Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

man I got denied again. I provided my website/ebay/social media links and still got denied

Should I keep making a new account and keep applying?

All depends how bad you want an account.

I would create a hundred emails until I got in if I had to lol

I know a few people that took 6/7 times before they got in.

If you have the time and drive to work an account til its poppin, keep trying to get in.

Quick note, dont ask me why..
Apply with minimal info. Time and time again I hear stories of qualified designers getting denied and folks that have never touched graphic design software in their life and filled out the app with minimal effort, get in. There is zero rhyme or reason to who they approve and why lol

Visibility all comes down to keywords.

The title holds the most weight, and the beginning of the title is where you want to put your top keywords.

Took me a couple months before I finally realized how to fully optimize my listings with the necessary keywords.

Just walked into the crib and I gotta make dinner for the kids but I will follow up on this in a few. I'll share an example or two. Im sure if you go back thru this thread I have touched in depth about that and many other things too.

I will say those first couple tiers are tough and a really slow grind. Plenty of folks dont see immediate success and throw in the towel before they ever get going.

Stick with it though, keep learning and refining your approach. I have seen folks, in a year to 1.5 years build this up to 2-5X what they were making at their dayjob.

be back in a few..

Thanks!!

300+ sales in June. (Approx 180 live designs)

I had 7 sales in May.

Biggest change was me getting my ego in check, working smart and doing my homework.

Using Merchinformer, reading blogs, watching how to videos etc...

Expecting a big drop off in July and a Huge one in August as 90% of my sales were from trends (World Cup largely)

But my evergreen sales are creeping up slowly month to month. Just need to keep uploading those and then tryna catch waves whenever they present themselves.

300+ sales in June. (Approx 180 live designs)

I had 7 sales in May.

Biggest change was me getting my ego in check, working smart and doing my homework.

Using Merchinformer, reading blogs, watching how to videos etc...

Expecting a big drop off in July and a Huge one in August as 90% of my sales were from trends (World Cup largely)

But my evergreen sales are creeping up slowly month to month. Just need to keep uploading those and then tryna catch waves whenever they present themselves.

Yo, thats great to hear!

I didnt touch the World Cup but I do have experience with successful trends and then the inevitable fall off afterwards.

Thats awesome though, glad to hear you did well and thats dope that you honed in and focused on really finding demand.

I finally started concentrating on evergreens about 2 months ago so my June sales were about 80% evergreen. I did about 200 evergreen sales in June.

You doing your own designs or outsourcing?

Thanks dude.

Evergreens gotta be the bread and butter right?? Those couple sales a month will add up across 100's or 1000's of designs.

And i'm doing all my own designs at the moment. Obviously i'm limited to how many i can do but i'm going to try and hold off outsourcing for as long as possible.

If i can fill 2000 slots and i'm doing well enough i'll give it up. Right now though this is all pretty fresh still so i'm still enjoying the design process.

Sup team. I had a MBA account since Feb/March but I haven't gotten serious with it until now. Any pointers on ideas/free apps/ podcast or videos I should listen/watch to? I am only in the 25 tier so I may try to buy myself out. Trying to tier up to 100+ by christmas so I can profit. I have been pushing myself to upload 2-3 designs daily in a certain niche. I design my own stuff. Trying to get to that 400-500/month cash flow with evergreen products.

You guys are killing it, wow! :wow:

I'm still in a slump being lazy about putting designs up. I did pretty decent though, 118 sold in June including a few popsockets. Completely missed out on the world cup sales. Between my primary job, djing on the side, and planning a wedding I have really put merch on the back burner. I will eventually catch another motivational wind and get designs up for the fall/winter holidays but this summer has been rough. Amazon just deleted over 100 designs I had up with no sales so my live products are dipping like crazy :sick:.

Always looking out for new research tips. If you guys find success with a particular process or video series let me know.

Finally eclipsed 1000 sales today.

Tier 2,000 on deck.

I only have 570ish designs up currently so lotta work ahead for me.

Ready to really scale this thing up.

Q3 underway. Gotta get set up nicely for Q4/Christmas.

Pretty excited to really build this thing out and make some money now.

Does anyone here who owns a store write their own product descriptions?

When you say store do you just mean an account on Amazon or a physical store?

I write everything for my listings.

The title is the most important for indexing/search results. Brand and bullets also index while the Product Description is for indexing in Google seearch results.

The title is the most important for indexing/search results. Brand and bullets also index while the Product Description is for indexing in Google seearch results.

The shirt title ?

Do you try to cram as much in there as possible?

The shirt title ?

Do you try to cram as much in there as possible?

Yessir, the shirt title.

The beginning of the title holds the most weight as well.

Took me a LONG time to figure that out but Ive tested it multiple times and its been confirmed by the top dogs in my group.

Depends.

Usually I will cram as much in the title as possible, with the keywords I want to rank for the most at the beginning.

Which I wasnt doing the first 6 months of journey.

Now that I have it has made a huge difference.

There are other times, less often, where there arent a ton of words I am targeting and will just make sure I hit on the main one or two.

My Savage shirt that I have ranked on the first page is simply titled
Savage T Shirt

Thats it.

Main thing is putting the main keywords at the beginning and the rest thereafter.

The title, by far, definitely holds the most weight and is the most important.

I'm launching a Shopify store. I have the site but I'm not strong in creative writing. I need to have short product descriptions and bullet points. Was trying to find someone I could pay to do them for me. Like a virtual assistant.

I'm launching a Shopify store. I have the site but I'm not strong in creative writing. I need to have short product descriptions and bullet points. Was trying to find someone I could pay to do them for me. Like a virtual assistant.

I gotchu.

Personally I would hit up Upwork.com

Some have had luck on Fiverr but I would skip and go straight to Upwork for a VA.

They'll take care of your needs

For whatever reason I can’t type men’s in my listing. I keep getting an error because it didn’t like the apostrophe. I suck at my listings so I may need to outsource. I haven’t sold jack smh after several revisions

For whatever reason I can’t type men’s in my listing. I keep getting an error because it didn’t like the apostrophe. I suck at my listings so I may need to outsource. I haven’t sold jack smh after several revisions

You can just take the apostrophe out

If somebody searches for mens, with or without it, Amazon will still show the corresponding listing.

Im telling you, its SUPER slow at first.

Took me almost a month to make my first sale, after I had all 10 slots filled.

That was almost a year ago, things are tougher now, and right now is a slow time for online retail.

Keep at it.

It will be a couple months before things get consistent.

I am proof that you can make it work though, I just went over 1,000 sales today. Still a couple months away from my 1 year anniversary from the day I was approved.

Just got a few responses from Upwrok. They're charging an avg of $4 per product. I pretty much need 2-3 sentences and maybe 3 bullet points.

Just got a few responses from Upwrok. They're charging an avg of $4 per product. I pretty much need 2-3 sentences and maybe 3 bullet points.

Guessing thats about right but I have zero experience in this space.

the only thing Ive outsourced thus far is some designs.

I just DM'd you back lol

Is there a specific place where sell Amazon Merch shirts or is it thrown is with the rest on the shirts, i wanna get an idea of what is being sold.

Is there a specific place where sell Amazon Merch shirts or is it thrown is with the rest on the shirts, i wanna get an idea of what is being sold.

all merch shirts are thrown in with the rest of everything else sold on Amazon

you can run a search on this and it will filter out and only give you the merch shirts

https://merchinformer.com/merch-amazon-listings/

searching on Amazon, however, will give you everything combined

You can hit enter, without putting in a specific word to search for, and it will give you all Merch shirts

the first shirts that pop up are the most successful ones

Download the Chrome extension DS Quickview and it will show you the BSR's of the shirts, without having to click on each listing so you can scroll down the page and see how each shirt is doing

here is screengrab of 4 merch shirts that are on the first page of search results from that link. With Ds Quickview, you can see the BSR rank.

The lower the better (#1 being the top shirt, on down) Anything under 100k is selling multiples a day. That dabbing shirt that is 21k BSR is selling between 15-20 a day. The Husband Daddy Hero shirt, at 95k BSR, is selling between 2-5 a day.

Keep in mind that BSR is just a snapshot in time. It will change, depending on when you run a search.
Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 10.27.08 PM.png

Finally eclipsed 1000 sales today.

Tier 2,000 on deck.

I only have 570ish designs up currently so lotta work ahead for me.

Ready to really scale this thing up.

Q3 underway. Gotta get set up nicely for Q4/Christmas.

Pretty excited to really build this thing out and make some money now.

Congrats man. Keep it rolling :pimp:

Planning ahead is vital. Gotta start churning out my Halloween and Xmas ish soon.

Definitely jumping on Halloween designs by the end of the month. I suggest you all do the same. Halloween and Christmas sales can make you rich.

Back
Top Bottom