AJ XXX (30)

I might be wrong but here is a guess. What if these are the 30's that were scrapped a while back and JB is releasing these pictures to get us folks riled up. Maybe that's why they were scrapped MJ said they had to be different. Its a wild guess. Even with the leak not all the shoe websites have been posting these pics that were released. Fingers crossed that's what it is. I just don't see all the details that these were suppose to have Italian, premium ect. I know I am reaching but what the hell.

I might be wrong but here is a guess. What if these are the 30's that were scrapped a while back and JB is releasing these pictures to get us folks riled up. Maybe that's why they were scrapped MJ said they had to be different. Its a wild guess. Even with the leak not all the shoe websites have been posting these pics that were released. Fingers crossed that's what it is. I just don't see all the details that these were suppose to have Italian, premium ect. I know I am reaching but what the hell.

You're definitely reaching. :lol:

23 makes sense though. The only time I can't think of them putting the number of the shoe on it is the XIV and that was on the inside of the tongue. And the 23 itself I guess. The 16 had it hidden in the 'jordan' logo. The 15 had it within the small numbers on the heel. The 17 was in the n on 'jordan'. XIX I think was on the sole? XX was within the laser? All subtle.

The 16 had XV1 on the translucent rubber on the forefoot.
17 as part of the JORDAN lettering, XIX was indeed on the outsole. XX1 was on the tongue.

I still wont accept a non zoom heel for a shoe at this price point. First of all, zoom is not the same these days, i barely get any response from my zoom shoes xx8, hyperdisruptors, etc and now they somewhat worked out a way to save a penny and get rid of it altogether. Please dont give me the guards only play on their toes excuse, not everyone lands on their forefoot. They may use some really nice foam, but foam will eventually bottom out. Yes the xx9s do feel good, but for how long? The kyries make me sick too, the zoom sucks and we only get forefoot too. Lets face it, nike is cost cutting and they are conditioning consumers into thinking that only one zoom bag is fine these days. Rubbish.

They're figuring out that Zoom causes injuries. Jesus, its like taking away a razor blade candy apple from a baby. Its not the end of the world.

And if you're not landing on your forefoot then what the hell are you landing on? Your heels? Why would someone do that? I can understand a complaint about heel strikes from running but landing? My teeth hurt just thinking about it. 

Wouldn't Air Max in the heel be better for that anyway?

Last edited:
Zoom bags can pop/bottom out/deflate whatever you choose to call it too.

My Lebron IIs, retro Vick IIs, CDP XIIs, and pair of Vomero 7s. It just gets completely unresponsive.

Zoom bags can pop/bottom out/deflate whatever you choose to call it too.

My Lebron IIs, retro Vick IIs, CDP XIIs, and pair of Vomero 7s. It just gets completely unresponsive.
Because they are mega cheap now and dont care to use quality materials on those Zoom bags, on a side note all of my OG Zoom based shoes are still perfect and I am talking about shoes made in the late 90's, so...yeah.

It just feels like youre giving nike a pass to continue cost cutting and just accept the "new status quo". Also where ds you get the notion that zoom causes injuries?

Max air and any visible air unit should be banned from shoes entirely! I have never had a pair not explode, or deflate, the 1990's, 2000's and most recently, the Kobe X. I popped those in about 2 week, an I only weigh 185 lbs! Visible air is garbage, absolute trash!

We all need to take a stand against Nike and Jordan and stop buying their product at these prices! I live in Canada, a pair of Jordan XX9 were $300!! A pair of Kobe 9 Elite were $300-345!!! Thats insane! And as long as we continue to buy them at that prices, Nike will keep putting them out at that prices tag.

Im not into buying a shoe 6-9 months later at a discount like some of you will suggest when you read this, I want a reasonable price when a shoe gets released, not have to wait till it goes on sale half a year later and hope my size is available.

I am border line heading to Adidas and Under Armour. Those Lillards got an amazing review, and they are $105, probably $130-40 Canadian, I have already decided that I will no longer pay top dollar for Nike/Jordan, I hope everyone else does their part to try an not buy the flagship shoes at full price, If Nike can't sell them at $300, they have to reduce the price!

^Completely disagree. I started wearing visible air unit shoes since early 90's and never had one to explode or deflate, except a few AM2s with visible window on the bottom when I stepped on a glass. And mind you I played basketball in high school so they were not only casually worn, oh and not to mention that I wore them in the winter time in the snow too. So there is no drama with the visible Air, Max Air or Zoom Air. Excluding any of these from Nike shoes is just cheap way of them to save money, just like replacing genuine leather with plastic and carbon fiber with TPU. 

