Almost 21 years old and still can't drive stick... **UPDATE PG.4**

Originally Posted by Kramer

Well for one its way more fun drivin a stick. And it's just a good skill to have, it's worth your time learnin

I agree.

I think I'm going to take the time to learn it in the summer.

I'm 26. It may be time.

Originally Posted by Kramer

Well for one its way more fun drivin a stick. And it's just a good skill to have, it's worth your time learnin

I agree.

I think I'm going to take the time to learn it in the summer.

I'm 26. It may be time.

I'm 20, and have no idea how to do it either. Never tried before. I'm really interested to learn how though.

I'm 20, and have no idea how to do it either. Never tried before. I'm really interested to learn how though.

PAW-old-20-transp.gif

Got a manual in '08, haven't looked back. ~1-2K cheaper than the automatic version, plus better gas mileage and control since you're shifting it a lot better than the automatic transmission does. None of that awkward jerking back and forth between gears when you have to feather on the brakes and that painful delay when you're gassing it. Winning all the way.
pimp.gif

Got a manual in '08, haven't looked back. ~1-2K cheaper than the automatic version, plus better gas mileage and control since you're shifting it a lot better than the automatic transmission does. None of that awkward jerking back and forth between gears when you have to feather on the brakes and that painful delay when you're gassing it. Winning all the way.
pimp.gif

I tried it once, with my dad in his Corvette, $#!( scared me cause I didn't want to mess up his car. Going to really learn it this summer though.

I tried it once, with my dad in his Corvette, $#!( scared me cause I didn't want to mess up his car. Going to really learn it this summer though.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Though it seems intimidating at first, its not really that hard. I would say the hardest part is starting off and engaging the clutch. Heres a pointer: put it in first gear and release the clutch sloooowly and dont worry about the gas. Your engagement point is when the car starts moving, and thats when you want to give it gas. Itll be frustrating for the first couple days but as with everything else, youll get better as time goes on.
Co-sign.

I started learning how to drive with a stick shift. My first car was a manual and it was the car I used to take my driver's license test.. To me, it's more fun. You don't get bored. Of course, when traffic hits, it sucks. Overall, I wouldn't think twice about buying a stick shift.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Though it seems intimidating at first, its not really that hard. I would say the hardest part is starting off and engaging the clutch. Heres a pointer: put it in first gear and release the clutch sloooowly and dont worry about the gas. Your engagement point is when the car starts moving, and thats when you want to give it gas. Itll be frustrating for the first couple days but as with everything else, youll get better as time goes on.
Co-sign.

I started learning how to drive with a stick shift. My first car was a manual and it was the car I used to take my driver's license test.. To me, it's more fun. You don't get bored. Of course, when traffic hits, it sucks. Overall, I wouldn't think twice about buying a stick shift.

Back
Top Bottom