And the award for the hypebeast shoe of the year award goes to..

Dude said tiffs or pigeons...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

I dont understand why people still say Eggplants, yall didnt get a pair or something?
They were more widely available than the Yeezys, wasnt that hard to cop if you was on top of your local spots that were getting them, i mean, even Foot Actiongot them.

If you look hard enough, you can find DS pairs still easily $240-270...Yeezys are double that, almost even triple that of Eggplant Foams.

soooo.....what's being said is:
hypebeast=highest resale value.

i was under a different impression, but i digress.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

soooo.....what's being said is:
hypebeast=highest resale value.

i was under a different impression, but i digress.

Resale value reflects the hype on a shoe. The only way I would EVER pay 600 bucks for a pair of shoes, is if these shoes made me play like Michael Jordanhimself. But other people don't think that way. If people weren't paying 600 dollars for a pair of Yeezys then resellers wouldn't get 600 dollarsfor them. If people were only willing to pay 300 dollars for a pair of Yeezys, that's what resellers would get for them. It's all relative, a shoe isonly worth how much you're willing to pay for it. People are willing to pay 600-700 for a pair of Yeezy's, theyre only willing to pay up to 300 for apair of Eggplant foams. Ok, now you're thinking, well the Yeezy's are limited so that's why people are willing to pay more. Doesn't that meanpeople were more hyped over the Yeezys? So ask yourself the question again. Which is the more hypebeast shoe? Yeezys.

eggplants. i'd argue they are the reason you can't pay retail for foamposites(past or present) anymore. i consider the yeezys TOO limited to count.
stores doing raffles for like 15 pairs.

actually, '07 royals and HOH royals are the reason foam prices have skyrocketed

I think that the Yeezy's are the most hyped shoe I've seen, period.
laugh.gif
From the resell prices, celebrity sightings, campouts, raffles...never seenanything like it. It was practically the new business model for generating hype on a shoe...

Yes, Royals are the reason the Foam prices are so high, but as for this year....

Yeezy's
Foams
1/2 Cents

Later this year...
More 1/2 Cents colors
Jordan XII
Jordan XI

Although most of us will cop the Jordan later this year, some people hype them and get them just cause they hear most everyone else will get them. Theydon't really care for it but hearing everyone else like it makes them like it....lol

You cannot compare a legendary basketball Athletes signature shoe to a Cooked up glow in the dark SKYTOP concoction made specially forthe stars

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
IMO

700-800 page total (over 2 threads). Eggplant foams hands down.

Yeezys are up there to but @ the same time like mentioned earlier, they were a it too limited to consider. & If most people missed out on retail or$100-200+ retail they moved on, didn't really phase them. Especially since MOST (NOT ALL) dudes were only looking to flip em anyway.

1/2 Cents did numbers & had hype because dudes were still riding (pause lol) that foam wave/hype from the eggplants.

I'd have to say Eggplant foams or 1/2 cents take the prize. As stated previously, Yeezys are too rare to count. For me personally, it's all about theBo Jax. Can't wait.

eggplants. i'd argue they are the reason you can't pay retail for foamposites(past or present) anymore. i consider the yeezys TOO limited to count. stores doing raffles for like 15 pairs.

I agree with you 100%! Look at the thread, over $600 pages! But I would have to say the shoe worn by most hypebeast is the Jordan Aqua 8. I see every kid withtight jeans and a neon shirt in town wearing these things. I sold my ds pair for that reason.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Foams...
smh.gif

@%@@!* straight whored my beloved shoe...

Straight snorted it up like the purest of cocaine

I remember NT didn't even mess with foams

A foam thread wouldn't even hit a 100+ pages

Now everyone is a "foam head"

Disgusting...
exactly.

Back
Top Bottom