^Completely disagree. I started wearing visible air unit shoes since early 90's and never had one to explode or deflate, except a few AM2s with visible window on the bottom when I stepped on a glass. And mind you I played basketball in high school so they were not only casually worn, oh and not to mention that I wore them in the winter time in the snow too. So there is no drama with the visible Air, Max Air or Zoom Air. Excluding any of these from Nike shoes is just cheap way of them to save money, just like replacing genuine leather with plastic and carbon fiber with TPU. 

Crazy, I have had no success with visible air, like, not a single pair didn't pop, even if I only ever used them indoor. Apparently you know how to wear air better than me haha

LOL you need to trade mark that right away before Nike grabs it - We Know How To Wear Air ! -

Crazy, I have had no success with visible air, like, not a single pair didn't pop, even if I only ever used them indoor. Apparently you know how to wear air better than me haha

You may need to get a pair of Adidas or New Balance for workout purposes only and exercise for a good year to lose some weight. Because never in my life have I heard of a person popping the airbags in their shoes :rofl:

Max air and any visible air unit should be banned from shoes entirely! I have never had a pair not explode, or deflate, the 1990's, 2000's and most recently, the Kobe X. I popped those in about 2 week, an I only weigh 185 lbs! Visible air is garbage, absolute trash!

I think if visible air was that horrible nobody would buy it. I've probably played in and dogged out hundreds of visible air based shoes and never had an air bag deflate or burst.

My air jordan 5 and 6 retros from 2000 have visible air units and they didn't pop. Only the air pressure decreaed much over the years and fogged up.
The only disadvantage visible air units have is that they are exposed to sharp objects causing a cut or stab damage easier than being covered by PU or phylon midsoles.

The Argument that nike saves costs by leaving out zoom air units is exagerated. They probably cost a few Cents only as they are being mass produced in east asia.

Back to the ajxxx:

Option 1: the leaked images are the real deal which would mean that Nike breaks its design tradition for an AirJordan (fusions and hybrids exempted.

Option 2: the real shoe has mostly the upper of the leaked images but with a redesigned sole.

Option 3: the real shoe looks completely different which means the leaked images are probably part of a diversion campaign to cause people debating about the AJ xxx more.

Last edited:
 The Argument that nike saves costs by leaving out zoom air units is exagerated. They probably cost a few Cents only as they are being mass produced in east asia
Multiply few cents by hundreds of millions and there you go, every saving for the corporation is a money in the pockets of the shareholders. Plus I doubt that a Zoom unit costs a cents, at least not in the lower end.  

I personally have never popped a zoom,or air bag I have had some deflate though.

I really wish Nike would step up their cushion tech though, adidas boost is actually on another level to anything they have ever done

i have popped or however it happened 2prs of Lebron X(Pure Plat/Cutting Jade) which is depressing to me, however my air maxes, and my Lebron X Exts are fine, though i've cut back how much i wear them to about once every other month, though with the amount of shoes a lot of us have
laugh.gif
 yeah no worries, my kobe x are fine as well, idk what that person is doing

I popped a couple pairs of air maxes like 15 years ago when i was a teenager and used to run my shoes into the ground and only have a pair or two at a time.. now a days since i have a lot more shoes and treat them well i haven't popped one.

Last edited:
I still wont accept a non zoom heel for a shoe at this price point. First of all, zoom is not the same these days, i barely get any response from my zoom shoes xx8, hyperdisruptors, etc and now they somewhat worked out a way to save a penny and get rid of it altogether. Please dont give me the guards only play on their toes excuse, not everyone lands on their forefoot. They may use some really nice foam, but foam will eventually bottom out. Yes the xx9s do feel good, but for how long? The kyries make me sick too, the zoom sucks and we only get forefoot too. Lets face it, nike is cost cutting and they are conditioning consumers into thinking that only one zoom bag is fine these days. Rubbish.

The no zoom heel cushion is just fine. It works for the xx9 and melo m11 as well as super.fly 3 and 4. The xx8 has heel zoom and yet the heel cushion is not as good as the xx9 or the m11.

Plenty of people also loved playing in the Kobe 8 and 9 which has lunarlon only.

Back
Top Bottom