Announcing album leaks will get you banned.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

He's gonna do his numbers off skin color alone
but V.Paz is the same color
laugh.gif

The thing is Vinnie isn't already mainstream. Most Em fans can't name another white rapper.. let alone two or three. Look at his global sales... and the markets he tapped into here in the U.S that no rapper of any other race could (no matter how skilled they are) just because he was white and could "relate" to the audience on that level... that's just the truth, no denying it.
That's a poor excuse...Em started from that same underground that Vinnie has been stuck in for that last 75 years...You honestly don'tthink Kanye or Wayne haven't tapped a ton of markets themselves? Why can't Vinnie tap those markets? Why can't Asher? Why can't Paul Wall? Whycan't Aseop Rock? Bubba Sparxx? Everlast? Lil Wyte? Slug? R-Mean? One-2? MC Serge?

This theory of Eminem's success being generated from him being white is ridiculous, all those rappers and Em's the only one worth jack? How aboutit's less that he's white and more that he has unmatched combination of wordplay, rhyming scheme, flow, sylabell usage, subject matter, creativitey,and to top it off he's had his occasional stuggles that led to his messed up head lol. I think all that = his appeal...Also, at the beginning, him beingwhite hurt him too, dudes were passing him off at first, ultimately it helped him out, but it had it's knocks too...But you wouldn't last in the gameas long as he has and done as much as he has off the fact that you're white alone, the whole he's white and raps omg, shock value wears off after abit.

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

He's gonna do his numbers off skin color alone
but V.Paz is the same color
laugh.gif

The thing is Vinnie isn't already mainstream. Most Em fans can't name another white rapper.. let alone two or three. Look at his global sales... and the markets he tapped into here in the U.S that no rapper of any other race could (no matter how skilled they are) just because he was white and could "relate" to the audience on that level... that's just the truth, no denying it.
That's a poor excuse...Em started from that same underground that Vinnie has been stuck in for that last 75 years...You honestly don't think Kanye or Wayne haven't tapped a ton of markets themselves? Why can't Vinnie tap those markets? Why can't Asher? Why can't Paul Wall? Why can't Aseop Rock? Bubba Sparxx? Everlast? Lil Wyte? Slug? R-Mean? One-2? MC Serge?

This theory of Eminem's success being generated from him being white is ridiculous, all those rappers and Em's the only one worth jack? How about it's less that he's white and more that he has unmatched combination of wordplay, rhyming scheme, flow, sylabell usage, subject matter, creativitey, and to top it off he's had his occasional stuggles that led to his messed up head lol. I think all that = his appeal...Also, at the beginning, him being white hurt him too, dudes were passing him off at first, ultimately it helped him out, but it had it's knocks too...But you wouldn't last in the game as long as he has and done as much as he has off the fact that you're white alone, the whole he's white and raps omg, shock value wears off after a bit.

I'll give him credit for being the most talented white MC in the mainstream, but this was only because he already sold out and did his best to appeal to aswide an audience as possible. Denying that him being white helped him is just short sighted. He bought in masses of other white fans who were never even intorap before both here and globally, and most of this was based on yes, his skill, but also because he was white. This gave him a kind of automatic buzz andfeeling of novelty and interest with fans and sky rocketed his sales.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Em isn't doing old Eminem numbers...yall can forget that....there is no chance..the music isn't there first of all.Secondly, times have changed.

Agreed. This +!$% doesn't have the same appeal it once had.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Old times sake is the best song so far
pimp.gif

Hate the voice though
smh.gif
Just heard it on thisis50 and I must say I'm dissapointed only because that voice... looking like the majority of the cd will have thatvoice..
smh.gif
eyes.gif

Are any more songs scheduled to be released before the album actually comes out? There are 4 currently out, right?

I hope Old Time's Sake is the last to be released, I want the rest of the album to be new.

sick.gif

not feeling any of the songs from relapse.

thought encore was bad... looks like we haven't seen the worst.

