AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

looks like its time to get back into the AND1 game...I haven't been impressed with the shoes the last 2 years but with these pics...I really would like to go back to wearing AND1s.
- BOILER UP!
TORONTO RAPTORS - A NEW ERA HAS BEGUN
FC BARCELONA - FORCA BARCA!

I'm sorry, but those Vapors are just flat out UGLY. My feet are too sexy to wear something like that. I won't wear a shoe just because of a bold design, and that is because something that is too bold, can come off as incredibly tacky.

However, the Franchise's are a classier looking shoe IMO. That's me, and I am looking forward to trying them.

as far as the jordan connection, I bought the silky smooths a couple years ago b/c they reminded me of the aj3.
The edge mids look a lot like carmelo's new shoe. at least as he wore it in the world games.

("Carmelo"? was he named after a candy bar?)

Edit: he was named after his pops.

Finally. :pimp:
pimp.gif

I gotta pay off some friends for some stuff...but once I'm in order I gotta snag those black/white/red Edges...great shoe.
IT IS[/center]

My performance thoughts on the Edge: If any of you saw the Sole Collector Issue 13 you saw the little article Retrokid did on the Edges...The designer, (can't remember the name right now) implemented a Chuck Taylor upper saying that with a shoe that was able to fit correctly would allow for minimal ankle coverage. When I read that, I thought, "this shoe is definitely not something I'd like to play in,"...but after playing in them tonight, all concerns dissipated. Previous to this, I always really felt it necessary to have tons of ankle support. In fact, my favorite shoe to play ball in ever is the Adidas Bromium III ( :wow:
eek.gif
the ankle support is bananas.) But while playing I felt no noticeable side to side movement, and was able to concentrate on playing. I was really doubting that thin upper, but the Edges definitely performed in that area quite well. Honestly, I felt like I had enough cushioning in these. Maybe it's because I've been playing in the Starbury 1's lately, or maybe it's because I've been walking around in Nike Free 5.0 trainers like it was my job, but seriously, these seemed supportive enough to fit my shooting guard to small foward frame. The only thing I did not like is I found when fully lacing the Edges, the tongue became a bit restrictive, which caused heavy discomfort.

Chris Chicago, I waited for such a long period of time for a few reasons:

1. Everyone complemented the looks of these, but no one really ever discussed sizing issues until recently.
2. I was worried about ankle support

I finally figured that if I couldn't play ball in thse, I could break a few necks wearing them casually.

Team Whit Eboy, the black/red/white's got a bunch of looks in a little pick-up game in the gym....They look smooth.

STILL NOT STICKED??? man, what will it take? 20 page's in 5 months, the kg thread is 6 pages long and has been up for 6 months???

Quote:
^ It's not Adidas/Reebok and there's not secondary interests involved from those who sticky posts...

^^^^^^ well said, look's like we have some (goerge) bush's and (cheney) d!ck's running this forum....

Why is it so important for a post to be stickied? The TMac IV post isn't stickied.
I don't get the politicing....but maybe a whole lot of people aren't And 1 fans?

Peace

Quote:
Why is it so important for a post to be stickied? The TMac IV post isn't stickied.

well...

a) the thread is very informative with alot of sample pics
b) an and1 designer is commenting in this thread
c) 20 pages, 383 posts within 5 months
d) the thread is concentrated on future release, not just one model

but then again like you said, alot of people might not like and1's and that's what it most likely comes down to.

to tell you the truth, it doesnt matter. though I could see how politics getting one brand stickied over another would irk some. but really the only threads that should be stickied are those with timeless information that people always need, and arent updated often.

This thread in itself is a pretty strong testement to the new designs And-1 is releasing. It shouldnt be stickied, it should exist until people lose interest, or it's spun off into another. It should probably be archived though. There's alot of cool stuff that would be nice to revisit a couple years down the road when the edge is considered a slept on classic.

as long as this post is still on the first page every time i visit, its ok to me. even the tmac6 post gets bumped out

and1 does have alot of nice shoes coming, the L2G tech looks great, i wish they'd have the cut on the franchise a bit lower.

keep it comin

the insane game shoe is a blatant copy of one of the Jordan Team shoes. and you guys rip chinese manufacturers for copying Nike. smh.

Im guessing hes saying they are copies of the Team Elite....Yes there are straight lines, but I don't see how its a BLATANT copy at all....Still its own shoe....
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

a similarity perhaps, but not a blatent rip. Hard to accuse them of stealing from the team elite since it's not really anything special in itself.

4go3ubr.jpg

vs

sneakerhead_1913_41143356

don't forget about these:
revw_full_pk_nb_bb901_ft.jpg

Oh...I was thinking the first Team Elites...forgot about the second ones...yeah they do look similar.
IT IS[/center]

Those New Balance Kicks is a great shoe to ball in as well. I had a pair, lent them to my boy, never saw them again unless I saw him on court!

I really don't like the BIG AND1 print on the side of that shoe, kinda tacky.

So speaking of favoritism.....you guys who are now touting this Brand, did you get the shoes that you are showing for free? Because I def cannot find the ones that you cats are showcasing.

Peace

Quote:
There's alot of cool stuff that would be nice to revisit a couple years down the road when the edge is considered a slept on classic.

Well said. I truly believe people will want the Edges in 8-10 years.

you're right-on there mr. aphekt. the only pair from this thread I've seen in a store is the asphalts at Sports Authority.

distributions seems to be lacking. though a lot of the stuff pictured hasnt been released yet.

Mr. Chicago,

I concur, distributions is mos def lackin'. I called all over NYC to see who carries these joints, I got a nada in every area code.

Does anyone know how to get a job with AND1? I live in Philly and I've been trying with no luck forever.

Back
Top Bottom