and we're done

my favorite knick moment ever i miss those days 

Ewing games 3-5 in 1990 vs Boston is the greatest singular or collective Knick playoff accomplishment since 1973. Easily. I wasn't there for it, but I've lived through it on Youtube.

Down 0-2 responds with:

34 & 19
44, 13, 5 with 7 steals and 2 blocks (!)
31, 8 and 10 with 4 blocks and 3 point dagger in Boston Garden to win the series.

Somehow it never, ever gets talked about. Not by older Knick fans, not be the media, not by former players. Blows my mind. Celtics were older but completely healthy that year too. Big 3 + Reggie Lewis and Dennis Johnson.

LJ 4 point play resonates most with my adolescence though.

Last edited:
I'll never forget that LJ 4-point play.

I was at a friends house and everyone there were Knicks fans besides one of my friends. He was a HUGE Indiana Pacers fan and it looked like the Pacers were going to win that game.

Once LJ hit that shot, the whole living room went wild. Still the most memorable moment for me as a Knicks fan.

I remember the Starks dunk, but I don't remember the Ewing putback too well.

I was 8 years old and Houston's game winner against Miami was the FIRST EVER knick game i ever watched. Then, the next game I watched was when we got eliminated by the Spurs in the finals :lol: :smh:

Houston became my favorite player and the rest is history.

1990 Ewing was disgusting.

28, 11, and 4 blocks a game.

And those few games were monster performances.

Yea...I have no clue what you're talking about. I was 2.

I remember looking for old Knick games yeeeeeaaaaars ago and those were definitely there.

But while I was watching stuff from the 80s and 90s, I slowly realized in almost all of the games I found, we lost. :smh:

So I just watched some 94 and 99 games and gave up. :lol:

Remaining schedule for the Bulls and hawks is

Bulls: Orlando/Washington
Hawks: Toronto/Knicks.

Bulls could easily win out and the last game of the season could be for whether we see the Bulls 2nd round or not. We gonna have to beat the Hawks the last game of the season if we dont want to see the Bulls. Bulls own the tie breaker with the Hawks. So they only have to have the same record and the Hawks only have a 1 games lead.

Fingers crossed fellas.

I think Atlanta will lose both games or at least the game against us.

Miami will see either Indiana or Chicago.

Last edited:
By now, most of you guys know already but the truth is I was a bigger Orlando magic fan in the 90s than a knick fan. The Knicks were entertaining to watch but they were annoying as hell too lol Choked alot. It wasn't until the summer of '96 when they traded for LJ, signed Allan Houston and Chris Childs that I thought "ok this team is for real now". That plus Shaq went to LA and Orlando became Penny's team with Rony Seikaly >D

I always thought Pat Riley was a douche for doing the Knicks dirty tho. I remember when he came back to NY, it had that wwf feel lol. That was entertaining.

Damn I've never even heard of that Ewing stretch. Definitley doesn't get any shine for some reason.

:wow: at the Rony Seikaly reference :lol:

btw if anyone here remembers Seikaly and doesn't know what he's been up to...its pretty damn funny and random as hell

\

watching this vid brings back memories of when I was in MIA and did LIV/Space back to back :frown:

good times

worst hangover. ever.

I happened to see the Houston play by accident. I was out playing and went into the house for some water/snack. I throw on the TV and see it happen. In '94 I promised my dad a knicks championship for fathers day...

I was never a big fan of watching sports on TV. I'd rather play. So after that finals loss I would keep an eye on the Knicks, but I rooted for other teams. Mainly Sac-Town and Phoenix through out HS and most of college. When we got Stat I returned "home"

Come at me bros.

:lol: ok since we're confessing how our fandom worked out..:

I became a bigger fan of Penny Hardaway when he dropped back to back 40 point games against the heat to avoid elimination for at least two games. Magic lost to the heat and my hatred for the heat actually started in this round.

And when Shaq went to LA, I was a pseudo laker fan. That team had elden Campbell, Eddie jones, nick van exel and a young Kobe. Now when Kobe won MVP in the rookie all star game and slam dunk champion, that's when I became a fan of his as well. The funny thing is that I stopped being a Laker fan once they hired Phil Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom