All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Hadn't had a fail in a while, but...

I fell asleep at 11:30 p.m.
laugh.gif

most definitely appreciated, MethodMan. it's always a pleasure knowing we got guys like you behind the scenes here on NT, and i truly appreciate everything you guys do.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'll be buying my 7 3/4 whenever it's readily available, and i'm in no rush.
happy.gif

...but i'm really starting to get mad at the fact that some people on this board STILL insisted on attempting at buying more than one hat even though several warnings and pleads were given. like, c'mon. you guys really disgust me, and i truly hope your order gets cancelled so someone else can enjoy their one hat.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

of course i'm mad.

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i tried on da fitted folks, they run big...i ordered a 7 7/8
so that advice accordingly.....

method man thank you once again for making a NT fitted...we gonna rep for all 100%

WHOA. how did you get to try them on tho?

A lil sneak peak @ da #NT fitted that goes on sale tonight...(no I have one yet lol) http://t.co/7vZIFlR about 11 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Ninjahood

P-hizzo

hud-img-arrow.png
Rotate photo   
hud-img-plus.png
View full size
239798058.jpg

^

Damn, something told me these would fit bigger than normal, knew i shoulda went with the 5/8 instead of 3/4.
o well, throw some tissue in the brim to fill space lol

I got a size 7 5/8

But... my cousin also needed a size 7 5/8 , he wasn't able to get one. His sn is big shake

Cmon... yall couldnt have expected more..... 14d hats advertised to 70000+ $!$%%@....
laugh.gif
Talking about they didnt know what to expect....
laugh.gif
.... right....

didn't get my 75/8 ... i was in line for royal foams... sucks these released same night... oh well... if there's another run i'm all over it...

Next time Meth please dont release a fitted on a big release night.Im mad salty i didnt copp this fitted 
mad.gif

in all honestly, i think ecapcity screwed us over on this release, no offense to them or moderators, but them advertising on their blog, and facebook? the traffic was bound to happen.

methodman, seriously, thank you. a lot of us members have been behind this idea for a long time , and to see this come to life, is great.

secondly, i was concerned with the desgin of the hat being stolen.... is the NT logo trademarked?
what im afraid will happen is any other hat site, will rip off the logo, and make its own version, and the proceeds dont benefit any charity, or niketalk members.

lastly,
red brim =]

goodnight, NT

Originally Posted by jadams003

7 1/4 pleeeeaaasssseee!!!! had it in my cart all the way to checkout then: OUT OF STOCK

Basically and diplomat t dot is right I'm more upset at ecc if anybody but with only 144 hats you would guess something like this was bound to happen. I betcha of this wasn't limited or nobody knew the numbers actually made it would not have been sold out like that. Maybe I'm wrong but just my guess bit I know meth and whoever else have to get their money back and the charity stuff also.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

im really hurt i didnt get this with all the talk from the mods talking about this was gonna be fair and extra precautions being taken so everyone would get a chance. i feel like i was being punked/ betrayed. so now i wait right?

wouldnt a 2nd run be faster to occur with the patch because they were already made ?
How were you punked/betrayed? just looking at ECC's website and knowing how many people were after the hat most should've known there was a high risk of it crashing or going slow. Meth jumped in right away informing those who missed out to hit him up, with Rajah following up that orders will be cancelled. They're helping and informing us there's still a chance, for the most part through my eyes the setup and organization was done just fine.

If anything, the comments should be forwarded to whoever handles ECC's webstore.

- Don't accept Paypal.
- Listed the hat all the way at the bottom, when their new releases are always posted at the top.
- Site crashing and buyers losing out when they tried to checkout, forwarding them back to their basket.

im not talking about Meth he's been great with answering my questions i have nothing but respect but im talking about ECC they screwed it all up with their crappy checkout system and failure to handle a big launch like this was

Your right METHOD MAN!!! You and RAJAH put in major time, We appreciate that. And in the end, just with offering a hand to those that got the BS end of it means a lot man.

I really appreciate the fact you guys are trying to help.

Im proud we finally seen this come to life. Its an epic stone in the NT community.

NINJA, thanks for help on sizing. Glad to know they run big. Now I know what size I need to try and hunt down for sure.

Waits for hat to go to sale for 300% more than retail

They ran out of my size quick, rep them proud to those who got the hats

OK, so i had to call up ecapcity a min ago they said my order was in process and its getting shipped today hopefully i get when i come back from work
pimp.gif

surprisingly ecapcity is hella close to me, its right here in jersey
laugh.gif

For all those expressing discontent towards this experience and Cap City's handling of the release I understand where you're coming from, but it was me who told Cap City they could post it on their blog and promote it how they see fit.  Trust me, our intentions were not to screw any members over.  We wanted to give the community what they've been wanting for years without overextending ourselves in the process.  

Without Cap City, none of this happens.  Who do you think fronted the money for production?  Who essentially took all the risk and used part of their order allocation on us?  Cap City did.  Yes, I know how frustrating the ordering experience was for some of you.  I can empathize  having gone through midnight online releases in the past and coming up short.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, I think CC's website performed well considering the situation.  You have to remember that they've never experienced anything like this.  While their site slowed to crawl, it did manage to stay up during the bombardment of hits and in the end, it got the job done so I applaud them.

For those saying, why only 144, why didn't we make more, etc.. We decided on that number to play it safe.  We had no guarantees that this hat would do as well as it did.  Even with the week leading up to the release, I didn't think interest would be as high as it was considering how many of you were complaining about the size of the patch.   It wasn't our money we were gambling with.  While I was confident we would sell out, there was just no way I could guarantee that they would based on past NT releases.  We learned from this experience, and we'll be using this initial release to gauge future orders and we'll be looking at traffic numbers to see what the interest was really like.  I do know, that the numbers exceeded expectations.

As far as releasing the same night as the foams, again, my fault.  I stopped keeping up with release dates and didn't know about them until someone mentioned it in this thread.  I missed out on those.  Misery loves company right?

In regards to having the community input in the next design, they're pretty much done, but we will take it into consideration.  But think of this situation, 60,000 chefs in the kitchen doesn't sound like the greatest of ideas.

Someone mentioned trademark issues, CC was kind enough to trademark our logos for us so we don't have to worry about anyone else releasing NT fitteds.

I think I've addressed most of your concerns, I don't really know what else to say.  I apologize again to all those that didn't get a hat, but I guarantee that their will be other opportunities for all of you to own an NT fitted in the near future.

<>

Back
Top Bottom