An oral history on the Malice at the Palace. Best article I've ever read on it.

Good read, just a terrible mix of variables that somehow all came together in the 'right' way for this to happen

Damn Ron Ron

"After we calmed down, [Artest] looked at me like, 'Jack, you think we going to get in trouble?' Jamaal Tinsley fell out laughing. I said, 'Are you serious, bro? Trouble? Ron, we'll be lucky if we have a freaking job.' That lets me know he wasn't in his right mind, to ask that question." —Stephen Jackson

One of the best nights of my NBA viewing life. 
laugh.gif

I had so much fun watching it all unfold.  I saw the dust up coming a mile away, just didn't know it would end up in the stands. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Damn Ron Ron

"After we calmed down, [Artest] looked at me like, 'Jack, you think we going to get in trouble?' Jamaal Tinsley fell out laughing. I said, 'Are you serious, bro? Trouble? Ron, we'll be lucky if we have a freaking job.' That lets me know he wasn't in his right mind, to ask that question." —Stephen Jackson

I still remember a lot of people on NT that night saying Ron will only get 10 or 15 games.

This event single-handedly destroyed my fantasy basketball team that season.

I had Big Ben, Artest, Jermaine O'Neal....uuuugh

One of those moments where you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing at the moment it happened.
eek.gif
 followed by 
eek.gif
 all night watching the replay.

"I'm Ron Artest.....laying down to your garbage while my $#+!*% in the streets pushing $%*+ like Ben Wallace"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jackson: The person who I have more respect for since then is Ben. We make it a point to shake hands and speak before games now. I respect Ben. Ben was not wrong at all for what he did. Ron did something that only a moron would do. Something real selfish. Ben just protected himself, and for Ben's part, he had a lot going on at the time. That was the wrong person to foul, let alone the biggest dude on the court.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't watching, but my neighbor texted me freaking out (he knew I was an NBA fan). He's like "TURN ON ESPN!!!" I caught the end of it and the aftermath. It was a Friday night, and I didn't end up going out. I was glued to the TV.

Originally Posted by S4L3

John Green (the fan who lobbed a drink at Artest): I never intended to hit anyone. The day I threw the cup I forgot about the laws of physics. I hope that no one ever throws anything at The Palace again.
Quote of the year material....

This dude is a clown, he really got banned from like 3 other venues prior to this?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And threatened to pour his drink on Yao?!?!?! 

How do you even go about threatening that at a game
laugh.gif

S. Jax was ready to lay people out from the get, and if O'Neal managed to put everything into that punch I agree he would have killed that dude.

Great article, still can't believe how it happened.

i wasnt watching the nba at the time but how did this game end up in the records? tie game for both teams calculated into the standings?

i remember getting home from work and watching that game, the whole 4th quater was chippy, dudes going back and forth
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

when ron fouled Big Ben on that last dunk attempt and everything broke loose
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i was like
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

and like Oneal says, had he not slipped he wouldve killed that dude, it happened at that moment the cameras were right on him and dude slipped, i was like
eek.gif
sick.gif

I was watching the whole game live that night...was just about to turn it off and play Need For Speed Underground and then madness ensued.

Back
Top Bottom