Akron disowned Lebron today..

I'm not really a fan of Ohio, not really a fan of other states either for the matter... but considering some states out there, the Dakotas, Montana, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Kansas, New Mexico, Idaho, etc.... Ohio isn't that bad. They have major sports teams, some attractions, and so on, so people do rag on it a lot... but most of the annoyance on here comes mainly from Cavs fans who have talked reckless for the past few years, about their city, state, and Lebron and how he'd never turn his back on Akron and his home... except he did, so people are anxious to point out the hypocrisy in a lot of fans.

The owner let him get away with murder, then he acts like a martyr and a victim of LBJ. He was warned not to let Lebron's boys be a part of the organization, fly on team planes, and let them be kids with free reign, but Gilbert did it anyway. The fans worshiped the ground he walked on for 7 years, but when he decided to leave he's suddenly an evil monster, so how much did you really care about the man? or did you just love the attention and money he brought in. It's unfortunate that Cleveland will be negatively affected financially from this move, but they're also lucky that Lebron was born in Ohio and not Florida or Kentucky or California... and that for years, one man alone brought in millions and millions of extra money to that area as well as ALWAYS bringing up Akron and trying to big up his hometown.

Like I said, he could have handled it better, he could have given a longer commitment back when he signed his extension, he could have done a few things better... but let's not pretend the Cavs are the sad victims, they could have brought in a better coach, they could have brought in a legit number 2, they could have made better moves as well. Blame him for some things, but don't blame him for not being Jesus Christ and the Savior of Ohio... that's not his job, his job is to play basketball. For the record, I'm speaking more about him and Akron/Cleveland, not his legacy or him as a player.

I'm not really a fan of Ohio, not really a fan of other states either for the matter... but considering some states out there, the Dakotas, Montana, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Kansas, New Mexico, Idaho, etc.... Ohio isn't that bad. They have major sports teams, some attractions, and so on, so people do rag on it a lot... but most of the annoyance on here comes mainly from Cavs fans who have talked reckless for the past few years, about their city, state, and Lebron and how he'd never turn his back on Akron and his home... except he did, so people are anxious to point out the hypocrisy in a lot of fans.

The owner let him get away with murder, then he acts like a martyr and a victim of LBJ. He was warned not to let Lebron's boys be a part of the organization, fly on team planes, and let them be kids with free reign, but Gilbert did it anyway. The fans worshiped the ground he walked on for 7 years, but when he decided to leave he's suddenly an evil monster, so how much did you really care about the man? or did you just love the attention and money he brought in. It's unfortunate that Cleveland will be negatively affected financially from this move, but they're also lucky that Lebron was born in Ohio and not Florida or Kentucky or California... and that for years, one man alone brought in millions and millions of extra money to that area as well as ALWAYS bringing up Akron and trying to big up his hometown.

Like I said, he could have handled it better, he could have given a longer commitment back when he signed his extension, he could have done a few things better... but let's not pretend the Cavs are the sad victims, they could have brought in a better coach, they could have brought in a legit number 2, they could have made better moves as well. Blame him for some things, but don't blame him for not being Jesus Christ and the Savior of Ohio... that's not his job, his job is to play basketball. For the record, I'm speaking more about him and Akron/Cleveland, not his legacy or him as a player.

I've always found it funny how some rate states based on their sports teams. I guess it's a substitute for actually having been to the the state(s) in question.

I've always found it funny how some rate states based on their sports teams. I guess it's a substitute for actually having been to the the state(s) in question.

i visited cincinatti for a week to interview for proctor and gamble and all i have to say is, if that's one of the 'better' cities of Ohio, i shudder to think what the rest of the state is like

i visited cincinatti for a week to interview for proctor and gamble and all i have to say is, if that's one of the 'better' cities of Ohio, i shudder to think what the rest of the state is like

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I'd be pissed too if I was Byron Scott, Gilbert and the rest of Ohio and was told @ 9:01 Thursday night by representatives of LeBron that he was leaving Cleveland.

What about the countless number of players over the history of sports who are told @ 2:15 in the morning that they are being traded across the country? I swear you people only look at one side of the coin. The dog has been biting people for years and you guys are shocked when a human bites a dog for once.

QFT but he still royally screwed that team for a while draft picks or not cuz the picks they will get wont be worth beans cuz mia will be in the playoffs every yr which will give them horrible picks 1st & 2nd round or not.......

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I'd be pissed too if I was Byron Scott, Gilbert and the rest of Ohio and was told @ 9:01 Thursday night by representatives of LeBron that he was leaving Cleveland.

What about the countless number of players over the history of sports who are told @ 2:15 in the morning that they are being traded across the country? I swear you people only look at one side of the coin. The dog has been biting people for years and you guys are shocked when a human bites a dog for once.

QFT but he still royally screwed that team for a while draft picks or not cuz the picks they will get wont be worth beans cuz mia will be in the playoffs every yr which will give them horrible picks 1st & 2nd round or not.......

on one side they are overreacting, but he grew up there & lived there & knows the struggle personally. So for him to give up on his hometown; & let's be serious no matter how ugly, fat, drunk, stupid your mom might be 'she's still mom'. YOU never EVER EVER give up on her at least to go to live somewhere else with your friends. When all you could've done is work hard at home or go to AT LEAST another team that doesn't have 2 All Stars already...

I'm from NY & he could've gone to Chicago & its still more respectable then for the n' just go chase a dynasty.

Nowadays morals are all %+%@!! up.

Jordan rather retire than go join let's say the Knicks after the 98' season just because Ewing & Pippen "agreed" it'd be a great chance for "that ring"..

on one side they are overreacting, but he grew up there & lived there & knows the struggle personally. So for him to give up on his hometown; & let's be serious no matter how ugly, fat, drunk, stupid your mom might be 'she's still mom'. YOU never EVER EVER give up on her at least to go to live somewhere else with your friends. When all you could've done is work hard at home or go to AT LEAST another team that doesn't have 2 All Stars already...

I'm from NY & he could've gone to Chicago & its still more respectable then for the n' just go chase a dynasty.

Nowadays morals are all %+%@!! up.

Jordan rather retire than go join let's say the Knicks after the 98' season just because Ewing & Pippen "agreed" it'd be a great chance for "that ring"..

Jordan played with Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Horace Grant while being coached by Phil Jackson though, not Antawn Jamison, Jermario Moon, and Shaquille O'Neal's corpse while being "coached" by Mike Brown though[ hardly a fair comparison. It's not like he was carrying a bunch of bums the same way LeBron has been.

And Ohio's overall suckiness is not his fault and something that should make him feel indebted to them to "rescue" them at his own expense, of having a long career there and not winning a ring.

Yall are expecting way too much from a guy who is a professional basketball player.

Jordan played with Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Horace Grant while being coached by Phil Jackson though, not Antawn Jamison, Jermario Moon, and Shaquille O'Neal's corpse while being "coached" by Mike Brown though[ hardly a fair comparison. It's not like he was carrying a bunch of bums the same way LeBron has been.

And Ohio's overall suckiness is not his fault and something that should make him feel indebted to them to "rescue" them at his own expense, of having a long career there and not winning a ring.

Yall are expecting way too much from a guy who is a professional basketball player.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Home of the Ohio State Buckeyes, 2002 *cough*
laugh.gif

I wasn't comparing the teams I was just saying that since it was obvious that a reason that Jordan retired early (not trying to thread hijack) was due to Bulls management.

& now with the way the game is & how ball players are showing "loyalty" do you really expect to see Jordan to dip.. No.. he retired because you know there' was crazy teams lining up to sign dude if he even hinted he was looking forward to "what free agency" has to offer.

I wasn't comparing the teams I was just saying that since it was obvious that a reason that Jordan retired early (not trying to thread hijack) was due to Bulls management.

& now with the way the game is & how ball players are showing "loyalty" do you really expect to see Jordan to dip.. No.. he retired because you know there' was crazy teams lining up to sign dude if he even hinted he was looking forward to "what free agency" has to offer.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

He retired as a champion with 6 rings and was 35 yrs old.  Why leave a championship team, no, a dynasty, to help some other franchise get one? 

Back
Top Bottom