Am I the only person that doesn’t really care for 90’s babies?

About the “everyone gets a trophy” idea I really have only heard that by people who either perpetually lose or people not associated with anything in which it’s actually competitive. I have never witnessed a real competitive event result in the losers still reaping benefits. What I have seen are more people complaining to get things they don’t deserve, less acceptance of personal consequence and/or people not understanding they didn’t earn something but still think they should get it

I agree with all of this.

Now, in regards to why I posted this thread. I’m in the police academy now. It’s 22 of us and I will say about 7 people in my class was born in 1995, 1 was born in 96, 4 was born in 93, 1 in 94, 1 in 92, and one in 91. I will say it’s only 4 of us that were born in the 80’s. I was born in 87, one was born in 84, one was born in 85, and the other was born in 89. The remainder 3 was born in the 70’s. Just being in the classroom and overhearing their conversations it really shows how immature they are. I know I was once young and we all did dumb stuff, but MAN, people in my class do dumb stuff..smh. Prime example, my academy doesn’t allow us to bring cellphones in the classroom(unless it’s the department cellphone). You can get written up if you are caught with it. So one day, my class officer caught this girl using her phone in class. She had an attitude for the rest of the day instead of owning up to it. So, in typical fashion smh, the next day she brings her phone to class after getting caught‍♂️. That’s one of the reasons why I made this thread.

Just trying to talk to them about real stuff is useless. One person in my class didn’t show up to class one day because she was drunk the previous night. She didn’t call or anything. My class officer and our class leader was trying to call her. We later found out she was in Virginia and forgot she had to come to class. She was 4 hours late and could’ve been AWOL, but i’m Sure she got wrote up for that. To this day, I still don’t believe she learned her lesson because she still be getting “Lit” and post it on social media...smh, but you are about to be a cop. Bottom line is, I just feel like people in this newer generation is soft and don’t respect anything or anyone. I literally don’t have anything in common with most of them.
Maybe the problem is you? The things you list as problems with the younger generation I've seen people from the older generations do. I was born in 88 and I worked with an intern born in 00 last summer. We obviously had a huge gap in age, and we didn't have a lot in common, but that didn't stop us from having interesting conversations. I also used it as an opportunity to try to have a positive impact on someone younger than me.

You're generalizing all younger people, and from your post it sounds like you're judging them based on the stupid **** they do. We've all done stupid ****. I also have very little in common with most people I interact with, but that doesn't stop me from learning about people.

Aint no trophies in hood poverty..so I can’t relate to that bull**** rhetoric...
Be careful who you generalize that bullcrap to.
Its kids out here growing up rough in some horrible family and poverty situations still

Sound like some bull**** ...some old arrogant bigoted white folks would say..smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom