AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

don't say you are going to announce it and then do a phantom--- I think THAT'S the issue people were having. It's not like we don't know about phantom releases but if we aren't expecting it then yea, that's effed up. Eastbay dropped a ball on this one. Should've never had people's hopes up thinking it was going to be a set time/date.

Right horrible way of handling the situation, no one would have had an issue if Eastbay did not state that they'll announce the rerelease date/time ahead so everyone would have a fair shot at copping.

I agree with you guys, why did Eastbay say they were going to announce a date/time, make everyone and there moms wait for that announcement only to do a mid-day Friday "phantom release"?

Chronology:

1) They were supposed to drop

2) They had a glitch

3) They told us to wait and that they may go live

4) They said an announcement would be made the following Monday

5) They announced they didn't have anymore information but to keep checking for a date/time

6) They just released it mid-day Friday with no advance warning
mean.gif

I wonder who the great wizard is that's running the show over there..

Eastbay handled the re-release of these so poorly. They said they would tweet when they were gonna re-release but never did, then did it in the middle of the day :smh:
I agree. People who stay connected to the Internet were able to cop multiple pairs for themselves or "homies". Those who planning on being around for the announced re-release date lost out. A random re-stock I can understand but a random release is strange. I'm sure Eastbays servers were happy tho! LOL

I think FNL's second launch day Thursday morning might've made Eastbay etc. pull the trigger Friday. Either that or they never intended to announce a date to begin with

Last edited:
stop bishing eastbay owe yall nothing whether they said they will announce it or not, yall going be right back on their site again next release scrambling for your size. With that said i was lucky to get a pair friday and they will be my first pair of 13s so how they fit?

stop bishing eastbay owe yall nothing whether they said they will announce it or not, yall going be right back on their site again next release scrambling for your size. With that said i was lucky to get a pair friday and they will be my first pair of 13s so how they fit?
Nobody, well me at least, was bashing Eastbay nor said they wouldn't be shopping there anymore. Eastbay said they would announce the date and people expected them to do so.

He has a valid point...I so happened to get thru, 30 mins after the initial tweet..but eastbay did mislead us by stating they would give is a new release date...then suddenly just dropping them.

He has a valid point...I so happened to get thru, 30 mins after the initial tweet..but eastbay did mislead us by stating they would give is a new release date...then suddenly just dropping them.
Yeah, I just don't understand why some people don't understand why some of us are pissed. I didn't feel a need to constantly check twitter or Eastbay.com because we were all told that they would give everyone a heads up on specific date and time for the release date. I assumed that they would tell everyone a few days in advance so that we all would get a chance to purchase the sneakers. I checked NT in the morning and again at night because I knew that you guys would be on top of it.

I found out about phantom release 2 hours after they dropped and by then it was far too late. Of course, I will shop with Eastbay again (I've been loyal customer for over 15 years) but they could have handled this one a lot better.

I got my pair on original release day. But u cant tell your customers who been waiting for another launch date to wait patiently then drop it when everybody at work and stuff. Good thing resale ain't even high on these

Bashing Eastbay as an organization is fine with me. They did not handle this situation well. You don't keep people hanging with the promise of promoting a new release date and then drop the shoes out of the blue.

What is not okay in my eyes is the bashing of the Eastbay reps who are on this board. These people are customer service reps doing their job and trying to help people on this board. They don't control the release, they don't make the rules, they don't pull the strings. Attacking them personally just makes you look like a childish creep.

Is it just me, or the quality on these look pretty cheap? I've seen them today on someone's feet and they look so cheap looking compared to the 2004 Retro's. That No 3M really is noticeable..SMH Glad I passed on these..

Anybody who copped w/ Eastbay, did they ship yours ups basic? The one where they give it to the local post office for final delivery? Just curious me and some friends were all able to place orders
chose the same shipping, they all got ups ground, out of my orders, one was shipped basic, one was shipped ground.

Can one of of you EB reps clue me in on how you guys decid which orders to ship ground versus basic?

Is it just me, or the quality on these look pretty cheap? I've seen them today on someone's feet and they look so cheap looking compared to the 2004 Retro's. That No 3M really is noticeable..SMH Glad I passed on these..

I'm with you. I've seen maybe a couple of pairs that looked good. Every other pair I've seen was dingy looking. I was hoping to change my mind on these eventually, but I'm happy with my decision to sit this one out

I almost didn't put up the link from Eastbay when I saw it. I was shocked since I hadn't seen anything on twitter. I refreshed the page 2 or 3 times before I added to cart and checked out. So, the link I put up was live for at least 30 seconds before I came in and put it up in this thread. I was on eastbay only by chance. I saw that someone in the retro 11 thread had posted that they had some stock but I was too late. I still searched "jordan retro" and saw the 13s come up in the search results. I thought maybe they might have a countdown timer up but I was seeing that all sizes were in stock.

I'm glad I was able to put it up for people on here since they wouldn't send out a tweet for another 2 minutes or so. First easy cop of the year, for me.

Anybody who copped w/ Eastbay, did they ship yours ups basic?

my pair from eastbay says ground, my other one say ground(2-Day UPS) and the pair from FTL says basic

i was hoping they would all arrive together if they were all shipped from the same place cause i dont like my packages get handed off to USPS. Thats when my sh gets lost !!! >:

Last edited:
I'm with you. I've seen maybe a couple of pairs that looked good. Every other pair I've seen was dingy looking. I was hoping to change my mind on these eventually, but I'm happy with my decision to sit this one out
The leather really looks bad and the shade of red doesn't look like the 2004's.. It's sad that these retail for $170...SMH

Back
Top Bottom