Amare = weak -OR- Bowen = dirty? (vid) vol. Thoughts on dirty players?

^ Artest sucks.
wink.gif

Man, Artest would be a beast with us, word to the Phil Jackson + Dennis Rodman experiment. Phil's the perfect coach for those kinds of guys, because he hasabsolutely no problem saying 'I really don't care what you do off the court as long as you're playing the best you can on the court. Release yourwack albums, sign your wack singers, go marry yourself and dress up in drag; I will worry none. Show up and practice how I say and play the role I tell you toplay, and you can do your naked photoshoots for your book without me even caring one little bit,' and I don't think there are too many coaches thathave that kind of understanding.

If Amare thought he was directly hit in the groin or the ribs he should have said something to the referee right away. Did he? No. He tried to gather himself.Think about what happened. And then turn to yell something at Bruce Bowen.

How about saying something to D'antoni? "Yo, coach, I was just punched in the groin. Do something about it?"

There are professional methods and there are punk methods. Amare seems to always choose the punk method.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Man, Artest would be a beast with us, word to the Phil Jackson + Dennis Rodman experiment. Phil's the perfect coach for those kinds of guys, because he has absolutely no problem saying 'I really don't care what you do off the court as long as you're playing the best you can on the court. Release your wack albums, sign your wack singers, go marry yourself and dress up in drag; I will worry none. Show up and practice how I say and play the role I tell you to play, and you can do your naked photoshoots for your book without me even caring one little bit,' and I don't think there are too many coaches that have that kind of understanding.

This doesn't always work. I thought Rick Adelman and Bonzi Wells had a good relationship going where Adelman knew how to use Wells to get the most outof him. That tandem worked in Portland and Sacramento, but it flopped in Houston and they shipped him off the New Orleans. What you have to do is correct forthe coaches new team and the superstars that are their primary focus as a coach.

The Zenmaster's style adjusted slightly in LA to gear towards the personalities and work ethic of Shaq and Kobe which was very different from Money andPippen.

Bowens a female dog, everyone knows that. Nobody is going to go body him if they are making NBA money. We got the W, thats all that matters.

Cyprus Sinner II:
I guess I'm the only one who finds it weak when one person says something, another questions it, they go back and forth a little bit, and then all the sudden the first stops and justifies it by saying, "Waaaait just one second, this is just my opinion, I never said anything definitively."
And I'm one of MANY who finds it weak when someone refuses to provide evidence to their claims, even when asked for proof.

I repeat: Where did I say that there is no way Amare was hurt?

Show me that, and your argument is strong; fail to do so and it's weak.

You're arguing that I was confidently claiming that Amare was faking something, and so far, the ONLY evidence you have that supports that is "Well,you never said that he might NOT be faking injury."

laugh.gif
THAT'S weak.

Where did I say that there is no way Amare was hurt?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Cyprus Sinner II:
I guess I'm the only one who finds it weak when one person says something, another questions it, they go back and forth a little bit, and then all the sudden the first stops and justifies it by saying, "Waaaait just one second, this is just my opinion, I never said anything definitively."
And I'm one of MANY who finds it weak when someone refuses to provide evidence to their claims, even when asked for proof.

I repeat: Where did I say that there is no way Amare was hurt?

Show me that, and your argument is strong; fail to do so and it's weak.

You're arguing that I was confidently claiming that Amare was faking something, and so far, the ONLY evidence you have that supports that is "Well, you never said that he might NOT be faking injury."

laugh.gif
THAT'S weak.

Not that it matters, but I'm with Cyprus on this

^ But then we he hit the Suns bench, my man was top notch, talking abut play with Nash.
laugh.gif

If STAT were on another team, the PG would have been like 'Why are you talking about plays? You alright, my man? For a second, I thought maybe you were dying."

But STAT's not on another team; he's on the Suns, so Steve was probably like 'Enh, I know he's fine. This is what we do, feign injury, try to bait the refs into a call, then come back to the sidelines to discuss our next offensive play, our next defensive rotation, and our next attempt at baiting.'

You were basically questioning the severity of Stat's injury, (which is your opinion) and that dude was basically fine seconds after the play which negates how serious he was injured, if injured at all. Reading your posts, it does come off as you thinking that dude was acting.

You didn't come out and completely say, dude was faking the injury, but it was clear by reading your posts, that's the direction you were heading in.

In before, "Well I never said he WASN'T injured, so you shouldn't have assumed."

But,
laugh.gif
who cares.

I shouldn't have said anything.

In before half a page of ska's counter counter arguements, multi quotes, and two or three examples he'll come up with to solidify hisstance/case/arguement/opinion.

Dude definitely got hit in the nuts.

That's why he reacted the way he did.
4 real. I bet if all you guys would to get hit or even touched in the private many of you would do the same thing Amare did.. even if itdidn't hurt, you'll still do it because you're a man.. what is Amare suppose to do? Get hit in the nuts and be like that doesn't hurt? Then itmakes him seem like he doesn't have anything!! All you guys would do the same and I bet half of you have already been in that situation where you got hurtdown there but it didn't really hurt, but you had to pretend it did. I swear if Bruce Bowen touches Amare again, expect a punch by Amare.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

^ And people are supposed to read into your posts that you really weren't sue what happened and it (him being injured) was just YOUR humble guess?

Heck, I've already conceded that he could have very well been injured, and that's the opposite of what my opinion on the matter is.

I'm still waiting for you to provide SOME credibility to your nit-picking of me by conceding that it is entirely possible that he was acting, which wouldbe the opposite of what your opinion is. I don't see where you've done that at all. I see where you've nit-picked me for arguing against my opinionas much as I've argued for my opinion, an expectation that you're not willing to do yourself.

You showed where I said what my opinion was, which was that Amare was faking. That's my opinion, but stating my opinion does NOT mean that I think I'mright; it means I've stated my opinion, just like everyone else before me in the thread and everyone after (but you don't have a problem with them'confidently' positing that Amare was faking; you just want to think of ME as having a stubborn, arrogant, one-sided, unfair opinion).

laugh.gif

Where did I say that there is no way Amare was hurt? Where did I deny the possibility that he could have been hurt?

Where did YOU do what you're accusing me of not doing? Where did YOU argue that Amare could have been faking as confidently as you're arguing he couldhave been genuinely hurt?

Point blank: you're expecting something of me that you're not doing yourself, and you're choosing to continue an argument founded on the absence ofevidence.

Actually, there isn't even an 'absence of evidence, because I already said "It is COMPLETELY possible that he got slammed hard in either hismidsection or his groin, and the reason he was acting at in the Suns bench was because he was just sucking it up."

nerd.gif

*edit* And yes, franchise; it's weak when someone jumps in and then says, 'Enh, but who cares anyways?', because the answer to that is too easy:you do, apparently.

One reason is that you think that Amare feigned injury, to some how extract a call from the refs, reading your couple of posts.

But, if you look at the video, the game is over at that point. The Suns are up like 17 with like 3 to play in the 4th.

It's POSSIBLE he was acting, but there's no reward in acting. It's not like he was gonna get a call. The Suns didn't need one.

Like I said on page 2 somewhere, IMO, dude 'didn't get the wind knocked out of him'

He got kneed in the nuts, had that delay in reaction, and kneeled over.

Then went to approach Bowen.

Then went to the bench where Steve told him to chill out.

Of course dude could've been acting, I dunno.

But after watching the video, I think that's what happened.

Especially when he approaches the Spurs bench, he grabs his groin before heading over.

It's just you come in the post implying that Stat is faking the injury. Which is fine.

But then Cyprus comes in saying that dude really could've been injured. His opinion, which is fine.

But after all the dust settles, you use the "Where did I say he WASN'T injured?" bit.

That's a cop out.

Reading your posts, it's pretty clear you didn't think he was injured and was just acting. Acting for a call. Which again, is fine.

It's just you're on some, find me some proof where I said he wasn't injured, when you know yourself you never said he wasn't.

But WE all know by reading your posts, that was your implication.

Which sparked this whole thing. Cyprus stating his opinion that he really could've been injured.

Nah, you said you agree with Cyprus in that I'm acting completely confident in Amare acting.

So the question goes to you, too: where did I say that I was completely confident that Amare was fine, and that he was acting? And arguing that he was actingis NOT to say 'I know for a fact he was acting. No way was he hurt. NO WAY.' Arguing my opinion is simply that; arguing my opinion; failing to arguethe opposite of my opinion does NOT equate to me (or anyone) thinking that the opinion is 100% accurate.

Where did I say that there is no way Amare was hurt? Where did I say anything even close? Failing to say that he could have been hurt is NOT the same as'basically saying' that there is no way he could have been legitimately hurt.

"You were basically questioning the severity of Stat's injury": Yep, and that's no different than you basically legitimizing the severity ofStat's injuries.

"Feining injury = not injured/acting.": Yep, and 'I think he was feigning injury' = 'I think he was not injured/acting,' and in theend, those are both still opinion statements.

Nobody is talking about facts here, because NOBODY KNOWS FOR SURE.

What we ARE arguing about is our opinions.

ska, it's clear as day you were implying that Amare was acting/feining for a call.

Cyprus then stated that he very well could have been injured.

AFTER ALL THE DUST SETTLES, you fall back on the whole "Point out where I said he WASN'T injured"

Nobody is saying you were saying he WASN'T injured.

What WE'RE saying is, you think he was acting which means = NOT INJURED AT ALL. I know you want to be literal, and be on some "Well, just because Ithought he was acting, doesn't mean I don't think he felt something. Or a little pain."

Acting = feining = not injured as he made it out to be on the court.

Again, that was your implications reading your posts.

It's just we're on Page 4 now, and you're on some 'Point out where I said he WASN'T injured"

Cyprus was just arguing back and forth with you how you think he was acting, and how Cyprus thought he very well could've been hurt.

I've been racked in the jewels accidentally a few times while balling. You hit the floor fast. There is no other pain like it. You'd rather be shot inthe arm. You feel your eyes crawling into the back of your head as if they're beavers burrowing a channel down your spine. You just roll around on theground while every other man around you asks if you need water and checks out their own fellas.

Stat's reaction appears more like "I think I was hit in the groin".

See post #92, and re-read your posts.

You didn't COME OUT and SPECIFICALLY say you were confident in him acting or whatever.

It was your IMPLICATIONS that's what Amare was doing.

Acting/feinging to get a call, because that's what the Suns do.

How he was in pain in front of the ref, but on the bench, he was in top notch shape.

NOBODY talks specfically or literally on this site really, so we're just going off of what YOU posted.

ANd what you posted was, you thought he was acting.

How CONFIDENT you were?

I don't know. 87%?

64%?

You tell me.

Dude did NOT get hit in the jewels nor the stomach...he took a forearm to the chest. From the 15 times I've seen this vid he just doubles over, gets up,kind of grabs at his stuff, starts yellin, goes to the bench where he was calm before Nash even got there.
grin.gif

franchise3:
It's just you come in the post implying that Stat is faking the injury. Which is fine.

But then Cyprus comes in saying that dude really could've been injured. His opinion, which is fine.

But after all the dust settles, you use the "Where did I say he WASN'T injured?" bit.

That's a cop out.

Reading your posts, it's pretty clear you didn't think he was injured and was just acting. Acting for a call. Which again, is fine.

It's just you're on some, find me some proof where I said he wasn't injured, when you know yourself you never said he wasn't.

But WE all know by reading your posts, that was your implication.

Which sparked this whole thing. Cyprus stating his opinion that he really could've been injured.
HELL NO IT'S NOT A FREAKING COP OUT.

If you're going to accuse someone of something and they ask you to prove, how the freaking heck is that a cop out?

If he says 'I hate when people act so confident that they're right' and I ask "Where did I say I was confident I was right? I said 'Ithink...' just like everyone else," how the heck is that a cop out?

- I said I thought Amare was faking.
- He said that Amare could have been seriously hurt, and that NO ONE should be saying he was faking, because we don't know whether he was faking or not,and could have been seriously hurt.
- I pointed out that he appeared fine with the Suns.
- He disregarded that, and THEN started accusing me of being confident that I was right.
- I started asking where I said that I am confident I was right, AND I started asking him when he said that he could be wrong, where he said that Amare couldhave been acting.
- I've already said that Amare could have been legitimately hurt, and he has yet to admit that we could all be right about Amare's acting.
- You jump in, talking about 'Yeah, you were pretty confident that you were right'

Again, if you're going to accuse someone of something, you better have evidence supporting your accusation. The evidence you guys have was originally'Well, you didn't say you could be wrong, sooo... we're just going to assume that you think you're right." And that got shut down realquick with this: "It is COMPLETELY possible that he got slammed hard in either his midsection or hisgroin, and the reason he was acting at in the Suns bench was because he was just sucking it up."

So now that I've said that, y'all SHOULD be saying 'Well alright then; you do admit that he could have beeninjured.' But no, you want to stick to your inaccurate guns that say I'm completely confident in something I've proven I'm not completelyconfident about, which is ironic, because both of you are now acting completely confident about something, refusing to accept the opposite of your opinion.
roll.gif

You're both accusing me of being completely confident of something, and your continued argument in proving that only shows that you're completelyconfident that you're right.
laugh.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
franchise3:
ska, it's clear as day you were implying that Amare was acting/feining for a call.
IMPLYING?! Yes. CONFIDENTLY POSITING?! NO, and that's what Cyprus was saying I was doing, CONFIDENTLY ASSERTING THAT AMARE WAS ABSOLUTEFAKING, AND THAT THERE WAS NO WAY HE WAS LEGITIMATELY INJURED.

My IMPLICATION that he was faking is NOT the same as me saying 'There is NO WAY he was injured.'

Again, y'all have nothing. You have NOTHING to provide that shows where I said that there is no way I'm wrong; NOTHING.

But go ahead and keep thinking you're right about me thinking I'm right. You have NOTHING that shows where I said i was definitely right, NOTHING thatsaid there's no way I'm wrong, and a quote from me that says that says it is entirely possible that Amare was genuinely hurt, but go ahead and keepthinking you're right about your stance that I think I'm right.

People like you two take the fun out of casual sports discussion, especially for mods/admins. Nit-picking like this and then stubbornly refusing to see thatyour initial, negative assessment was wrong is both unfair and immature.
JsindaA:
Dude did NOT get hit in the jewels nor the stomach...he took a forearm to the chest. From the 15 times I've seen this vid he just doubles over, gets up, kind of grabs at his stuff, starts yellin, goes to the bench where he was calm before Nash even got there.
grin.gif

Get 'em, Cyprus! Sick 'em, franchise! Go towork, boys!

Originally Posted by chikickz

I've been racked in the jewels accidentally a few times while balling. You hit the floor fast. There is no other pain like it. You'd rather be shot in the arm. You feel your eyes crawling into the back of your head as if they're beavers burrowing a channel down your spine. You just roll around on the ground while every other man around you asks if you need water and checks out their own fellas.

Stat's reaction appears more like "I think I was hit in the groin".

Truth, Everytime I've been hit I've doubled over and dropped to my knees. Stat got over the pain in literally 10 seconds.... nope that doesn'thappen.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Dude did NOT get hit in the jewels nor the stomach...he took a forearm to the chest. From the 15 times I've seen this vid he just doubles over, gets up, kind of grabs at his stuff, starts yellin, goes to the bench where he was calm before Nash even got there.
grin.gif

Check Bowen's knee during the play.

CYPRUS STOP NITPICKING.

You're definitely taking the fun out of this site by continuing this immature and petty arguement.

NTS&T

Serious business.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom