AJ XXX (30)

Just ignore him, eventually he'll stop lol
I apologize; I thought this was a forum to discuss a shared interest.  I guess if people have differing opinions they get slammed down...nice environment...thanks.

You're talking foolishness about air Jordan no longer being air, but go on.

Idea
The Nike Air Jordan XXX will commemorate 30 years of his airness. 30 years of excellence, 30 years of greatness, 30 years a legend. From these last 30 years Nike + Jordan will come together in celebration of amazing accolades. The Air Jordan XXX will be composed of His Airness own favorite silhouettes through the years with the technology of today. A homage to the past 30 years and a vision of what's to come for the next 30. (Hey NT, before yall decide to attack me all at once this was just an idea. I don't know what they gonna look like. Just thought this was kinda cool)

Well if history shows anything in the present @kingofkingz  might be onto something. The X was essentailly a celebration shoe and the XX as well, I wouldn't rule out the XXX taking the same path.

Idea
The Nike Air Jordan XXX will commemorate 30 years of his airness. 30 years of excellence, 30 years of greatness, 30 years a legend. From these last 30 years Nike + Jordan will come together in celebration of amazing accolades. The Air Jordan XXX will be composed of His Airness own favorite silhouettes through the years with the technology of today. A homage to the past 30 years and a vision of what's to come for the next 30. (Hey NT, before yall decide to attack me all at once this was just an idea. I don't know what they gonna look like. Just thought this was kinda cool)
I like the spirit of the idea.  The challenge will be to make it unique, and "inspired" but not looking like a hybrid to avoid the hate.  Otherwise the Son of Mars Low could be a shoe like that celebrating the some of the best silhouettes (3, 4, 5, 6).  That said, I believe Jordan has stated that the XI is one of his favorites... Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to the unveil.  It seems unlikely that we'll be wowed, but keeping an open mind that it will at least be something unique beyond an evolution of the XX9 with the 30th anniversary stamp on the insole.

Idea

Meh....

More like 14 years of greatness minus that one year he played baseball.

That may very well be the case, however, if so, that undermines the value of their "Air" branding....and doesn't reflect well on "Air Jordan" even though Air does remain in the forefoot.
The "Air" in Air Jordan is coincidental really. The "air" mostly comes from Michael's ability to appear to soar through the air on his way to dunking. Its coincidental in that he wore Nike Air. Its ok that you don't know this. Your comment makes it obvious that you haven't seen the man play back in the day due to your age. No worries.

Idea
To be fair, your idea has already been seen in the spizike, six rings and whatever other abomination JB came up with years ago. The XXX  IMO shouldn't be a rehash of ideas we've already seen rather, it should be something new and fresh that pushes the boundaries of a performance basketball shoe: Basically the main idea of innovation that has been one of the main driving forces behind the Air Jordan signature shoe. In fact a few pages back it was revealed that the XXX will have two versions upon release, one leather and one the updated flyweave with a new material woven into it.

I like the spirit of the idea.  The challenge will be to make it unique, and "inspired" but not looking like a hybrid to avoid the hate.  Otherwise the Son of Mars Low could be a shoe like that celebrating the some of the best silhouettes (3, 4, 5, 6).  That said, I believe Jordan has stated that the XI is one of his favorites... Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to the unveil.  It seems unlikely that we'll be wowed, but keeping an open mind that it will at least be something unique beyond an evolution of the XX9 with the 30th anniversary stamp on the insole.

Thanks sir. Preciate the feedback. A lot of hybrids do get bashed. They're really not all that bad IMO but to each his own

To be fair, your idea has already been seen in the spizike, six rings and whatever other abomination JB came up with years ago. The XXX  IMO shouldn't be a rehash of ideas we've already seen rather, it should be something new and fresh that pushes the boundaries of a performance basketball shoe: Basically the main idea of innovation that has been one of the main driving forces behind the Air Jordan signature shoe. In fact a few pages back it was revealed that the XXX will have two versions upon release, one leather and one the updated flyweave with a new material woven into it.
But....but....but.... The Spiz'ike was a joint venture for Mars and Mike. The 6 Rings was for his 6 rings. I like Spiz'ikes and 6 Rings and what they represent. The right colorways on them and we good money. The AF1AJ fusion could have been a pass but but hey, somebody liked it. But I see your point. I know a lot of people that did not camp for the Aqua AJ 8.0 :-/ eeeekkkkk.

The "Air" in Air Jordan is coincidental really. The "air" mostly comes from Michael's ability to appear to soar through the air on his way to dunking. Its coincidental in that he wore Nike Air. Its ok that you don't know this. Your comment makes it obvious that you haven't seen the man play back in the day due to your age. No worries.

Excellent point. I was actually in high school when he played (for the Bulls for the first time) and saw him play live...

The Air Jordan XXX...wow, just saying it out loud... The lineage, the history... I'm a 41yr-old man from southern Indiana & this is my 1 st ever post on NT. I am what I call a 'day 1' jordan-head, before there was ever a term called 'retro'...before they were even referenced by #'s, back when it was just "da new Jordans" every season... I'm amazed at how far this culture has grown!!! I've followed NT for years, mostly for the latest info & pics... I never felt the need to post because this passion has always been very personal to me. At the end of the day, I could care less about whether somebody was feelin' a release or not... I'm gonna cop what I want regardless...never in it for style points, to be cool, or whatever motivates someone to rock J's.... I do it to this day because it's a lifestyle that represents a relentless drive to greatness!!! I will forever be a hooper at heart until I can no longer physically play, & I will forever be intrigued by the next Air Jordan model...why??? Simply because I'm still looking for any edge that I can gain on the competition...

The Air Jordan XXX...wow, just saying it out loud... The lineage, the history... I'm a 41yr-old man from southern Indiana & this is my 1 st ever post on NT. I am what I call a 'day 1' jordan-head, before there was ever a term called 'retro'...before they were even referenced by #'s, back when it was just "da new Jordans" every season... I'm amazed at how far this culture has grown!!! I've followed NT for years, mostly for the latest info & pics... I never felt the need to post because this passion has always been very personal to me. At the end of the day, I could care less about whether somebody was feelin' a release or not... I'm gonna cop what I want regardless...never in it for style points, to be cool, or whatever motivates someone to rock J's.... I do it to this day because it's a lifestyle that represents a relentless drive to greatness!!! I will forever be a hooper at heart until I can no longer physically play, & I will forever be intrigued by the next Air Jordan model...why??? Simply because I'm still looking for any edge that I can gain on the competition...

Well said! We're from the same era, and I can appreciate your perspective.

Man, I am feeling the whe 30 theme ... Maybe they could throw some Laser print on the shoes, or do a mash up of all the shoes.

The sneakers are called 'Air Jordan' because the shoes actually have a visible or encapsulated Nike Air unit in them. It can be a regular Air unit, Zoom, Max, etc... but the 'Air' prefix on the sneakers indicates that it has 'active' cushioning. It's a legal issue and a shoe that runs phylon, lunarlon or some other type of non-Air, Foam based cushioning should not have the 'Air' moniker.

The sneakers are called 'Air Jordan' because the shoes actually have a visible or encapsulated Nike Air unit in them. It can be a regular Air unit, Zoom, Max, etc... but the 'Air' prefix on the sneakers indicates that it has 'active' cushioning. It's a legal issue and a shoe that runs phylon, lunarlon or some other type of non-Air, Foam based cushioning should not have the 'Air' moniker.
Exactly.  Back in the day, however, I think it's fair to say that it was the perfect storm for one of the greatest marketing campaigns ever.  We had the advent of Nike Air with the extra dimension of visible air, coupled with the magic of Jordan who was dubbed Air Jordan given his tremendous flight ability on court.  It was the perfect marriage of performance and technology.  If they remove all air cushioning, I don't believe they can call it Air Jordan, despite the fact that broadcasters did refer to him that way when he performed.  

I just think it's interesting that KD and Lebron both have large visible air units in the heel, while the XX9 loses air cushioning in the heel all together.  Would love to understand the tech/performance decision behind that.  Personally, I love visible air (from an aesthetic perspective), which got me into Nike in the first place with the AT3 (AT SC at the time), and the Jordan 4 (I missed the 3).  I lost interest in Jordan designs after the 6, though I did have the 7 (the huarache was very comfortable), and the 8, which I hated....bulky...

Anyway, I have the XX9s and do find them comfortable, though would enjoy them more for casual wear if there were air in the heel....just one man's opinion....

^^^ serves as a spring board during jumping, think of the CF in the XI or XII

Back
Top Bottom