And we call this a reputable newspaper?(NY POST, Obama related)

smh.gif
no shock to me. NY Post is a tabloid paper in disguise.

i dont know what the intent behind the cartoon is

but if people can get away with comparing bush to a monkey why is this any different?

because monkeys are brown you have to associate with black people?

or maybe because monkeys are considered stupid that they would compare it to obama

its not that serious and we all have the rights of freedom of speech

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

but if people can get away with comparing bush to a monkey why is this any different?

or maybe because monkeys are considered stupid that they would compare it to obama

Link to Post comparing bush to a monkey?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

smh.gif
NO, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CHIMP THAT GOT LOOSE IN CONNECTICUT THAT ATTACKED THE WOMAN!
SMH
follow the news, more closely
tired.gif
laugh.gif

You are an example of an Idiot.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

http://robby-valentino.u.yuku.com/

YOU WANNA SEE MAH FACE?!!?!

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

"No Jasper they wanna see mah face let them see it!"

Thank you NYP for reminding me of this episode I'm definitely going to watch it tonight.

Seriously, if you take anything the NYP says/does and call it reputable you need your head examined, everyone in NY knows this. If the Post is the first paperI see in the morning I have to double check with the Daily News that their front page article really happened. If a meteor was heading towards Earth,they'd split the front page between that and a picture of Britney at fashion week. Be serious.

you know what maybe you need to stop being offended by EVERY little thing, just grow up and learn to take a joke, i mean its all great when everyone is rippingon bush, but then when we have something that may have slight anti obama undertones (it could just be saying that congress and all involved in making this billare idiots) it suddenly is a great problem??

In short, if the liberal media finds it fine to make fun of bush so incessantly, why is it a big deal for something like this that isnt even a direct attack onbarry hussein?

the post is definitely one of the least reputable newspapers in NY, i would read the Daily News before the post, but would prefer neither. NYT FTW

i guess the post is just disreputable since it isnt full of the left wing media bias that overtakes the NYT and the daily news to a lesser extent

The cartoon being published showed poor taste on the Post part and definitely tries to reiterate signs of racism. I can also see who some of the futureleaders of the KKK are in this thread as well by some of the replies, SMH.

Originally Posted by MarcOnDaTrack

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

smh.gif
NO, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CHIMP THAT GOT LOOSE IN CONNECTICUT THAT ATTACKED THE WOMAN!
SMH
follow the news, more closely
tired.gif
laugh.gif

You are an example of an Idiot.
and you're an example of not reading the rest of this post
indifferent.gif

i took it back, end of story

Well... technically they were saying his stimulus plan is so dumb it was clearly written by monkeys. But lets read between the lines here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

seriously...?
are you denying that people compared bush to a monkey?
I mean its basically in every website, newspaper, tv shows, any media you can think of
just go to google and type in bush monkey and you will see millions of pictures comics and cartoon depicting bush as a monkey
and people get mad because that cartoon offended their great leader obama?
and the post is garbage anyways
the only thing good about the post is the sports section.

seriously...?
I mean its basically in every website, newspaper, tv shows, any media you can think of
just go to google and type in bush monkey and you will see millions of pictures comics and cartoon depicting bush as a monkey
Seriously there are somethings that you can't do. You can't compare a black man to a monkey. There are a lot of other things you can do topoke fun at Obama but that is one thing you can't do. Denying racism is just as bad as being racist. Unless your black then there are things you can'tunderstand. Has anyone ever just looked through you like your not even a person? I'm talking just looked right through you, as if you were not even aperson, didn't even show you the respect of looking you in the eye. Someone ever said something to you that on the surface seemed so mundane, but you canfeel that they just think that you are nothing. Try to imagine that, then tell me that it is ok for someone to spiel those negative racial epithats that juststir up all those emotions in people.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

seriously...?
Seriously there are somethings that you can't do. You can't compare a black man to a monkey. There are a lot of other things you can do to poke fun at Obama but that is one thing you can't do. Denying racism is just as bad as being racist. Unless your black then there are things you can't understand. Has anyone ever just looked through you like your not even a person? I'm talking just looked right through you, as if you were not even a person, didn't even show you the respect of looking you in the eye. Someone ever said something to you that on the surface seemed so mundane, but you can feel that they just think that you are nothing. Try to imagine that, then tell me that it is ok for someone to spiel those negative racial epithats that just stir up all those emotions in people.
this is what I dont understand. why cant we look past the fact that obama is a MAN first and a BLACK MAN second. Like I said its all about theintentions behind the authors. how can one deny racism if they had no intentions of being racist. So if we call bush a monkey, that is still acknowledging thathe is a human? No. Because that is what an insult is, to look down on people one consider is below human. Its one thing to make fun of another because oftheir skin color and another thing to hate them for their skin color. I have friends who are black, jewish asian hispanic white and we would snap on each otherabout their skin colors and their negative stereotype. And they are just jokes. The core of racism is hatred. Making jokes doesn't always mean hatred. Ifwe are all comfortable with each other we shouldn't be offended by this, ofcourse there are limits to how far you can go. Its one thing to make jokes andanother tihng to straight up hate this person because of the color of his skin. I am about talking about if you are denied rights and services because of yourskin color, if you got jumped because of your skin color, any form of hostility basically. I am ok with racist jokes against me, because I can always snap backfor whatever race they are. The truth is we cannot deny who we are because sometime our culture is what generate sterotype.

And after typing alll this some of you will think i am a racist and that is ok because I know I am not. Race is such a touchy subject I don't want to getinto.

You are all missing the point. Obama didn't even write the damned stimulus bill. Look at the facts and look at the cartoon. "They'll have to findsomeone else to WRITE the stimulus bill." How far are we going to read into everything now that there is a black president? This type of thinking sets usback so many years.People who over analyze stuff like this don' t even realize that they are part of the problem.

wow... stop thinkin like a lawyer.

technicalilties, face it, the Post Hates Obama, everyday i see the editorial section SLAM HIM. Outrageous claims that they KNOW they cant put in the frontpages. Its a anti-liberal manifesto. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to read between the lines. this is the tongue-in-cheek kind of garbage that flys underthe radar subconsciously making people think its ok to think obama is a monkey, hey its just a cartoon right!

I have been convinced its not Obama
he didnt have any human facial characteristics

this is bush as a chimp
bush_chimp.jpg

bush_chimp.JPG
bush_chimp_331845.jpg

BushChimp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom