All Eyez On Me teaser - RIP 2pac Vol. Goddamn it's been 20 years already?!?!

Are yall gonna watch it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Incorrect?

Lol I'm not debating how people perceived Pac when he was alive or when he died. The hell are you even talking about man that wasn't the point of this :lol:

I'm going to make this clear: If you believe that a young black man can advocate the killing of other young black males for the sake of gangbanging and still be called an activist / revolutionary then more power to you.

we all have our own opinions but its a VERY small few who think Pac isnt a activist or revolutionary figured to our culture and youth

Last edited:
we all have our own opinions but its a VERY small few who think Pac isnt a activist or revolutionary figured to our culture and youth
I'd argue that that's a product of his dramatized image at this point, personally because, what exactly did he 'revolutionize'?

Movie suffers from cramming too much in one film. Pretty much jumping from major event to major event, and due to that, the movie lacked depth although the second and third act was better. I was born in 92 and I knew about pretty much everything except the Death Row East stuff.

Last edited:
Movie suffers from cramming too much in one film. Pretty much jumping from major event to major event, and due to that, the movie lacked depth although the second and third act was better. I was born in 92 and I knew about pretty much everything except the Death Row East stuff.

my thoughts exactly

way too much jumping

you could never get attached

and they never gave you any gems besides the snoop part

I know he wasn't squeaky clean I genuinely don't hold any of his transgressions against him. I'm 24. He died at 25. Young people ****. Part of growing up.

The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to pac, is when they take his life and career and make it more than entertainment. He himself didn't revolutionize much of anything man. He was literally pressing fools and claiming Mob Piru and lost lives (including his) over it. That counts for way more than anything Activist / Revolutionary related when it comes to 2Pac.

So I just try and keep it into perspective because when you make him more than a legendary, transcendent rapper, you have to include these transgressions that ultimately don't add up to this revolutionary figure at all.

ALL FACTS
I'm 32 my older brother worked in music store when he was in high school from 94-96' he graduated in 96' when PAC got killed so I remember PAC well when he was alive because all his music came through my crib...I can remember people just thinking dude was crazy & out of control...Every time you turn on BET or MTV back then it was like PAC getting into some type of trouble dude always felt like he had something to prove he couldn't walk away that was his main problem why he stay in drama....PAC became this THUG ANGEL figure when he died because people felt like SUGE set him up so he was for many years portrayed as either a victim of SUGE or the GOVERNMENT setting him up because most of the players involved with that situation didn't want to cooperate because they were real gangsta that wasn't talking to police...People from South Central knew the story from the beginning their was a mini gang war that broke out after 2PAC got killed in south central...PAC got himself into something he didn't really know about & he had no power in...The only reason SUGE can take part of the blame because he shouldn't have had PAC running with the MOB & he's out on bail trying to get a appeal for the rape case.... From all accounts PAC got killed because he ran up on BABY LANE a guy who police say had 3 bodies under his belt by the age of 23 you run up on a gang member & the react like gangsters do with hot bullets....That type of thing had been going on since the 90's dude's can't take a *** whipping but it wasn't PAC'S position to do that he should have let BUNTRY, HERON or TRAVON LANE(The guy who chain got snatched by Baby Lane) handle that....PAC was a great rapper we could have seen him become that artist that we all imagined he could be...Imagine PAC & DMX on a track in 98'or 99' or just hearing the ONE NATION ALBUM was a track with him & NAS...PAC'S one of my favorite rappers of all time definitely on my top 3....

Last edited:
we all got opinions majority think other wise and think he is a revolutionary/activist for the youth and our culture

back to the movie tho...

im watching reviews and it seems the consensus is they hate the jumping around

we all got opinions majority think other wise and think he is a revolutionary/activist for the youth and our culture

back to the movie tho...

im watching reviews and it seems the consensus is they hate the jumping around

Pretty much. It was worse in the first act. Within the first 5 minutes, they jumped years like 3 or 4 times

Last edited:
I know he wasn't squeaky clean I genuinely don't hold any of his transgressions against him. I'm 24. He died at 25. Young people ****. Part of growing up.

The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to pac, is when they take his life and career and make it more than entertainment. He himself didn't revolutionize much of anything man. He was literally pressing fools and claiming Mob Piru and lost lives (including his) over it. That counts for way more than anything Activist / Revolutionary related when it comes to 2Pac.

So I just try and keep it into perspective because when you make him more than a legendary, transcendent rapper, you have to include these transgressions that ultimately don't add up to this revolutionary figure at all.

How are you gonna tell others how people felt about dude?

Some felt he was hot headed, others feel like he could've been revolutionary. Simple as that.

but he was that

the dude was the son of a well known black panther

his mom, dad, and Aunt all were on the FBI list at some point for their involvement of these type things

it was in his DNA

was he a Dr. King or X? No

but he was the YOUTHS version of them

he had his flaws but he was the voice for the younger generation

he was in his early 20s having rallies and stuff

who today in our culture that has that platform is doing that?

people like him come around once in a lifeitme

Chance the Rapper

Pretty much. It was worse in the first act. Within the first 5 minutes, they jumped years like 3 or 4 times

they jumped around wayyyy more then that

the first act they jumped like 5 times

before his birth

him at Christmas

him in high school

him in oakland

him with DU

thats 5 skips I can think of off the top of my head

Some felt he was hot headed, others feel like he could've been revolutionary. Simple as that.
Huh? In literally the exact thing you quoted from me I said
The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to pac, is when they take his life and career and make it more than entertainment.
 So I just try and keep it into perspective
I = Me? My opinion? I never once said that my sentiment(s) was the prevailing one regarding Pac. It is my opinion that Pac's reputation has been dramatized and that's what made him this 'activist' and 'revolutionary' and I know that there's a ton of people who believe that he was, so I would never claim that i'm telling people how to feel about Pac.

I = Me lol

Huh? In literally the exact thing you quoted from me I said

I = Me? My opinion? I never once said that my sentiment(s) was the prevailing one regarding Pac. It is my opinion that Pac's reputation has been dramatized and that's what made him this 'activist' and 'revolutionary' and I know that there's a ton of people who believe that he was, so I would never claim that i'm telling people how to feel about Pac.

I = Me lol

The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to pac, is when they take his life and career and make it more than entertainment. He himself didn't revolutionize much of anything man
. He was literally pressing fools and claiming Mob Piru and lost lives (including his) over it. That counts for way more than anything Activist / Revolutionary related when it comes to 2Pac.

Dudes swear their opinions are facts or that's how other people should feel. :lol:

That's like me telling a old head Marvin Gaye's What's Going On was just a album nothing more and ignoring what that album meant to a generation of people.

no on the faith question

yes on the ms Jones question

Damn, I'm Seeing nothing but negative reviews on this online and from the few ppl I know who went early to see it.

It's not a secret that Pac contradicted himself a lot, but we all do, that's what humanized him to me. nobody's perfect G, and he didn't pretend to be. in his music and in his interviews he often discussed his own contradictions because at the end of the day he really was just 20 something year old trying to figure out who he truly was.

No telling what Pac could have been on if he lived, but all these interviews with the Outlawz, Duck Down etc let me inside he was bout to make that change to being all the way righteous.

I see Pac as revolutionary and ratchet lol. And I'm not trying to blame the media because Pac was indeed wildin, Pac was like 10 when i died but i never remember the media talking about all the good he was trying to accomplish. It took years after his death and info from others and leaked phone conversations to see that he was on a mission...sad his life got cut short on some dumb ****, before he could get it off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom