AJ XXX (30)

I got the early access mail around 11:30am yesterday but didn't bother. I need at least 2 pairs of the IVs. I do like the XXX and I'm 30 myself so I will definitely try to get a pair down the road. Are these likely to sell out within this month or will they hit the outlets later this year? What do you guys think? I'm sure other 30s will hit the outlets but I like this cw.

I got the early access mail around 11:30am yesterday but didn't bother. I need at least 2 pairs of the IVs. I do like the XXX and I'm 30 myself so I will definitely try to get a pair down the road. Are these likely to sell out within this month or will they hit the outlets later this year? What do you guys think? I'm sure other 30s will hit the outlets but I like this cw.

Who knows

Basically. The MJ crying face is more revelant than MJ himself right now. Just show Westbrook hooping in them and you're good.

How old are you? Because what you said is something I would expect a young person would say.

They do polls of the most popular basketball player and MJ is still very relevant.

Every time you see a poll of a comparison between Kobe and Jordan or Lebron and Jordan, you see it.

Babe Ruth hasn't played baseball in nearly 100 years and is still widely known. Same with Muhammad Ali. Their legacies grew to mythic like proportions. You don't have to be an active athlete to be relevant. That's why Under Armour signed Muhammad Ali to a contract to use his name. Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus make more money than most active golf players, and are more popular.

Last edited:
How old are you? Because what you said is something I would expect a young person would say.

They do polls of the most popular basketball player and MJ is still very relevant.

Every time you see a poll of a comparison between Kobe and Jordan or Lebron and Jordan, you see it.

Babe Ruth hasn't played baseball in nearly 100 years and is still widely known. Same with Muhammad Ali. Their legacies grew to mythic like proportions. You don't have to be an active athlete to be relevant. That's why Under Armour signed Muhammad Ali to a contract to use his name. Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus make more money than most active golf players, and are more popular.

No Sherlock. That's the convo we're having -- who the newer generation pays attention to. Most of the population alive grew up with Jordan playing, of course he'd win in polls. Pac and Biggie still get voted in top 5 list, but they're not relevant to the young generation. Give them Drake, Kendrick, J. Cole albums and they'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Sherlock. That's the convo we're having -- who the newer generation pays attention to. Most of the population alive grew up with Jordan playing, of course he'd win in polls. Pac and Biggie still get voted in top 5 list, but they're not relevant to the young generation. Give them Drake, Kendrick, J. Cole albums and they'll be happy.

No ignorant one, Michael Jordan is still very more relevant than Westbrook, because he has more name recognition. Michael Jordan's popularity is much bigger than basketballs.

Drake and J Cole are 30. Kendrick is 28. Not exactly relate able to a 16 year old.

Does a 14 year old relate to them, or they like their music, popularity or is it a part of fitting in?

You're letting your fandom prevent you from comprehending the conversation going on.

I'm going back to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, because a figure larger than life over basketball is less relevant than a player on a small market team :lol:

You still don't seem to get that Jordan reaches all people, because he's still one of the top three most popular athletes in the world, past or present. Westbrook reaches select people. You have to be a basketball fan to even know who Russell Westbrook is.

If it wasn't for his mega thight nut huggers and questionable fashion choices, I wonder have never knew who he is.

I get what he's saying...Jordan isn't even on the court and more people still recognize him worldwide...everyone knows Jordans are popular (even if they dont KNOW the shoes) so more people will gravitate towards that than a Westbrook shoe

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I swear their marketing department is absolutely lost, if you run a SB commercial you better put the man himself in it.
I disagree. Their target audience is the newer generation. The jumpman is all that matters. The jumpman is 1000x more iconic to them than MJ himself. I haven't seen the commercial, but they couldn't pick a better time to run a superbowl commercial imo. Let's face it the Jumpman is hotter than it's ever been right now. In this age with all these gullible kids on social media that are so easily influenced by anything, It's literally the perfect time to shove a jumpman in their faces.
Basically. The MJ crying face is more revelant than MJ himself right now. Just show Westbrook hooping in them and you're good.
Unfortunately you might be right :lol: :smh:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...reatment-after-super-bowl-loss-033017078.html

did they run a superbowl commercial? I doubt it but I wasn't really watching
nerd.gif

I got the early access email and ordered them immediately. I've loved these since they were first revealed. I can't wait to get them. 

I hope to get them on sale, just put on my XX9s and they felt do good, better than my Curry 1 lows and the XX8 SEs.

Back
Top Bottom