ALL THINGS PHILLY___ & SURROUNDING AREAS (South Jersey/Delaware)

^^4 - ill be in Philly in a couple weeks for work, any food/shop/off the wall stuff to check out? Already going to check out a Phillis game if they are home while I am there

Originally Posted by BIOKICKZ

What's good everyone? I'm from Norcal but I'm going to be in Dover, Delaware for work over the next week or two. I have no clue about the shops and whatnot on the eastcoast. Any spots in particular you guys would recommend/not recommend me checking out? Thanks in advance.
Pretty sick set of re-releases for the May 18th grand opening
http://www.ruvilla.com/main/promotions/dover-r-u-villa/

Dover Mall is ghetto as hell. Id be aware if i were you waiting in line for those releases, could get ugly with those re releases.  I hate Dover.

Not worth it for me for a 3 hour round trip drive in the middle of the night to potentially get a pair of red Foams. Nothing else I really want/need from that re-release.

Comin up to philly next week from Louisville ky for the roots picnic up at penns landing. Any places or spots y'all recommend while I'm there?

Originally Posted by Sos soldier

Comin up to philly next week from Louisville ky for the roots picnic up at penns landing. Any places or spots y'all recommend while I'm there?

If you're looking for an amazing brunch spot either morning before the show, I strongly suggest North Third (my personal fav restaurant/bar).  Corner of 3rd and Brown right up the street from Penn's Landing.
There's also a ton of restaurants and bars along 2nd St between Spring Garden and Girard.

Anyone get in on the Yeezy scavenger hunt from Villa? I was lucky enough to get in but I have no idea what to expect.

Good luck to you guys as well. I can't wait to get the details tonight. I'll have my NT hat on if you happen to see me.

Yo 4wrestling did you get that email?? I will be attending also and uhh...it's going to be interesting to say the least lol.

Originally Posted by L Rocks Well

Yo 4wrestling did you get that email?? I will be attending also and uhh...it's going to be interesting to say the least lol.

Yup, got the email earlier today.  Still not many details.  I have no idea what to expect.  I'm wondering if it will be better getting around on foot or by car.
And I wish we knew how many pairs they actually have.  My guess is 24 but who knows.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Yup, got the email earlier today.  Still not many details.  I have no idea what to expect.  I'm wondering if it will be better getting around on foot or by car.
And I wish we knew how many pairs they actually have.  My guess is 24 but who knows.

Right....It's kinda making me not want to go. We have to go through A LOT for maybe 24 pairs lol. I really wish they would tell us how many they had. I'm not trying to spend all day in Philly runnin around playing a game and come up empty handed. Smh. It's already bad for me because I have been to Philly once or twice and I don't really know my way around. The Philly natives have a huge advantage. Speaking of which....Competitors can team up, hey man size do you wear?? lol

Originally Posted by BryonRussellHustle

What was the Yeezy movement in Philly like? I was able to cop online while watching the Paquiao debacle.

I may be biased because I won a pair through the Villa scavenger hunt, but I thought it was organized very well (after they got the details straightened out).
The opened the online registration via EventBrite on Monday for the first 150 people.  The scavenger hunt was on Thursday, starting at 4am on the Art Museum Steps.  We got there, checked in, got Villa Yeezy 2 shirts, and they went over the rules.  You were given 4-5 riddle clues at a time.  You had to solve the riddle to get to a location in the city.  Once you got to the spot, you had to take your picture in front of the landmark with your Villa sign to prove you were there.  After you got your 4-5 pictures, you had to solve a riddle to get to the next checkpoint.  There you checked in where they would check to make sure your pictures were correct and then they gave you the next set of clues.  There were four checkpoints throughout the day.

There were 18 pairs of Yeezy's available (sold for retail).  They initially said that the 17 people with the shortest overall scavenger hunt time for all of the checkpoints would win the shoes.  However, this didn't work because there were always lines of people at each checkpoint, and it was impossible to know exactly when people got there (got really bad at the 2nd checkpoint).  So it was changed to the first 17 people to arrive at the final checkpoint would win the shoes.  The 18th pair would be raffled off to all of those who completed the scavenger hunt but didn't finish in the top 17.

The clues got harder as the day went on, specifically with the final checkpoint which had some really tough clues.  At the final checkpoint, they had vans to take the winners to Villa on Broad.  They had the store shutdown just for us.  DJ Clark Kent performed and they had food and drinks for everyone.  I think people would have been into it more if we weren't all exhausted from running around Philly for 16 straight hours, but it was still really cool.  Everyone who didn't win was given a $50 Villa giftcard which I also thought was really cool of them.  Then they called out the winners and we got to pick up our shoes.

Overall, I thought Villa did a great job with this.  I'll never spend days camping out for shoes, so this was the ideal option for me.  One day of work put in and I was lucky enough to win.  I was worried a little about security before the hunt started, but Villa hired two armed guards to work the entire hunt, and had extra security at the store when we got our shoes.  They really put a lot of their own money into this so I appreciate that.

I started the day working alone but met up with a dude halfway through (my man Octaveous on the bike) and we worked together from there on out to solve the clues and get to the locations.  He finished 9th and I finished 10th.  There were some out-of-towners in the hunt.  I think living in Philly and knowing how to get around was a huge advantage.

Shoutouts to everyone else I met as well.  All of the other winners, Wreckinkickz who started the original Yeezy 2 thread, a couple of other NT'ers I met, and everyone else.  A lot of cool people.

The day started at 4am and didn't end until 10pm.  It was exhausting but for a pair of shoes this exclusive, I would do it again.

Wow @ 18 hours, but sounds like a blast! Had I known, I probably would've entered. Was the registration free and do you have pics of the shirt? If there wasn't a fee, I think it's a deal for a free shirt, a $50 gift card and a chance for some Yeezys even if you finish last.

Also, did all 150 people complete the hunt?

Personally, I've never camped for kicks. The longest I was in line for was when the Levi 1's dropped at Ubiq a few years back. I was the last guy in line and waited about 45 minutes after I already copped a pair online at 8 AM online.

I honestly feel bad for people who camped out for days or 12 hours plus online for the Yeezys. I was able to take my nephews out to see Madagascar 3, early dinner at Red Robin and watched game 7 and the fight with my homies when the link popped up on Twitter.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Right....It's kinda making me not want to go. We have to go through A LOT for maybe 24 pairs lol. I really wish they would tell us how many they had. I'm not trying to spend all day in Philly runnin around playing a game and come up empty handed. Smh. It's already bad for me because I have been to Philly once or twice and I don't really know my way around. The Philly natives have a huge advantage. Speaking of which....Competitors can team up, hey man size do you wear?? lol
Nice meeting you the other night.  It was a long *!% day but hope you had a good trip up to Philly.

just moved to delaware recently im still tryna find my way around dont know any spots that i can cop sneaks yet.

walk around south street or rittenhouse plenty of spots there. abakus and sole control are consignment. Hoh in kop and cherry hill

Back
Top Bottom