Anderson Cooper Comes Out: 'The Fact Is, I'm Gay'

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

I'm still waiting on Diddy and other hip hop celebs to get some balls and come out.

This is what bothers me.  Now that I think about it, I don't know too many black guys in this situation.  Is Obama gay? How about Montel? Or Jared Dudley.

When I think about it, Grant Hill is suspect as heck, along w/ Jared Dudley.  All that time G.Hill spent nursing his ankle in Orlando and rolling up on TMAC.  I can see it now.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

I'm still waiting on Diddy and other hip hop celebs to get some balls and come out.

This is what bothers me.  Now that I think about it, I don't know too many black guys in this situation.  Is Obama gay? How about Montel? Or Jared Dudley.

When I think about it, Grant Hill is suspect as heck, along w/ Jared Dudley.  All that time G.Hill spent nursing his ankle in Orlando and rolling up on TMAC.  I can see it now.

What? it bothers you more black celebs arent openly gay? or arent being accused of being gay?

Originally Posted by ThrillaGorilla

This is my main gripe with gays.

Who gives a +$*% if mr anderson "my parents had money so I never had a tough day except when my crack head brother jumped off a roof" cooper is gay?
I mean he talk bout keepin his relationships and personal life private , then do just that.
U like balls then ok.
I mean is it cool for let's say... any straight male celeb who people think are gay to have press conf. Saying they are straight?
Or do we just wait to see them with a broad?

Just stop being what you hate anderson and take youhr man to a premier.
I really hope that you're under the age of 18. this is mad ignorant. First of all, he's a celebrity and a public figure so people care. He didn't have a press conference about it, he was just addressing an issues that people have inquired about for years. A lot of gays are bullied and persecuted and they gain confidence by seeing others take public stands like coming out. Also, someone like AC coming out might change peoples persecutions of gays. Are you 12?

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Who gives a +$*% if mr anderson "my parents had money so I never had a tough day except when my crack head brother jumped off a roof" cooper is gay?
I mean he talk bout keepin his relationships and personal life private , then do just that.
U like balls then ok.
I mean is it cool for let's say... any straight male celeb who people think are gay to have press conf. Saying they are straight?

to be fair, he didn't exactly schedule a press announcement here.  he wrote an e-mail to a friend and was asked if it could be published.  ideally, we shouldn't have to "come out", but you and i both know that in today's society it doesn't work like that.  speculation, rumors, expectations... they all wear on you after a while.

btw, the smugness of your post is so thinly-veiled it's laughable...
Anderson Cooper's whole point, which was largely missed since it seems everyone read the headline and kept it moving, was that he wanted to keep his private life separate from his professional/public life. And he's done that for the better part of two decades. He chose to come out publicly to quell any rumors or perceived notions that he had something to hide/to be ashamed of. And he chose to let his friend publish a private email between the two of them. Not exactly sure where the animosity coming from ThrillaGorilla is coming from. He's been an exemplary example of objective journalism and has never injected his own personal beliefs into his reporting. 
It's a damn shame people have to "come out" at all.

why does this matter again?
laugh.gif

This is old news.

The reason he never publicly addressed it is because he does work abroad in countries where homosexuality is persecuted/illegal. Coming out restricts how freely he can move.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

This is old news isn't it?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

This is old news.

The reason he never publicly addressed it is because he does work abroad in countries where homosexuality is persecuted/illegal. Coming out restricts how freely he can move.

This was a good move by Anderson. Like he said in his letter (which everyone should read) sometimes not addressing the issue does more harm than good. Even though he didn't want to expose his personal life like this, we're in a time where if gays want to gain the rights they deserve, they have to make themselves known.

also glad that some of you already addressed the trash that ThrillaGorilla wrote.

Not a surprise at all but his sexuality never mattered to me, he's one of the best journalists around and maybe his coming out will have some kind of positive effect for some kid still hiding their sexuality.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

U like balls then ok.

to be fair, he didn't exactly schedule a press announcement here.  he wrote an e-mail to a friend and was asked if it could be published.  ideally, we shouldn't have to "come out", but you and i both know that in today's society it doesn't work like that.  speculation, rumors, expectations... they all wear on you after a while.

btw, the smugness of your post is so thinly-veiled it's laughable...
Anderson Cooper's whole point, which was largely missed since it seems everyone read the headline and kept it moving, was that he wanted to keep his private life separate from his professional/public life. And he's done that for the better part of two decades. He chose to come out publicly to quell any rumors or perceived notions that he had something to hide/to be ashamed of. And he chose to let his friend publish a private email between the two of them. Not exactly sure where the animosity coming from ThrillaGorilla is coming from. He's been an exemplary example of objective journalism and has never injected his own personal beliefs into his reporting. 
It's a damn shame people have to "come out" at all.
You have to understand how old a large segment of the people you're talking to are. Well, not understand, because ignorance isn't determined by age, but acknowledge.

The world doesn't need to know about this. If you're gay, okay cool, but keep it to your cotdamn self.

Back
Top Bottom