Em isn't doing old Eminem numbers...yall can forget that....there is no chance..the music isn't there first of all.Secondly, times have changed.

qft. I had to actually force myself to sit through the release tracks so far. Not a good look where as I can thrown on Marshall Mathers LP and still be amazedon some songs.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

qft. I had to actually force myself to sit through the release tracks so far. Not a good look where as I can thrown on Marshall Mathers LP and still be amazed on some songs.
This is what I been thinking all along when this thread began.. True, Em got his white fanbase but this album isn't gonna sell as well aseveryone thought in the beginning

"Old Time's Sake" is OK. Good song. Listened to it a couple times already. Not a #1 smash or anything but it's above average. Saying it'sbetter than most stuff out isn't saying much, but it is. And to the person who asked, they're leaking one more single next week called"Beautiful" before releasing the album on the 19th.

I thought this whole album was going to be more of a "Slim Shady" album, hence the wacky/cartoony (annoying) voice that he uses. I thought that wasthe whole premise of this CD.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

qft. I had to actually force myself to sit through the release tracks so far. Not a good look where as I can thrown on Marshall Mathers LP and still be amazed on some songs.
Really?

I find EM Show to be 10x more amazing than MMLP.

-The Juice

interesting read from MTV.com

May 4 2009 2:15 PM EDT

[h1]Eminem Admits He 'Almost Died' From Drug Overdose[/h1] [h2]MC says Relapse LP is first time he's recorded sober in 'seven years.'[/h2]
By Shaheem Reid

[table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Eminem almost died.

The iconic MC tells Vibe magazine in its forthcoming issue that during a relapse, he overdosed on pills he acquired from an "acquaintance" and almost became one of music's greatest casualties.

"My doctor told me those mysterious new pills were methadone, which is used to wean heroin addicts off dope," he told the mag in its forthcoming "Real Rap" issue.

"Had I known it was methadone, I probably wouldn't have taken it. But as bad as I was back then, I can't even say 100 percent for sure. My doctor told me the amount of methadone I'd taken was equivalent to shooting up four bags of heroin. Even when they told me I almost died, it didn't click."

Em admitted to the publication that he was an addict and through his uncontrolled dependence, he began to identify with his mother, with whom he's had several public battles over the last decade.

"It's no secret I had a drug problem," he said. "If I was to give you a number of Vicodin I would actually take in a day? Anywhere between 10 to 20. Valium, Ambien, the numbers got so high I don't even know what I was taking."

After suffering a knee injury that required surgery, he was not prescribed painkillers, which led him to search his house for drugs he'd hidden.

"I started looking around my house to see if I had a stash box of Vicodin," he said. "I'm ransacking my house, finally find something in the basement, in a little napkin, seven and a half Vicodin - the big extra-strength ones - and a few Valium." He relapsed, and soon admitted he was an addict.

"It never once hit me that drug addiction runs in my family," he said. "Now that I understand that I'm an addict, I definitely have compassion for my mother. I get it."

Eminem told the magazine that he's been sober for a year, and that making his forthcoming LP, Relapse, due May 19 - from which "Old Time's Sake," a new song featuring Dr. Dre, leaked on Monday (May 4) - "I wanted to make an overall statement - I'm back. It was a slow process. You gotta remember I hadn't recorded a song sober in seven years. So it took me awhile to even feel like I could record a song sober ... I don't know the last time I shot a video sober, without drinking or taking anything. It's been years.

"I almost feel like a little kid again with rap," he continued. "I wanna play around with different flows. If I don't feel like it's what I'm fully capable of, if there's one weak line, I wanna change it. Rap was my drug. It used to get me high and then it stopped getting me high. Then I had to resort to other things to make me feel that. Now rap's getting me high again."

"I almost feel like a little kid again with rap," he continued. "I wanna play around with different flows. If I don't feel like it's what I'm fully capable of, if there's one weak line, I wanna change it. Rap was my drug. It used to get me high and then it stopped getting me high. Then I had to resort to other things to make me feel that. Now rap's getting me high again."
and there it is

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

This album better not suck....

I say this everyday. When 3 AM came out I was confident that it would be a good album. Now that OTS dropped, I'm not so sure...

Back
Top Bottom