AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

This pack delivered big time. I feel sorry for the cats who missed out and now are all salty trying to diss this pack
eyes.gif
What exactly did it deliver on?  The current garbage standard of JB quality that kids under 25 seem to be OK with?  I still haven't worn mine and am debating getting rid of them, because after trying them on, it fully sank in just how poorly they measure to the originals.  It shouldn't be this hard to match up to the originals, if not in materials, then at LEAST in shape.  After all, this is the same company that designed, created, tested, perfected and released them originally.  How is it they can't replicate it?
I currently have in-hand Infrared packs of a size 9 (to rock) and a size 13 (to stock).  I noticed that the size 9 is on point in terms of shape, while my 13 looks kinda funky.  I'm sure there is a huge standard deviation on all sizes.  Not all pairs are going to be perfect in shape.  That goes for any retro's and for any OG's to boot too.  With anything that gets remade or retro'd, the replication is never EVER going to be the same as the original.  Do you really think that the same operations management that ran Nike back in 1991 is the same exact people who are running things in 2010 with JB?  Economies of scale, materials requirements, costs, and production is obviously going to change in 19 years.  And I'm sure the original molds aren't in the best of condition after 19 years. 

And what are your expectations about quality?  Just because your memories of your OG VI's seemed to go through more wear and tear because you subjected them to playground conditions?  And before you label me as a kid, I'm 35 years old and own a pair of DS OG infrareds.  You rely on your fond memories of wearing the OG shoe.  I still have a pair of the shoes that are unworn and in-hand with which I can make a valid comparison with to these new versions.  And let me tell you, the OG's weren't made with insane unflawed precision.  They have all the noticeable flaws that any shoe that you could buy today will have.  The paint isn't perfect.  There are over-glued spots.  All the crap people are complaining about today was still there in 1991.  All these cats complaining about the Infrared or Varsity Red paint isn't painted with medical precision on the lines.  Are you really serious???!?  Give me a break.  Were the OG's painted perfectly?  They were even sloppier than the 2000 retro's.  But have I cried once on here that these 3rd generation VI's suck in quality?  I'm just thankful we got them.

Is it necessary to stereotype everyone who is under 25 as kids who don't know any better but to like inferior quality?  Why do they all have to fall into that stereotype?  Just because they weren't around for the OG's, we should disqualify them?  C'mon.  Sure, some of them may not have awareness by experience, but don't be stereotyping the younger group as a whole.  I'm sure there are cats who are younger than us who know their %!+.  How old are you anyway?  26?  Have a little more respect as a whole for the fam and to the brand, instead of always whining and crying about everyone's shortcomings.  I have respect for anyone under 25 who is buying JB retro product (especially the T. Hatfield era product), because of their appreciation of products that aren't even in their generation and that says a lot of the impact the brand has had in its lifetime.
Well said. Totally agree w/ the painting aspect too. I've never really understood why 85% of the people in this thread complain about "paint jobs" when the OG's were just as sloppy, if not worse. The only difference lies in materials (which changes the shapes). Simply put...its a retro (replica of the original)...not an exact. I applaud JB for their efforts w/ this package. At the end of the day its a business. And if I can make money on the same shoe in 2 weeks by varying the color and package, then why not! It's business....stop acting like JB owes you guys something. You're a consumer...not an heir!

Also agree about the "OG sneakerheads", "OG collectors", yadayadaya....bashing these young guys. This current sneaker culture is what it is. And in 10 years it will be just that, and they ("newbies") will be what you currently are. At one time you were a "newbie" yourself. Bridge the gap and educate if you have to....but chill w/ thinking that someone under 25 owes you something, or doesn't know anything.

I, personally, wanted this package. Missed out on release date, but was able to snag one (for retail) a week later. Prior to that, I purchased both the varsity reds...simply because of the nostalgia of the shoe, and the memories I had from that period (I was 11 years old then!)....also because I thought I'd never be able to get this package.

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

I, personally, wanted this package. Missed out on release date, but was able to[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] snag one (for retail) a week later[/color]. Prior to that, I purchased both the varsity reds...simply because of the nostalgia of the shoe, and the memories I had from that period (I was 11 years old then!)....also because I thought I'd never be able to get this package.
wait. what?!? you got a pack for retail? must mean you got one as a fluke. seems as though there are more flukes than Sour Diesel thinks.
Sour Diesel wrote:

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Most of you are just blinded by the history behind these shoes and hype too.
If you think that this was a well-made pack by Nike, you're sadly mistaken.
They released VR and then decided to make extra money by squeezing out more VR but instead repainting them.
C'mon it has to be nostalgia when the majority of you bought them cause they were a lighter Varsity Red.
See, you're bringing up the Varsity Reds. Those don't actually have anything to do with this pack and the shoes in it. They shouldn't have anything to do with the reception of the package, which for the most part has been outstanding.
The whole "lighter Varsity Red" argument is lame. Most people who knew these would be available weren't even concerned with the Varsity Reds. This was for the diehards, and in my opinion it delivered.
man your trying really hard to defend your purchase. varsity reds are brought up since they dropped THIS YEAR and are so very similar to the pack.

but then again, i digress... cant reason with the masses i guess
ohwell.gif

They released VR and then decided to make extra money by squeezing out more VR but instead repainting them.
C'mon it has to be nostalgia when the majority of you bought them cause they were a lighter Varsity Red.
Everyone can rock them, but its how you rock them that counts
This doesn't make sense at all.

You mean they decided to release an Infrared Pack and squeezed extra money out of people's pockets by releasing the VRs prior to the pack.  People were under the impression that VRs were as close as they were gonna get to Infrareds.

Originally Posted by bigj505

I, personally, wanted this package. Missed out on release date, but was able to[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] snag one (for retail) a week later[/color]. Prior to that, I purchased both the varsity reds...simply because of the nostalgia of the shoe, and the memories I had from that period (I was 11 years old then!)....also because I thought I'd never be able to get this package.
wait. what?!? you got a pack for retail? must mean you got one as a fluke. seems as though there are more flukes than Sour Diesel thinks.
Sour Diesel wrote:

See, you're bringing up the Varsity Reds. Those don't actually have anything to do with this pack and the shoes in it. They shouldn't have anything to do with the reception of the package, which for the most part has been outstanding.
The whole "lighter Varsity Red" argument is lame. Most people who knew these would be available weren't even concerned with the Varsity Reds. This was for the diehards, and in my opinion it delivered.
man your trying really hard to defend your purchase. varsity reds are brought up since they dropped THIS YEAR and are so very similar to the pack.

ohwell.gif

I have to agree with him on the point that it is lame for people to say, "These are just a repainted version of Varsity Reds.  I'm cool with my Varsity Red pack.  It's just a slight color difference."  The simple fact is that the people who copped VRs jumped the gun and didn't wanna wait to see if the Infrared pack rumors were true.  Why would you wanna bash the ones who copped the pack and purposely passed on the VRs because we knew the pack was coming?  And how can you bash the Infrared pack when the fact is that you have VIs that are actually farther from being OG?  It's a contradictory statement to say that the pack is not legit when you possess what is more or less imitation Infrareds in the VRs.

b5p6xz.gif

I'm going to present close-up proof that the OG's didn't have perfect quality...

DS 1991 OG VI's (901608 FT2's) from my collection.  This will settle it once and for all, for anyone that claims that they remember their OG's had perfect applications of Infrared, the evidence below proves otherwise.  There was Infrared paint spattered all over the place back in '91.  Also you can see over-application of glue along the edges of the sole; common complaints among the haters of this year's retro.

For the most part, all 2010 Infrared Retro VI's have better paint work, they have straighter and more consistent stitching, and they don't crease as badly as the OG's.  For those of you who glorify the OG's quality just so you can bash and hate on the 2010 Retro's, I'm pretty sure 19 years of time passed has made your memory hazy on shoes you had as a kid/young adult.  The reality is that the OG's quality were in no way perfect. 

Originally Posted by imazing1201

^ /thread 
good stuff mike cabrera

i heard it once before that OG Jordans quality isn't as godly as people claimed it to be.

thats a given...even the infamous jason mayden said quality is better so tho i wld like to kill that whole quality thinkin from evrybody it wnt happen...
check out the comparison thread bro or go to Nice kicks n look at the post on the comparison...ppl complained bout 11's havin that rubber specks...og's had that....chipped paint? yep OG's had it...misplaced glue? OG's had it moreso than the retros n it will kill alotta ppl to read this but its true

great example right here

OG

look at the clear midsole shape, excessive glue (WAY EXCESSIVE), misplaced paint n other flaws...now look at the 2010's....no probs...

halfyhalf wrote:
green rhino123 wrote:
those 1991s look repainted or something
i have the original and the cuts/angles on the infrared trim
are sharper like the retro pics show

Those have never been touched up or painted.  I laced up one of them the first time a month ago for display in the shop.  It was somewhat refreshing to see that mispainting and glue slopping wasnt just a "retro thing".

this was the response to those pics in the other forum

I'm satisfied with this pack, both shoes look dope and I actually like the black joints more then the white's (but Durabuck on the blacks would of made this pack Golden imo)

Originally Posted by Redrum

I'm satisfied with this pack, both shoes look dope and I actually like the black joints more then the white's (but Durabuck on the blacks would of made this pack Golden imo)
It'd be scary to think what the demand would've been if the black/infrared was made with Durabuck. 
eek.gif

yeah, but the durabuck being better seems like mostly hype to me now tho...

for 6 months now all reports about the nubuck used on those varsity red & blacks from january have been solid. easily cleaned off, no fading, no creasing, still look DS, no problems, all good...

even if durabuck really is better i'd much rather 'em stay black than look charcoal grey like the durabuck does...

i've come to realize that people will find something to female dog about on here no matter what...

this pack is straight quality wise.

and mikecabrera just broke stuff the F down in here...

don't even try to come back, dude exposed all the holes in your arguments...

I'm going to present close-up proof that the OG's didn't have perfect quality...

DS 1991 OG VI's (901608 FT2's) from my collection.  This will settle it once and for all, for anyone that claims that they remember their OG's had perfect applications of Infrared, the evidence below proves otherwise.  There was Infrared paint spattered all over the place back in '91.  Also you can see over-application of glue along the edges of the sole; common complaints among the haters of this year's retro.

For the most part, all 2010 Infrared Retro VI's have better paint work, they have straighter and more consistent stitching, and they don't crease as badly as the OG's.  For those of you who glorify the OG's quality just so you can bash and hate on the 2010 Retro's, I'm pretty sure 19 years of time passed has made your memory hazy on shoes you had as a kid/young adult.  The reality is that the OG's quality were in no way perfect. 
Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad that somebody actually provided real pictures of the OG's from their personal collection. Now I can see that Nike had the same problems and/or more quality control problems back then as JB does today. It looks like the 2010 retros have actually improved in the quality control area (Less glue, better pain lines and etc. Durabuk would've been nice, but I can't complain. Overall, I'm glad that I got them, because there was no way that I was going to try to UNDS my 2000 Infrareds and my worn 2000's are through.
pimp.gif

This pack delivered big time. I feel sorry for the cats who missed out and now are all salty trying to diss this pack
eyes.gif
What exactly did it deliver on?  The current garbage standard of JB quality that kids under 25 seem to be OK with?  I still haven't worn mine and am debating getting rid of them, because after trying them on, it fully sank in just how poorly they measure to the originals.  It shouldn't be this hard to match up to the originals, if not in materials, then at LEAST in shape.  After all, this is the same company that designed, created, tested, perfected and released them originally.  How is it they can't replicate it?
I currently have in-hand Infrared packs of a size 9 (to rock) and a size 13 (to stock).  I noticed that the size 9 is on point in terms of shape, while my 13 looks kinda funky.  I'm sure there is a huge standard deviation on all sizes.  Not all pairs are going to be perfect in shape.  That goes for any retro's and for any OG's to boot too.  With anything that gets remade or retro'd, the replication is never EVER going to be the same as the original.  Do you really think that the same operations management that ran Nike back in 1991 is the same exact people who are running things in 2010 with JB?  Economies of scale, materials requirements, costs, and production is obviously going to change in 19 years.  And I'm sure the original molds aren't in the best of condition after 19 years. 
No, I'm not expecting the situation to be the same.  That's exactly the point.  Too many people think it IS the same, or "pretty damn close".  My point is if they really wanted to do it, they could easily do it.  But they refuse to because they want to cut corners, which is fine and dandy, but people need to stop sugar coating the reality of the situation by making the retros out to be something better than what they are.

And what are your expectations about quality?  Just because your memories of your OG VI's seemed to go through more wear and tear because you subjected them to playground conditions?  And before you label me as a kid, I'm 35 years old and own a pair of DS OG infrareds.  You rely on your fond memories of wearing the OG shoe.  I still have a pair of the shoes that are unworn and in-hand with which I can make a valid comparison with to these new versions.  And let me tell you, the OG's weren't made with insane unflawed precision.  They have all the noticeable flaws that any shoe that you could buy today will have.  The paint isn't perfect.  There are over-glued spots.  All the crap people are complaining about today was still there in 1991.  All these cats complaining about the Infrared or Varsity Red paint isn't painted with medical precision on the lines.  Are you really serious???!?  Give me a break.  Were the OG's painted perfectly?  They were even sloppier than the 2000 retro's.  But have I cried once on here that these 3rd generation VI's suck in quality?  I'm just thankful we got them.
I have never once complained about the glue stains, or precision of the paint lines, so save that rebuttal for someone that's actually making that argument.  The flaws you're mentioning on the originals are not the ones I clearly referred to in this thread, or the comparison thread.  And I'll take relying on my fond memories of how the originals held up to regularly being used on the basketball court for hours at a time over how good the quality of paint, glue and creases look on a DS pair, or pair that's been worn with some jeans once a month to go patrolling the local mall in.

Is it necessary to stereotype everyone who is under 25 as kids who don't know any better but to like inferior quality?  Why do they all have to fall into that stereotype?  Just because they weren't around for the OG's, we should disqualify them?  C'mon.  Sure, some of them may not have awareness by experience, but don't be stereotyping the younger group as a whole.  I'm sure there are cats who are younger than us who know their %!+.  How old are you anyway?  26?
No, sir.  Right behind you at 34.  And stereotypes exist for a reason.  It's because they're generally true.  Sure, there are always exceptions to every rule, but they are just that; exceptions.  Exceptions don't eradicate the rule.

Anomaly wrote:
...I'd almost rather AJs not be retroed at all, then be taunting us in this manner.  It's like a horrible c0ck tease....
The solution is simple.  Don't buy them.  Don't let the rest of the world be deprived because of your bitterness.  Since you hate your Infrared pack so much, just resell yours.  Is it that hard?  Or give them away to the "kids who don't know any better than to like inferior quality."  I'm sure they will appreciate them since you don't.  You can still make your basketball comeback that you mentioned about in another pair of kicks that don't require such unrealistic rants and raves and a box of Kleenex.

Originally Posted by nykeeboi

That dude mikecabrera is a comedian. "unrealistic rants and raves and a box of Kleenex." ... LOL. Seriously though, sneakers are sneakers. They shouldn't be causing mild depression.

Homeboy can't ball with these? They're hurting his comeback?

People used to ball in Chuck Ts with no support and totally flat sole. Poor kids in the Philippines are playing with Thong slippers... save the sob story... you sound like a little girl.

not trying to start with anyone but that post was ridiculous.
Actually, it's your reply that's ridiculous.  You're arguing against statements I never even made (aka strawman argument), which seems to be a reoccurring theme around here.  Who said anything about "they're hurting my comeback"?  I've been back in the gym for several months now, working on my game.  I said it would be fitting to complete the comeback (when I'm ready for the league) in the shoes that started it all.  No where did I say the comeback is dependent on these shoes in any way, shape or form, or that they're not comfortable enough to ball in.  I'm not too concerned with how well they support.  I'm far more worried about how quickly my $340 purchase (after tax) will fall apart if actually used for playing ball in, which is something 99% of NT has no experience with.

As to not buying JB anymore, outside of picking up some Nubuck XIIs just because I found them for dirt cheap, I hadn't bought a single pair of Air Jordans in nearly 4 years prior to this pack.  And I've mentioned my reasoning for getting this pack several times now.

Originally Posted by flappy188

This
pack delivered big time. I feel sorry for the cats who missed out and
now are all salty trying to diss this pack
eyes.gif
What
exactly did it deliver on?  The current garbage standard of JB quality
that kids under 25 seem to be OK with?  I still haven't worn mine and am
debating getting rid of them, because after trying them on, it fully
sank in just how poorly they measure to the originals.  It shouldn't be
this hard to match up to the originals, if not in materials, then at
LEAST in shape.  After all, this is the same company that designed,
created, tested, perfected and released them originally.  How is it they
can't replicate it?
The huge hater of jb you are being, I find it incrediable funny and assnine how you BOUGHT and own the pack number one, and Have a bright shiny JB logo as your AVATAR number Two, yet sit on this forum and spew B.S. on how much you hate jb and how crappy their shoes are.

you myfriend are a walking contridiction!!!

HI HATER!!! :wavy:

/thread
First of all, if you read my posts in their entirety, you would have seen that I only excused the quality that has prevented me from buying any AJs for nearly the last 4 YEARS (other than a pair of Nubuck XIIs I picked up dirt cheap) because of the heavy sentimental value these specific shoes had to me.  You also would have noticed that despite my heavy bias to them, and as much as I want to ignore the issues I have with them, I can't bring myself to do it, and am heavily contemplating selling them.  Secondly, just because I don't like what JB has become doesn't mean I wasn't a fan of what Air Jordans once were, and can't show it.  That would be like saying someone who hates current Mustangs, but loves the classics, can't go around wearing a shirt with the Mustang logo.  That's just ridiculous.  My appreciation for Jordans stems back for a good 21 years.  This is not something I started doing 5 or 10 years ago in order for my entire opinion of the line to be based on products produced during that time frame.

this is my grail of posts right here!!!!
You my friend, ROCK!

plus these people saying how the Og fit them and how they were so much more comfortable on foot, you guys gotta remember that was 20 years ago, when you were probably wearing kids size 6 and were in 4th grade, Like you knew what Quality even meant, and I'm sure you werent looking for it in a shoe, Maybe a gi joe but not really in shoes. All you did back then was love the shoe cause of Jordan and cause of the popularity of Nike and how it made you a god to have a pair of J's.
Wow, way to make completely random assumptions based on nothing.  For starters, I was almost 16 and a junior in high school when I got the original VIs.  I wore size 10, and currently wear 11.  Other than the first 3 months that I had them, I STRICTLY used them (as well as every Air Jordan thereafter) for the basketball court.  I didn't even wear them TO the gym.  I'd carry them in my duffel bag, and change into them once I got to the gym.  I got well acquainted with how much punishment all the originals I owned could take, but please....don't let me interrupt your assumptions with a dose of truth.

Look, you guys are more than welcome to love the pack.  That's your prerogative.  If you're OK with the current quality being offered by JB, that's fine, and is your business.  All I'm saying is just don't try to pass them off as being better than they are.  Personally, I hold them to a higher standard simply because there's no reason as to why they can't replicate that standard short of greed.

eyes.gif
No, I'm not expecting the situation to be the same.  That's exactly the point.  Too many people think it IS the same, or "pretty damn close".  My point is if they really wanted to do it, they could easily do it.  But they refuse to because they want to cut corners, which is fine and dandy, but people need to stop sugar coating the reality of the situation by making the retros out to be something better than what they are.

I have never once complained about the glue stains, or precision of the paint lines, so save that rebuttal for someone that's actually making that argument.  The flaws you're mentioning on the originals are not the ones I clearly referred to in this thread, or the comparison thread.  And I'll take relying on my fond memories of how the originals held up to regularly being used on the basketball court for hours at a time over how good the quality of paint, glue and creases look on a DS pair, or pair that's been worn with some jeans once a month to go patrolling the local mall in.

Is it necessary to stereotype everyone who is under 25 as kids who don't know any better but to like inferior quality?  Why do they all have to fall into that stereotype?  Just because they weren't around for the OG's, we should disqualify them?  C'mon.  Sure, some of them may not have awareness by experience, but don't be stereotyping the younger group as a whole.  I'm sure there are cats who are younger than us who know their %!+.  How old are you anyway?  26?
No, sir.  Right behind you at 34.  And stereotypes exist for a reason.  It's because they're generally true.  Sure, there are always exceptions to every rule, but they are just that; exceptions.  Exceptions don't eradicate the rule.

Anomaly wrote:
...I'd almost rather AJs not be retroed at all, then be taunting us in this manner.  It's like a horrible c0ck tease....
The solution is simple.  Don't buy them.  Don't let the rest of the world be deprived because of your bitterness.  Since you hate your Infrared pack so much, just resell yours.  Is it that hard?  Or give them away to the "kids who don't know any better than to like inferior quality."  I'm sure they will appreciate them since you don't.  You can still make your basketball comeback that you mentioned about in another pair of kicks that don't require such unrealistic rants and raves and a box of Kleenex.

Originally Posted by nykeeboi

That dude mikecabrera is a comedian. "unrealistic rants and raves and a box of Kleenex." ... LOL. Seriously though, sneakers are sneakers. They shouldn't be causing mild depression.

Homeboy can't ball with these? They're hurting his comeback?

People used to ball in Chuck Ts with no support and totally flat sole. Poor kids in the Philippines are playing with Thong slippers... save the sob story... you sound like a little girl.

not trying to start with anyone but that post was ridiculous.
Actually, it's your reply that's ridiculous.  You're arguing against statements I never even made (aka strawman argument), which seems to be a reoccurring theme around here.  Who said anything about "they're hurting my comeback"?  I've been back in the gym for several months now, working on my game.  I said it would be fitting to complete the comeback (when I'm ready for the league) in the shoes that started it all.  No where did I say the comeback is dependent on these shoes in any way, shape or form, or that they're not comfortable enough to ball in.  I'm not too concerned with how well they support.  I'm far more worried about how quickly my $340 purchase (after tax) will fall apart if actually used for playing ball in, which is something 99% of NT has no experience with.

As to not buying JB anymore, outside of picking up some Nubuck XIIs just because I found them for dirt cheap, I hadn't bought a single pair of Air Jordans in nearly 4 years prior to this pack.  And I've mentioned my reasoning for getting this pack several times now.

This
pack delivered big time. I feel sorry for the cats who missed out and
now are all salty trying to diss this pack
eyes.gif
What
exactly did it deliver on?  The current garbage standard of JB quality
that kids under 25 seem to be OK with?  I still haven't worn mine and am
debating getting rid of them, because after trying them on, it fully
sank in just how poorly they measure to the originals.  It shouldn't be
this hard to match up to the originals, if not in materials, then at
LEAST in shape.  After all, this is the same company that designed,
created, tested, perfected and released them originally.  How is it they
can't replicate it?
The huge hater of jb you are being, I find it incrediable funny and assnine how you BOUGHT and own the pack number one, and Have a bright shiny JB logo as your AVATAR number Two, yet sit on this forum and spew B.S. on how much you hate jb and how crappy their shoes are.

you myfriend are a walking contridiction!!!

