Announcing album leaks will get you banned.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by rare23

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Can you explain to me how my argument has been ripped to shreds?
It's very simple.
I judge rappers based on commercial success since to me that kind of success is indicative of being a better person that has something more than just lyrical ability.
You judge rappers based on lyrical ability.
Two different scales. Doesn't mean what you say is more valid then what I say.
The End.
why dont u judge rappers off the music they put out? sales dont mean that much... so selling records makes u a better person?

no wonder the word is so ++#+$* up... these young dudes are %@+#+*% crazy...

having more money makes u a better person is what ur saying pretty much... and thats a problem that goes waaaaaaaay past music... ur parents suck
You're a moron. When did I say anything about money?
Maybe I meant in the sense that they have something called charisma which makes them more likable.

You dudes don't even know how to argue. You rip @+%@ out of context and twists words around.
ol' bill o'reily type dudes.
smh.gif
Commercial success =/= charisma

I don't get why'd you judge rappers on commercial success instead of the music they put out...that's that 50 Cent mindset there.
laugh.gif
That's a different discussion though. That's about my personal preference for commercially successful rappers.
I didn't say charisma was commercial success. I'm simply mentioning it as one of the character traits that a successful rapper usually has.
Commercial success = being mainstream and having the largest possible following. Sure when you're at that point you make a lot of money, but i'mapplauding the fact that their individual character traits have got them to the point where they sparked interest in a wide audience. It makes them that muchof a better person/rapper.

Why don't ya'll stop arguing about this and that and take it somewhere else.

This is an official Eminem Relapse topic, not who's the best rapper or whatever the **** ya'll talkin' about thread.

laugh.gif
mad ayo

Judging them off how charismatic they are, "character traits" and how many people like them as if it has anything to do with their rap skills. Ithought that was exactly what girls did. You can say better.... "entertainers"... maybe. Make better music though ? No.

Majority of people would rather hear Lil Boosie at a party than Illmatic... is Lil Boosie's trash better music though ? Absolutely not.

Originally Posted by M16

laugh.gif
mad ayo

Judging them off how charismatic they are, "character traits" and how many people like them as if it has anything to do with their rap skills. I thought that was exactly what girls did. You can say better.... "entertainers"... maybe. Make better music though ? No.

Majority of people would rather hear Lil Boosie at a party than Illmatic... is Lil Boosie's trash better music though ? Absolutely not.

For once I actually agree with you.

Adderall + arguing in the music forum is like finding the corner in a circle.
I'm done. Chuuuch.

Eminem basically said that he took a different kind of Dre beat for every track, and wanted to experiment with different flows on different beats...I thinkthat's why we got the slight off-beat rhyming on We Made You and the multi-flow on a slower style beat like 3AM.

The album will be different and i guarantee people will be haterating hard when it drops.

This dude rare23 is an idiot. How you gonna try and group me or label me as an underground dude? I love hip hop period whether it be mainstream or undergroundit doesn't matter. I'm judging it on the quality of the music. Then you gonna try and tell me what I'm arguing, %%!#% you serious? Then you gonnahave the nerve to say you judge who the better rapper is based on commercial success. What is commercial success if not sales and getting radio spins? whatelse winning an award?
laugh.gif

You really trying to say that if you take any 2 rappers the one with more commercial success is the better one?
indifferent.gif
You a clown and you need to reevaluate how you listen to hip hop music.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

This dude rare23 is an idiot. How you gonna try and group me or label me as an underground dude? I love hip hop period whether it be mainstream or underground it doesn't matter. I'm judging it on the quality of the music. Then you gonna try and tell me what I'm arguing, %%!#% you serious? Then you gonna have the nerve to say you judge who the better rapper is based on commercial success. What is commercial success if not sales and getting radio spins? what else winning an award?
laugh.gif
I wasn't even targeting you when I quoted you. Learn to read.
You really trying to say that if you take any 2 rappers the one with more commercial success is the better one?
indifferent.gif
And here you are demonstrating the same logical flaw as these other dudes.
Just because I look for something else in the artists I listen to than you does not make your opinion anymore valid than mine.
It's all personal preference. Just like you prefer to write "2" instead of "two"; I'm not bashing you for it but at the same timeits not something I would do.

This dude rare23 is an idiot. How you gonna try and group me or label me as an underground dude? I love hip hop period whether it be mainstream or underground it doesn't matter. I'm judging it on the quality of the music. Then you gonna try and tell me what I'm arguing, %%!#% you serious? Then you gonna have the nerve to say you judge who the better rapper is based on commercial success. What is commercial success if not sales and getting radio spins? what else winning an award?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Just because I look for something else in the artists I listen to than you does not make your opinion anymore valid than mine.
It's all personal preference. Just like you prefer to write "2" instead of "two"; I'm not bashing you for it but at the same time its not something I would do.

We understand you are looking at something different, our point is what you are looking at (charisma/commercial success) has little to nothing to do withmusical quality. Thus, you saying someone is a better rapper.... just because they are more popular.... does not make sense.

Popularity =/= Skill.

By equating the two you get a twisted world where Nelly and 50 cent are judged as "better rappers" than Rakim and Kool G Rap. You probably have noproblem saying that's true... but any reasonable rap fan would burst out laughing if you said something that stupid. Nelly and 50 cent would call youstupid for even mentioning them in the same sentence as true living rap legends.

If you already using their own personality traits as indicators of skill, the only thing left is to come out the closet and go all the way by judging rappersby how attractive they are and how they dress.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by M16

Too make it easier for you to understand, rare23 feels that 50 Cent's The Massacre is better than Scarface's The Diary and The Fix combined. It doesn't matter if he heard Scarface or not, in fact, he probably thinks we are talking about Scarface the movie right now

Why ? It sold more and was more popular.

Do you agree with this logic ?

anyway here's my top 5:

1. Big L
2. Kool G Rap
3. Big Pun
4. Rakim
5. KRS-One

U having Big L number 1 on your list is just as laughable as someone saying eminem is number 1 on their list...

Just stop. Big L is the undisputed GOAT with the closest competitor being G Rap. Who is your GOAT ? Big L would have torn him to shreds and embarrassed him on his own track.

and rare23... what is this you keep saying about "being a rapper = drawing crowds" .... Drawing crowds = appealing to people who have no business listening to rap. It doesn't make you good. For the record, paz has a huge underground and international following. When it comes to what really matters though, rappers who actually matter respect him. I don't care if a 13-14 year old kid is bumping vinnie paz out in suberbia somewhere... I simply care about quality music. Right now, I would even argue an inverse relationship between sales and quality... so if anything, drawing these kids around you means you ARE good... at making bad music. Perfect example is your boy Cam. He was rapping alongside Big L ad holding it down one day... then sells out and makes trash the next. What happens ? His record sales sky-rocket.

Big L is not even top 30...
He is a punchline rapper whos %!$% sounds dated...
dude had 1 album (while he was alive) and that %!$% was good...at best...(it was 95 and the album sounds like it was made in 92)
and don't give me that he is the first punch line rapper %!$%...dude got his whole style from Lord Finese...who's better than him...
and that horrorcore %!$% just sounds soooo corny today...
u know that *##+% isent number 1...I just think u want to be differnt so u mention a dude whos stock went up after he died...
Somebody that is a great rapper...and under appreciated while he was alive...but doesnt belong next to the Rakims, Kool G raps, Nas, Kane, Jays, etc....

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
It's all personal preference. Just like you prefer to write "2" instead of "two"; I'm not bashing you for it but at the same time its not something I would do.

Which parts? The part where you referred to me as one of these "underground dudes"? or the part where you told me what I'm arguing? As for the other part it just further showed me your arrogance andignorance when it comes to forming an opinion on a MC.

We understand you are looking at something different, our point is what you are looking at (charisma/commercial success) has little to nothing to do with musical quality. Thus, you saying someone is a better rapper.... just because they are more popular.... does not make sense.
QFT

Originally Posted by M16

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

We understand you are looking at something different, our point is what you are looking at (charisma/commercial success) has little to nothing to do with musical quality. Thus, you saying someone is a better rapper.... just because they are more popular.... does not make sense.

Popularity =/= Skill.

By equating the two you get a twisted world where Nelly and 50 cent are judged as "better rappers" than Rakim and Kool G Rap. You probably have no problem saying that's true... but any reasonable rap fan would burst out laughing if you said something that stupid. Nelly and 50 cent would call you stupid for even mentioning them in the same sentence as true living rap legends.

You're still not getting it. Let me get on your level with the inequalities for a second.
Nelly and 50 Cent (even at this point) > Rakim and Kool G Rap
In terms of being a rapper.
At the height of their popularity, 9/10 people would rather listen to 50 or Nelly. That's just what it is.

Rakim and Kool G Rap > Nelly and 50 Cent
In terms of rapping. Cool, you appreciate lyrics... That's a niche market.

You pick what you listen to based on who raps better. I pick what I listen to based on who's the better rapper. Flatline.

Oh, and this little bit...
If you already using their own personality traits as indicators of skill, the only thing left is to come out the closet and go all the way by judging rappers by how attractive they are and how they dress.

You gonna question my sexuality?
You seen me with chicks...
You on the other hand
roll.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Too make it easier for you to understand, rare23 feels that 50 Cent's The Massacre is better than Scarface's The Diary and The Fix combined. It doesn't matter if he heard Scarface or not, in fact, he probably thinks we are talking about Scarface the movie right now

anyway here's my top 5:

1. Big L
2. Kool G Rap
3. Big Pun
4. Rakim
5. KRS-One

U having Big L number 1 on your list is just as laughable as someone saying eminem is number 1 on their list...

Just stop. Big L is the undisputed GOAT with the closest competitor being G Rap. Who is your GOAT ? Big L would have torn him to shreds and embarrassed him on his own track.

and rare23... what is this you keep saying about "being a rapper = drawing crowds" .... Drawing crowds = appealing to people who have no business listening to rap. It doesn't make you good. For the record, paz has a huge underground and international following. When it comes to what really matters though, rappers who actually matter respect him. I don't care if a 13-14 year old kid is bumping vinnie paz out in suberbia somewhere... I simply care about quality music. Right now, I would even argue an inverse relationship between sales and quality... so if anything, drawing these kids around you means you ARE good... at making bad music. Perfect example is your boy Cam. He was rapping alongside Big L ad holding it down one day... then sells out and makes trash the next. What happens ? His record sales sky-rocket.

dude had 1 album (while he was alive) and that %!$% was good...at best...(it was 95 and the album sounds like it was made in 92)
and don't give me that he is the first punch line rapper %!$%...dude got his whole style from Lord Finese...who's better than him...
u know that *##+% isent number 1...I just think u want to be differnt so u mention a dude whos stock went up after he died...
Somebody that is a great rapper...and under appreciated while he was alive...but doesnt belong next to the Rakims, Kool G raps, Nas, Kane, Jays, etc....

Lifestylez is top 5 all time. He could rap with every single name you mentioned and outshine them... even murder them in some cases (Jay-Z)

rare23 wrote: At the height of their popularity, 9/10 people would rather listen to 50 or Nelly. That's just what it is.

You pick what you listen to based on who raps better. I pick what I listen to based on who's the better rapper. Flatline.

laugh.gif

and
You on the other hand
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I think we are done here.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

anyway here's my top 5:

1. Big L
2. Kool G Rap
3. Big Pun
4. Rakim
5. KRS-One

Lifestylez is top 5 all time. He could rap with every single name you mentioned and outshine them... even murder them in some cases (Jay-Z)

rare23 wrote: At the height of their popularity, 9/10 people would rather listen to 50 or Nelly. That's just what it is.

laugh.gif

and
You on the other hand
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I think we are done here.

+%+!* please...that album aint even top 5 of that year...and your right he can rap wit all those names but so can Kiss and so can Eminem...and none of them aretop 10...

Kiss and Em aren't even in L's league so just stop. First we have a dude say 50 Cent and Nelly are better rappers than Kool G Rap and Rakim (
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
)
Now Lifestylez isn't top 5 of '95 ? I don't even know why I post here anymore.

I can make stupid claims too...

The song my friend made on his myspace >>>>>> Wu-Tang Clan's collective group/solo discography because he had a 2 second Big L sample onit off Lifestylez.

Back
Top Bottom