AJ XXX (30)

I spoke to someone who works directly with jordan brand.  said the 30 model was approved, by everyone except Jordan...so it was scraped.  Very unfortunate.  and now its based off the model 29 with tinker hatfield helping design and make a few tweaks.  Will be dropping Allstar break.  
Now THIS i can believe... it falls in place with things that i have heard, so i will take it as credible. 

I don't know...this makes no sense to me.  They've been working with Jordan for 30 years; a last minute review by him after everyone else has signed off makes no sense.  That may very well be the water cooler talk at JB, but that doesn't make it true.  

believe what you guys want.  its all good really...  I post the info to try to give some insight to the NT fam. like i said , I spoke to someone who works directly with jordan brand.., sure he could have lied or what not, but that's what I was informed.  I trust my sources. but I am on the same boat as you guys, just have to wait and see..

believe what you guys want.  its all good really...  I post the info to try to give some insight to the NT fam. like i said , I spoke to someone who works directly with jordan brand.., sure he could have lied or what not, but that's what I was informed.  I trust my sources. but I am on the same boat as you guys, just have to wait and see..
I too have a source, but they are extremely tight with info this year. It seems as if they are threatened with termination or something. I was told the italian factory was the issue this year. I don't believe anything now. Waiting for the finished product now. From what I understand most there have seen the product, but still I couldn't get details. LOL. 

There was an article written about this time last year speculating that the air ship could retro with an AJ1 as a pack. Google air ship and you'll see it.

I think there will be plenty of cool surprises this year for the XXX and 30 year anniversary

Imagine a holiday GOF pack with the Air Ships and OG AJ 1s... Would be amazing.

Last edited:

word I cant say more than that...but lets just say I wouldn't post if it werent true.  but yeah.  We will all see soon enough.  I am a big fan of the 29s, so might not be a bad thing. 
I can see his sons being involved giving him the no or yes since they know the sneaker market of today.

Then they just re-used the Chi 1's for that pack LOL

I'm looking forward to this though if it really happens. I wanted an Air Ship retro

Remastered OG Bred 1s and Red/White Air Ships would make the most sense but I doubt this would happen. Makes far too much sense lol

i totally believe the delay is due to some mess up, tech glitch or fickle MJ. i really doubt it is intentional, since it will only harm hype, not help it.
wrong. the delay in itself is helping hype. people are buzzing about it and it will only increase once we get closer to actual info/release. when was the last year a new Jordan didn't come out? that alone will create several hype articles from places like complex and attract even more of an audience who maybe never cared about new sigs. all eyes will be on this one

I spoke to someone who works directly with jordan brand.  said the 30 model was approved, by everyone except Jordan...so it was scraped.  Very unfortunate.  and now its based off the model 29 with tinker hatfield helping design and make a few tweaks.  Will be dropping Allstar break.  
I'm also not believing this. It makes no sense. JB has never scrapped an entire design. The only time they changed a design was when Jordan was retired and out of the loop for the design of the X and it ended up having that extra piece on the toe. Jordan saw that and said no and Nike changed the design to the now smooth toe.

I find it hard to believe that for such an important landmark signature shoe, Jordan wouldn't be involved to the point where the design was completely changed after he saw the finished product. I believe it was a manufacturing issue at the Italian factory. That issue was even spoke about when Tinker was interviewed in a video/article and said he had to travel to Italy for the issue and almost let some important design cue relevant to the issue of the XXX slip. There is no way its a takedown of the XX9. There's never been a sig model that's been based off or been a take down of another sig. The shoe is sure to have a new iteration of the flight plate and unlocked zoom, as well as a version of flight-weave but I'm sure thats it. C'mon now...lol

Last edited:
anybody make up a sketch of what they would wanna see on the 30? I sketch small shoe ideas here and there maybe we can mock up some stuff we wanna see

everyone is so secretive this year.  especially with this shoe let's just hope it's someone last day tomorrow at nike/jordan lol

They've been working on this shoe for 3-4 years. That stuff about Jordan not approving it is a made up rumor as to why we haven't seen it yet. Y'all act like they just started on the shoe 3 weeks ago.

everyone is so secretive this year.  especially with this shoe let's just hope it's someone last day tomorrow at nike/jordan lol

I'm quite sure that nike employment contracts have a non-disclosure agreement that forbids them to leak confidential business information. Otherwise, the employer can sue that former employee.

Back
Top Bottom