HI HATER!!! :wavy:

/thread
First of all, if you read my posts in their entirety, you would have seen that I only excused the quality that has prevented me from buying any AJs for nearly the last 4 YEARS (other than a pair of Nubuck XIIs I picked up dirt cheap) because of the heavy sentimental value these specific shoes had to me.  You also would have noticed that despite my heavy bias to them, and as much as I want to ignore the issues I have with them, I can't bring myself to do it, and am heavily contemplating selling them.  Secondly, just because I don't like what JB has become doesn't mean I wasn't a fan of what Air Jordans once were, and can't show it.  That would be like saying someone who hates current Mustangs, but loves the classics, can't go around wearing a shirt with the Mustang logo.  That's just ridiculous.  My appreciation for Jordans stems back for a good 21 years.  This is not something I started doing 5 or 10 years ago in order for my entire opinion of the line to be based on products produced during that time frame.

this is my grail of posts right here!!!!
You my friend, ROCK!

plus these people saying how the Og fit them and how they were so much more comfortable on foot, you guys gotta remember that was 20 years ago, when you were probably wearing kids size 6 and were in 4th grade, Like you knew what Quality even meant, and I'm sure you werent looking for it in a shoe, Maybe a gi joe but not really in shoes. All you did back then was love the shoe cause of Jordan and cause of the popularity of Nike and how it made you a god to have a pair of J's.
Wow, way to make completely random assumptions based on nothing.  For starters, I was almost 16 and a junior in high school when I got the original VIs.  I wore size 10, and currently wear 11.  Other than the first 3 months that I had them, I STRICTLY used them (as well as every Air Jordan thereafter) for the basketball court.  I didn't even wear them TO the gym.  I'd carry them in my duffel bag, and change into them once I got to the gym.  I got well acquainted with how much punishment all the originals I owned could take, but please....don't let me interrupt your assumptions with a dose of truth.

Look, you guys are more than welcome to love the pack.  That's your prerogative.  If you're OK with the current quality being offered by JB, that's fine, and is your business.  All I'm saying is just don't try to pass them off as being better than they are.  Personally, I hold them to a higher standard simply because there's no reason as to why they can't replicate that standard short of greed.

my dude same goes for u...u make it seem OG's were perfect in n out flawless....dnt up em any higher then they actually are...wat quality issue do u have wit this pack? i mean if u balled in em it wld b better then durabuck. even OG ppl said after a while if u balled in da OG's ur toe cld come right out the material n said it even happend to MJ one or more times. nubuck in all actuality despitee ppls believe is better quality then durabuck...besides durabuck...wats ur complaints? nuthn will b perfect but if u cant cope that these are pretty damn close to OG's n nuthn will ever b OG than...idk
i thnk alotta stuff is hype now INCLUDING nike air, n alotta stuff ppl complain about yet kno nuthing about...i aint aiming that last statement towards u im sayin in general

i dont really know why people still complaining. this pack is golden imo.. looks great, fits great etc.. like "mikecabrera" (and dats comming from someone dat has d og and retro) said, us new generation cant help but appreciate the shoes that we never even get a chance of gettn in d first place. i was only two when d white/infras og dropped. i wish i was older but i wasnt.. and for jb to even think of puttn og colorway (specially the 6) back to life is really nice.. i may not have any ogs in my closet but i damn sure love all my RETROS! i appreciate more than i hate. you people should do the same.

Originally Posted by Trav T

Sour Diesel wrote:

ohwell.gif

I have to agree with him on the point that it is lame for people to say, "These are just a repainted version of Varsity Reds.  I'm cool with my Varsity Red pack.  It's just a slight color difference."  The simple fact is that the people who copped VRs jumped the gun and didn't wanna wait to see if the Infrared pack rumors were true.  Why would you wanna bash the ones who copped the pack and purposely passed on the VRs because we knew the pack was coming?  And how can you bash the Infrared pack when the fact is that you have VIs that are actually farther from being OG?  It's a contradictory statement to say that the pack is not legit when you possess what is more or less imitation Infrareds in the VRs.

all i can say is...
tumblrl3dg522dxp1qz7lxd.gif

at the blindness to the facts. enjoy your pack as i have not bashed anyone that copped it. its your money. i just am amused at the ignorance that goes on and can see nike smacking fools for even more loot by doing the same exact thing in the future.

Chill with all of the super "QUOTE" replies. It's not that serious, it's a lot of wasted energy and nobody really cares to read all of that. I'm sayin'...
pimp.gif

dam didnt know shoes had this kinda power over ppl
i personally tought it was a cool realease but did we really
need a suede infrared 6 when one just came out that was my reason for not buying it i just tought
it was ******ed but everyone chill its just shoes

my dude same goes for u...u make it seem OG's were perfect in n out flawless....dnt up em any higher then they actually are...wat quality issue do u have wit this pack? i mean if u balled in em it wld b better then durabuck. even OG ppl said after a while if u balled in da OG's ur toe cld come right out the material n said it even happend to MJ one or more times. nubuck in all actuality despitee ppls believe is better quality then durabuck...besides durabuck...wats ur complaints? nuthn will b perfect but if u cant cope that these are pretty damn close to OG's n nuthn will ever b OG than...idk
i thnk alotta stuff is hype now INCLUDING nike air, n alotta stuff ppl complain about yet kno nuthing about...i aint aiming that last statement towards u im sayin in general

I'm not making the originals out to be flawless at all.  Like I said in my last reply, I've never brought up the paint and glue issues on retros because I do remember that originals had some of the same problems in those respects.  I guess to me it's a matter of leaving Tinker's designs alone, and recreating them the way they were meant to be.  The man was a true artist, and he had a very specific vision in mind when he created the designs for the originals.  To mess that up even with just little details being wrong throws it off for me.  For example, the lack of the different material/finish on the back 1/3 of the shoe, the lack of 3M under the perforations, the way the retros curl up at a higher angle at the front, the shorter/smaller (height-wise) toe box, the tongue, while closer than the '00 retros, is still shorter, etc.  And while I know this isn't true for others, for me, the Nike AIR thing is not a matter of staying true to the originals.  It's just that the tiny Jumpman logo looks small, silly and out of place on shoes originally designed to have a space big enough for a giant Nike AIR logo on them.

As to that putting your toe through the Durabuck material, that is absolutely silly.  I went through 2 pairs of original black/infrareds over the course of 2 years, including using them on the black top once the tread got too worn out for indoor use, and never, ever had such an issue (not even after they got scuffed up/wore thin from people stepping on my feet), nor did anyone I knew (and believe me, everyone had to have these back in the day).  It also never happened to MJ.  I do still clearly remember him PURPOSELY slicing one of his shoes open in a Finals game against the Lakers due to a toe injury from the game before (found the video, link below).  He didn't want the pressure of the shoe on the injured toe.  However, after a few minutes of playing that way, he switched to a regular shoe because the one that was split open wasn't giving him enough support.  Come on, think about it.  Even if it were possible to eventually wear through the leather in the toe box, MJ wore a brand new pair of shoes for EVER GAME.  Unless you're saying they'd split open the first time you wore them, it's silly to say MJ had it happen to him.  BTW, there's a great close up at the 2:12 mark of the VIs when they're showing how he cut the shoe open (I always loved how they'd find ways to work in his shoe for free advertising during games, or practice, etc).

Originally Posted by Trav T

Sour Diesel wrote:

ohwell.gif

all i can say is...
tumblrl3dg522dxp1qz7lxd.gif

at the blindness to the facts. enjoy your pack as i have not bashed anyone that copped it. its your money. i just am amused at the ignorance that goes on and can see nike smacking fools for even more loot by doing the same exact thing in the future.

Blindless to what facts?  Use textual evidence, sir.

was in NYC today and went to at least 7 or 8 retail spots and a couple mom and pop type places and saw no infrared packs, not even the small sizes

^^^Yeah, these were definitely not an easy cop in some areas. Niketown SF had less packs than the Bin 23 IXs.

Back
Top Bottom