AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by Rightguard

I STILL DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO 6'S RELEASED AND THIS PACKAGE
Well now they both come in a package so it's easier to store. Duh. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dano4o8

^^ GL with Arden Mall, they go crazy up there for every hot release lol
ha. tellin me like i dont know. CDP 11/12 was crazy enough. like 10 cop cars and after waiting ALL NIGHT from 11pm to 6am, the security guard wanted to let the BACK of the line in FIRST. had to bum rush into the mall to cop my pair. got so lucky. then the SJs. no need to say anything bout that release. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by Rightguard

I STILL DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO 6'S RELEASED AND THIS PACKAGE
Well now they both come in a package so it's easier to store. Duh. 
laugh.gif
NO WAY!!! I have to get this pack then. 
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ Yeah but there are places selling them for $400 shipped right now. Which is basically Retail + tax + shipping. Why not just pull the trigger on that rather than camping out or clicking refresh every 3 seconds??
he's right there are a ton right now going for around that price on EBAY. Anywhere else, however and good luck. The sites that had the CDP don't even have this pack with the exception of UTA. They have 1 size 12 left going for $599. PYS doesn't have them, Shoe Trends, CitySole, etc. The over seas sites may have them though...haven't checked. 

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

If you're buying JB retros for playing basketball, then you clearly are misguided. The retros are some of the worst performing shoes out there. Subpar copies of originals with cheap materials and outdated technology. Might want to try some of the Nike basketball line and see what you are missing out on. (Kobe, hyperdunk, Lebron)
I'm well aware that the quality has degraded immensely for JB.  I've commented on it several times on these boards.  I've been wearing Air Jordans for longer than many NTers have been alive, so believe me, I have something real to compare them to, and not just stories and legends.  This is why I haven't bought jack from JB the last decade or so.  That, and I got out of playing basketball due to some health issues several years back.  The only reason I'm even contemplating this pack is because the black/infrared VIs is what got me started playing basketball, so it holds a much deeper meaning to me than most.  For that reason, MAYBE I'll forgive the flaws/make an exception just this once.  MAYBE.

As for other shoes in the Nike line-up, I can't stand the design of any of the Kobes, or LeBrons, so those are out.  One of the 2 pairs I mentioned I bought were actually the Billy Hoyle Hyperize, which are OK, but to my surprise, don't seem to grip or cushion as well as my Nubuck XIIs (the other pair I bought), not to mention that even though they run longer (got a 1/2 size smaller for this reason), they're actually noticeably narrower than any b-ball shoe I've worn, to the point they blister the outside toes on my feet if I play for extended periods of time, or play several days in a row.  I only bought those because it's one of the very, very few shoes I actually kind of liked the looks/colorway of for some reason.  Otherwise, I'm quite picky, which is unfortunate since Nike/JB produces trash these days.  I'm also not one to buy into these gimmicks about "new, cutting edge technology!!!1111" in shoes.  I've had no problem with the comfort and responsiveness of the original AJ line up (granted some were a bit bulky, but it didn't bother me).  As I've said several times in the past on this site, don't fall for marketing.

Youbought 2 shoes in the last 4 years. YOU are obviously the minority on aSneaker community forum called Niketalk.
I realize most people don't buy as little as I do.  However, while I may be an extreme example, I've read these forums long enough to know that there are plenty of people that don't buy a dozen pairs a year.  It's no coincidence that those are the ones asking about how everyone gets these "connects".

Do you work at Sears, Walmart,or some other big retail clothing store? Because that's what it soundslike, and that makes your whole wall of text irrelevant to this. The fact you still work retailmakes your saltiness all make sense.
No, sir.  I don't know how anything I said makes it sound like I work for a huge retailer.  Why would people randomly ask for discounts at major retailers like that?  Since when can employees of such stores give out random discounts?  This shows you're not debating logically, and are just trying to use straw-man arguments to make your points valid, or to make mine invalid.

The store I manage is a privately owned company that ships all over the world.  Granted it's not a direct comparison to this situation, but we definitely have our fair share of customers who feel entitled to discounts because they "spend a lot" with us.  I also have customers who want new, or extremely popular products that we have trouble keeping in stock set aside for them (whether we have them in stock now, or when we get our next shipment in before they hit the shelves).  When we do our flat store wide sales 2-3 times a year, the lines waiting for the store to open will put some of the HOH lines for this release to shame.  Around that time, I have lots of regulars asking us to break the clearly stated rules that we can't put items on hold (first come, first served), or even ask us to give them the discount before/after the sale because they can't/couldn't make it there during that day/those hours.

BTW, I "still work retail" because this isn't some $10, or $15, or $20/hr gig.
roll.gif
  And the only thing I'm "salty" about is having to put up with people in general.  There is nothing quite like working with the mass public to make you realize just how incredibly stupid the average American is. 

I'm done with this subject.The JB forum is full of morons like you. Just salty sitting and notgetting anything. Hate hate hate hate hate. Wondering if they can makea miracle happen and get something exclusive. Go to the Nike forum,wait for a 50% off thread, read and get some knowledge.
First of all, there is no one else on Niketalk like me, period.  As the SN suggest, I'm an anomaly.  I've never fit the typical profile of a person who's into the things I'm into, be it sneakers, cars, basketball, the type of music I listen to, or what have you.  I don't follow a certain look or protocol for any category of life, so you have very, very few people to compare me to, let alone NTers.

Secondly, where are you getting this "salty" or "hate", or "waiting on a miracle" crap from?  I clearly stated several times now that I'm not even sold on this pack yet, much less "salty" about getting my hands on it, or looking for connects.  If I really want to get them, I'm sure I can, just as I got my hands on 6 pairs of the Niketown/NDC exclusive retro VI DBs, and I had the option to get a lot more had I wanted to.  And I've followed (and have contributed to) the Nike retro thread about outlets for quite some time now.  Don't let the post count fool you.  I've been browsing these forums a long time.  It's just I seldom post on threads BECAUSE the average sneakerhead is an idiot, so don't even try to pin that crap on me just because I'm pointing out why your suggestions might not work for a good portion of those that are asking.  That's not hating on you.  If you got those connections, and you're that into sneakers, great for you.

I NEVER said anything negative about you, or what works for you.  All I said was you shouldn't assume that everyone asking about connects (*of which, I am NOT one of!!*) is that into them (purchasing many pairs a year, plus shoe care products, etc), or that everything can work out the way you described for anyone that wants it (i.e. jking's posts after mine).  I was pointing this out for people like jking.  Somehow, that snowballed into your baseless accusations of me "hating", or being "salty", or waiting on a miracle, and whatever other nonsense, even though I stated MULTIPLE times that I'm not convinced on getting this pack yet, much less displayed an interest in creating "connects" to get rare releases.  Just relax a bit, take a step back and try to see things from someone elses perspective.

Just a heads up.. House of Hoops Chicago has the most stock in the U.S... They will start giving out tickets at 7:30 to reserve ur pair and size to pick up tommorrow morning.. Don't snooze.. The line is only 13 deep

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

I pat myself on the back for 1st discovering the good ol garden craft marker from Michaels Arts & Crafts lol.. But yea I'm still gettin the pack.. I'm 4th in line at House Of Hoops
wink.gif
good find homie...a pat on the back from me. i gotta make a trip to michaels
BACKPAT.JPG

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

This shoe pack will be available for sale on our website at 12 AM ET on 6/19/10. 

EastbayRep - Ray
Do you know if these will be a limit 1 per order/customer?
Just in case you missed it, yes, we will have a limit of one pack per customer.

EastbayRep - Ray
Thank you for the reply.

Got my ticket the new HOH in North Jersey (Willowbrook)....line was about 30 deep when I left. They were supposed give them out at 5 but they did it like 45 minutes early. People that came at 5 going to be salty.

Originally Posted by NoIntroNeeded

Got my ticket the new HOH in North Jersey (Willowbrook)....line was about 30 deep when I left. They were supposed give them out at 5 but they did it like 45 minutes early. People that came at 5 going to be salty.

one reason why i didnt go there...woulda gotten there about now hahaha. ill take my chances online. thanks for the heads up though...hopefully the release goes down smooth over there.

I really don't get how they distributed these..some people say they are flooded with them..and some places didn't even get them

I got there at 4. There was about 15 dudes sitting the by the fountain and 8 dudes sitting on the benches in front of foot locker. They gave the tix out at like 420. Some people came late.
Originally Posted by SupraMan1784

one reason why i didnt go there...woulda gotten there about now hahaha. ill take my chances online. thanks for the heads up though...hopefully the release goes down smooth over there.

I got there at 4. There was about 15 dudes sitting the by the fountain and 8 dudes sitting on the benches in front of foot locker. They gave the tix out at like 420. Some people came late.

what number did you get, if you dont mind me asking? haha not like im gonna hit that spot up anyways. i just got lazy...so ill take my chances online, been successful every time ive tried though

Online Spots:
Flight Club: $550- $600

Kix-Files: $435 - $520

Marquee Sole: $299 (Black Only)

O Sneaker: $460

UBIQ: $310 - Phone Orders start at Noon 215.988.0194

Sneaker Politics - Phone Orders (maybe) 11AM 337.993.3709 

Uptempo Air - $599 (sz. 12 left)

Jumpmansneakers - $500

I'm fairly sure I don't even need to waste my time trying to get this pack tonight even though I would like to have it.

I got number 13...I retired from online..tried once...got bit in the ***..never again lol

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, I was mad
their security can't get anything right.

I don't think I'll be at HOH for any release date again.

I was hoh willowbrook too..... since they opened I got number two..... supraman if u didn't know champs will also have em too at midnight

I work at Champs and my manager was telling me these are limited..

He said Champs as company is only getting 1000 pairs, and that HOH NY only got like 36, and Niketown NY got like 34..

He might be exaggerating, but just a heads up.. DONT SLEEP.

Back
Top Bottom