Am I the only person that doesn’t really care for 90’s babies?

Its the new times we live in unfortunately....
You don’t wanna know what the average day at the firehouse dinner table looks like now...as compared to before smartphones took over all social human to human connectivity.
For us who have been around before this technology its really scary....
I see why baby boomers and older folks get very touchy and sentimental about the “good old days”...

Yea, you are still missing the main point here.

Just know that, "Defend other cops" has promoted so much foul behavior through this country's history.

But, cool.

I think I have that concept down pat b.

I’ve talked about the thin blue line on here numerous times.

I’ve also talked about how erroneous it is to believe that there are well intentioned cops who’ll change things from the inside. You can’t spot treat a broken system, you have to tear it down and build anew.

The mere act of becoming a sworn officer means you are compliant to policies and laws that are unconstitutional. How TF are you gonna change that. He gonna challenge the entire police lobby? He gonna be exposing tenured officers?

What I’m saying is that OP is the pot calling the kettle black b/c once he’s in the field he’s going to turn the other cheek the very moment he sees a fellow officer doing dirt.

He a 30 something yr old dude who became a cop b/c he didn’t see any alternative career paths. He exhausted all options and thought welp, time to be a cop. He even polled NT previously for our thoughts on the matter.

I been seeing this cat post and this dude ain’t built to change ****.

I don’t forget ****.

Yeah? Tell that to the people caught up in the system b/c of unconstitutional policies and practices every sworn officer abides by, by default.

They never had much of a chance to begin with.

Too many cops and soldiers become cops and soldiers b/c they don’t see any other way to make a living.

They’re just doing their job, the mantra of many a war criminal.

Agents of oppression.

And if you are gonna be a cop in the current context of policing.

Then you gotta learn how to play by their rules.

You ain’t gonna be around long enough to “make a change” if you can’t even keep your **** together.

He in here getting moist about the going ons of his police academy.

His ACADEMY b.

Bruh, you think he’s gonna be able to keep his **** together to make a change?!

This dude in here about his feels about millennials.

I’m appalled.

Yeah man, he ain’t built for that ****.

:lol: Got you. On the same page.

So are you implying someone should know their desire to be a cop in advance?

:lol: Got you. On the same page.

So are you implying someone should know their desire to be a cop in advance?

I’m implying that someone shouldn’t settle on something that impacts other people’s life so profoundly.

That should never be the path of least resistance for someone.

His thought patterns demonstrated in this thread are already alarming and indicative of a bigger problem that’s pervasive throughout the nation.

Cops become cops because they can’t do **** else.

I will say the hate for the young + being a cop sounds like a horrible combination.

Yeah I don’t know why it took until page 5 for folks to realize this.

It’s not just oh here’s a crotchety out of touch old dude mad at the youth.

It’s a dude who is about to be a cop who thinks it’s his job to teach them a lesson.

Yeah sure that won’t manifest itself in scary ways in the field.

Yeah I don’t know why it took until page 5 for folks to realize this.

It’s not just oh here’s a crotchety out of touch old dude mad at the youth.

It’s a dude who is about to be a cop who thinks it’s his job to teach them a lesson.

Yeah sure that won’t manifest itself in scary ways in the field.
Truth man. This insecurity becomes someone’s funeral. That’s not ok in the least bit.

Dat man bout to be out here making 90s babies feel the wrath on traffic stops...
He gonna issue tickets and detain 90s babies with extreme prejudice:rofl:
He gonna see that birth date on their driver licenses and instantly turn red with infuriation:lol:
The failure to signal warning will turn into a full out felony traffic stop somehow:smh:

Should I preemptively be mad at 20s kids OP?

How about 30s kids?

Oh man don’t get me started on those ****ing 40s babies.

Respect the youth.

Why do we respect the elderly?

The ones who been doing it wrong?

Respect the youth.

The unfulfilled potential.

We keep setting the wrong example which leads to enculturation.

You see them doing wrong because our generation and the generation before us wasn’t **** either.

Those kids you talking down on, up and became police officers for the same reason you decided to be one. Cuz ain’t **** else they felt like they could do.

They’re taking it as lightly as you are b.

Only one way to change that. You see something inherently wrong with the system you don’t play party to that system.

You can’t, if you really want to change it. You can’t...

Respect the youth.

and show them another way...

I tried to respect the youth but their entitlement mindset..

tenor.gif

Respect the youth.

Why do we respect the elderly?

The ones who been doing it wrong?

Respect the youth.

The unfulfilled potential.

We keep setting the wrong example which leads to enculturation.

You see them doing wrong because our generation and the generation before us wasn’t **** either.

Those kids you talking down on, up and became police officers for the same reason you decided to be one. Cuz ain’t **** else they felt like they could do.

They’re taking it as lightly as you are b.

Only one way to change that. You see something inherently wrong with the system you don’t play party to that system.

You can’t, if you really want to change it. You can’t...

Respect the youth.

and show them another way...
I automatically respect nobody. Doesn’t mean I’m automatically angry at them either like OP

I agree with all of this.

Now, in regards to why I posted this thread. I’m in the police academy now. It’s 22 of us and I will say about 7 people in my class was born in 1995, 1 was born in 96, 4 was born in 93, 1 in 94, 1 in 92, and one in 91. I will say it’s only 4 of us that were born in the 80’s. I was born in 87, one was born in 84, one was born in 85, and the other was born in 89. The remainder 3 was born in the 70’s. Just being in the classroom and overhearing their conversations it really shows how immature they are. I know I was once young and we all did dumb stuff, but MAN, people in my class do dumb stuff..smh. Prime example, my academy doesn’t allow us to bring cellphones in the classroom(unless it’s the department cellphone). You can get written up if you are caught with it. So one day, my class officer caught this girl using her phone in class. She had an attitude for the rest of the day instead of owning up to it. So, in typical fashion smh, the next day she brings her phone to class after getting caught‍♂️. That’s one of the reasons why I made this thread.

Just trying to talk to them about real stuff is useless. One person in my class didn’t show up to class one day because she was drunk the previous night. She didn’t call or anything. My class officer and our class leader was trying to call her. We later found out she was in Virginia and forgot she had to come to class. She was 4 hours late and could’ve been AWOL, but i’m Sure she got wrote up for that. To this day, I still don’t believe she learned her lesson because she still be getting “Lit” and post it on social media...smh, but you are about to be a cop. Bottom line is, I just feel like people in this newer generation is soft and don’t respect anything or anyone. I literally don’t have anything in common with most of them.

FTP

Dude literally decided on being a cop b/c there was nothing else he could do.

:lol:

Why do you guys care so much for the year someone was born? Some serious insecurity going on

Only time I care is when I'm hollering at a shorty.

No R.kelly over here.

I automatically respect nobody. Doesn’t mean I’m automatically angry at them either like OP

Exactly.

But I do respect potential.

I respect it in a way that I’m careful of how I behave around them.

They’re taking this opportunity lightly b/c they see OP and others like him taking it lightly.

They see a 30-something year old man who has settled on this profession.

I’ve NEVER seen a fraction of the energy OP has displayed in this thread expressing his frustration with his colleagues in threads that deal with race, politics or police brutality.

I’ve never seen him in his feels about that...

Where was this energy on those topics?

Demand more of yourself OP before you go demanding more of others.

This isn’t dude wanting to have a career change, this is a dude SETTLING.

Just like those kids are settling.

Just like countless ppl settle and enlist.

**** settling b. Despise it. Anytime you feel yourself ready to settle on something PURGE.

And really think about what you’re doing and the implications of your actions.

I tried to respect the youth but their entitlement mindset..

tenor.gif

Entitlement is a misnomer for expecting more out of those who think they’re actually entitled for respect just b/c they fell into whatever they’re doing out of convenience.

How TF is the youth supposed to respect a generation that came before them that willfully accepted the ****ed up societal framework we have and have had since forever?

They’re right. They do deserve more.

The way this society functions isn’t right and they ain’t wrong for not wanting to fall in like we did.

I agree.

Take care of the youth.

Help them, because those are the same ones that will rob you and/or look out for your house when you are out of town.

Their entitlement is that they deserved more without doing a COTDAMN thing..

I don’t see it.

That they do less.

I see them working and paying their dues.

Look at the service industry. Who do y’all think is working like a dog for minimum wage?

I see the youth out here getting it.

I respect that.

Any of y’all younger millennials reading this, don’t let nobody tell you that your hustle is any less than theirs was.

That’s bull****.

Demand more, of yourself AND OTHERS.

Challenge the norms. Don’t let them to continue normalize ****.

Back
Top Bottom