AJ XXX (30)

I've balled in practically every sig shoe the last three years. These things rank up there with my favs. Here are my impressions after the Friday trailing and 3 hours of open gym:

Fit: same as xx9 low for me. So just a little smaller than the xx8.

Upper: the toe feels fine. Sides are stiffer which helps with lateral movements. The heel is great and the height of the cuff is perfect IMO. The softer material up top was a great pic. They run stiffer and cooler in the xx9 so an impressive feat.

Cushioning: short term impression is that the shoe is stiff and firm but in a good way. If you find Lebrons too flexible because of the zoom pods then these will be your shoe. The forefoot zoom doesn't feel like the xx8. I never popped a bag but I miss th bouncy feel. I know they had to redesign due to durability issues but you don't even get the press in and rebound like you did with normal zoom. Still you get the feeling of bounce when you plant your foot to set flight. Feels like rounding the curve in a well balanced sports car. Reacts when you need it to in a satisfying way, but never excessively so.

Cushioning 2: long term was fine. I was worried about the lack of heel cushioning. After 3 hours my back and knees felt fine. Great even. Felt like they added extra in the heel of their base material just not a traditional cushioning tech like air, lunar or zoom.

Traction: I hate icy soles but Nike has improved the traction on icy soles over the years. These were fine for me. Like an 8.5 out of 10 and it seemed like they improved as you played more. Almost like tires it seems that they grip more as they "warm up".

Durability: had three guys step on my toes in these. Each time I cringed and waited to look. I was pleasantly surprised to see no scuffs on the toe at all. Seems very durable. Unfortunately someone stepped along the side and the white has a mark. The cloth sides will attract dirt.

Can't wait for them to #ReleaseTheRuss

Thanks for the input, I can't wait to ball in mine

Looking good, good luck with them on the courts

UNC pair -- could it be the next ones? 
nerd.gif
 (source: @kjada07 on Twitter)

too close of a resemblance to the 1st pair though... hope not.
Definitely close to the first pair and I can see how one would want something different.  As a big fan of the first pair, I actually think these look even better

Definitely close to the first pair and I can see how one would want something different.  As a big fan of the first pair, I actually think these look even better
question is would you purchase these as well if they released? i actually like these better too and would purchase these instead of the 1st pair.

question is would you purchase these as well if they released? i actually like these better too and would purchase these instead of the 1st pair.
It's tough to say, I would probably purchase these over the launch pair if I was deciding.  Don't know if I'd grab both...

EZ pass on the unc pair if it dropped. I have a few unc colors now and the launch color looks better to me.

Only the all star pair has my attention at the moment.

Wait, let me back track.... If I can get the unc color below retail then I'm in :lol:

Just tried these on at my Footlocker. Fit is definitely definitely similar to the XX9, although it did feel more snug in the heel. Now I have to see if my D*cks connect hook up the disco.

Last edited:
I can see why folks would be annoyed at the UNC being so similar to the launch pair.  Personally love the clean look though... Would have to see a better side shot but I just love how the black liner/tongue plays off the rest of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom