Alimony and Child Support... NT laymen's terms please.

can someone give me the rundown on child support and alimony ?

what are the percentages of your check that's taken out?

i understand child support, but i dont know the amount that's the base...

also, how in the hell can alimony be legal? like, i just pay you b/c i make more than you?

if there's a man making 150k, and a woman making 30k, w/ no kids... where does alimony fit into the picture?

EDIT: also, does anyone know any body, male or female , that receives alimony? how do they feel about it?

Last edited:
Pretty much all family laws are outdated.

Then women wonder why men don't want to get married or have kids

its things like that make me scared to get married. also how laws are OVERWHELMINGLY biased towards women in these situations.

this was posted on NT a while back...guy gets divorced and gets locked up b/c ex wife wants more alimony and child support and he cant pay...hes a tax lawyer so he probably made decent money too.
sick.gif
mean.gif

[h1]An Exercise in Inherent Female Greed via Briffault's law and Feminism [/h1]

Last edited:
The laws are way more convoluted than many people realize. You can actually be forced to pay child support for a child that isn't biologically yours. There's a story about a man in Canada that was married with 4 kids and after 16 years his wife divorced him. After he started paying support he decided to get paternity tests done on them. He found out only his youngest child was actually his. The court ordered him to continue paying for all of them. Before someone says that only happens in Canada, there are plenty of cases on file in the US.

The laws are way more convoluted than many people realize. You can actually be forced to pay child support for a child that isn't biologically yours. There's a story about a man in Canada that was married with 4 kids and after 16 years his wife divorced him. After he started paying support he decided to get paternity tests done on them. He found out only his youngest child was actually his. The court ordered him to continue paying for all of them. Before someone says that only happens in Canada, there are plenty of cases on file in the US.

I know the exact story you're talking about. ****'s disgusting. There's another story about a guy who had to move to the phillipines to avoid having to pay both alimony and child support. Here's the story if anyone wants to read it:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ppines_leaving_four_kids_without_support.html

Family court and law favor the women so much, it's ridiculous.

View media item 262186

I know the exact story you're talking about. ****'s disgusting. There's another story about a guy who had to move to the phillipines to avoid having to pay both alimony and child support. Here's the story if anyone wants to read it:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ppines_leaving_four_kids_without_support.html

Family court and law favor the women so much, it's ridiculous.
i read that article thinking "damb... ol' buddy was kinda weak for dipping"

99% of the article scrutinizes the guy, they GLOSSED OVER the fact that he gave her a lakefront mansion w/ an apartment attached that had consistent revenue of 2k a month PLUS child support...

she cant work?

like... :lol: how is this eem real life?

the only ones that should be relevant are the little boy and girl. i understand the little girl having symptoms of down syndrome, and the boy getting over cancer...

they throw in the 17 year old is "depressed" and the 19 year old is a drug addict... like, come on, yo... you just pouring salt on it...

Alimony should be abolished.
Definitely should. Alimony is admission by the court that a woman is incapable of providing for herself without a man present in her life. This would have been true up until the 60s, but that's no longer the case.

As far as guys getting hit with child support for children that are not theirs, it happens all the time. Judges see that once a man has made himself the paternal figure, those are his children biological or not. All these dudes on NT that date women with children and play the father role need to consider this happening should the relationship go south. I'm also a big proponent of doing a DNA test upon birth. I understand how controversial it can be, but its better than being responsible for 18 plus college with a child that is not yours. Also, once that name is on the birth certificate, you are the father even if its proven to not be yours.

That YouTube video was posted a few months ago, great video. He has an entire channel devoted to the emasculation of men by "feminists".

Last edited:
I plan on getting any potential child of mine paternity tested. I'm not going to play the fool just to appease the woman I'm with. Paternity fraud is a real issue in this day and age that many people don't want to acknowledge.

Definitely should. Alimony is admission by the court that a woman is incapable of providing for herself without a man present in her life. This would have been true up until the 60s, but that's no longer the case.

Women still do take the greater financial hit to their career development and earnings potential when having a child. Having a child is a decision that is made by two people and the woman sacrificing more profoundly in the professional realm is a part of the implicit bargain of having a child. This is true regardless of whether a woman stays home to raise the child or whether the woman works. Study after study on these types of issues prove this to be case.

If the woman is raising the child at home, she is sacrificing her career advancement in order to raise the child. This means, not only does the man not have to sacrifice his capacity to earn - or his ability to continue to grow his capacity to earn, through promotions, etc. - but the family (half the man's responsibility) does not have to pay third party childcare expenses. The idea behind alimony is that the person taking care of the child enabled the other half to have opportunities to earn income, and increase income that would not have been possible without the actions of the spouse - and that person did that at the expense of their own career. Thus, in the event of a separation, that person should be compensated for that.

Whether the amount of alimony is appropriate in any given case is a matter of debate. One could also plausibly argue that once each partner reaches a certain income level, the protections afforded by alimony are unnecessary. ...The more successful you are, the less a child actually impacts your ability to earn.

But, we are certainly not at the point in which the entire concept is antiquated. And, if your wife is a successful as you are - there isn't much to worry about.

...There are lots of men getting alimony out the too, ya know.

Women still do take the greater financial hit to their career development and earnings potential when having a child. Having a child is a decision that is made by two people and the woman sacrificing more profoundly in the professional realm is a part of the implicit bargain of having a child. This is true regardless of whether a woman stays home to raise the child or whether the woman works. Study after study on these types of issues prove this to be case.

If the woman is raising the child at home, she is sacrificing her career advancement in order to raise the child. This means, not only does the man not have to sacrifice his capacity to earn - or his ability to continue to grow his capacity to earn, through promotions, etc. - but the family (half the man's responsibility) does not have to pay third party childcare expenses. The idea behind alimony is that the person taking care of the child enabled the other half to have opportunities to earn income, and increase income that would not have been possible without the actions of the spouse - and that person did that at the expense of their own career. Thus, in the event of a separation, that person should be compensated for that.

Whether the amount of alimony is appropriate in any given case is a matter of debate. One could also plausibly argue that once each partner reaches a certain income level, the protections afforded by alimony are unnecessary. ...The more successful you are, the less a child actually impacts your ability to earn.

But, we are certainly not at the point in which the entire concept is antiquated. And, if your wife is a successful as you are - there isn't much to worry about.

No there aren't. There are men receiving it, but not at the percentages that women do. Its far less.

Sugar Shane Mosley's alimony has a portion that goes towards jewelry for his ex-wife. I mean seriously? That's why he's over 40 and still fighting. :smh:

Yes women make sacrifices to raise kids at home but let's be honest. Dudes is the ones who have it hard. Supporting the family making the money vs home taking care of a child

Then they divorce and the women needs alimony and all that stuff. It should be like 6 months so she can get a damb job

Like nas and kelis divorced. Why is this N paying 50 Gs every month?! This ***** has a singing career she has money

Don't even get me started on splitting up assets. Ish is crazy out here bros. I'm not marrying til I'm late in my thirties. Enjoy the life for a few years then have a kid. And it's gonna be wit a chick I've been with for a minute that holds me down

All that stuff is just scary

:rofl: :rofl:

Women sacrifice their body to have children. But it's all downhill for women after 30 anyway except for rare exceptions like Jennifer Lopez.

Back
Top Bottom