Another Earthquake in MD!!! EDIT: 5.8 in Virginia

I was taking a nap and felt it. I thought I was dreaming cause my room was shaking lol. That was pretty crazy

Originally Posted by oillusiveo

lol earthquake newbs.
Be gentle. It was our first earthquake. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I'm in Brooklyn with my grandparents...I walk into their bedroom and my grandma talking about the chandelier is shaking. She says a lot of stuff, but I look up and that %!%! is actually shaking! I thought it was paranormal activity. Heard people running out the building as well. My grandma talking about "if anything, put the money in a bag and run" to my grandpa
laugh.gif

Only found out it was a quake through my TL on twitter
laugh.gif

I'm in Southern Maryland and my whole building was shaking. No one really did anything. I though someone was moving something heavy.

laugh.gif
@ at these scared eastcoast dudes over a 6.0. We westcoast people don't get out of bed for anything lower than a 7.0.

Fb and twitter feeds blowin up right now. Kinda wish I was back home to feel it though.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

laugh.gif
@ at these scared eastcoast dudes over a 6.0. We westcoast people don't get out of bed for anything lower than a 7.0.
QFT

i bet if that 5.8 quake hit Cali, everyone would be like oh an earthquake? then go right back to what they were doing.

laugh.gif

Cut us some slack
laugh.gif
 i never experienced something like this before man i was sleeping too....scared the hell out of me thought a demolition company came

Damn so many NYC'ers are soft. I live in NYC and I was surprised when I felt it, but was also like
grin.gif
when it was over after like 4 seconds. Then I go on Facebook and all I see is "OMGGGGGGG EARTHQUAKEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"...man up guys. It was a 5.8 in Virginia but what we felt in NYC was like a 1.0 so stop being such b's
laugh.gif

I remember hearing on the history or discovery channel about huge fault lines on the east coast that are waaayy over due for serious movement.

Most of the earthquakes out here in the bay ive never even noticed. I just thought it was the garage door or a big truck driving by.

i heard on the news saying that we might get an aftershock they did tell people to take stuff down if it's stored in high places

you are a lame if you feel the need to tell somebody "our natural disasters are way more cooler than your natural disasters"

I felt some swaying in BK, caught me off guard but nothing serious.
Originally Posted by dland24

I think we can dead all those NY > CA comments because of earthquakes, thank you.

On a serious note, hope everyone and your families are all good.
It wasn't a NY earthquake though. It originated in VA and common sense would dictate we would feel some of the tremors as it dissipates given the magnitude of it. What goes down in CA is the foundation of your state slowly eroding and breaking away from the rest of the country until it sinks in the pacific.

So NY > CA

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

I thought i was losing my mind going thru that. PA resident. . .

I know same here thinking it was the stupid neighbors doing more construction work

Originally Posted by env

laugh.gif
QFT

i bet if that 5.8 quake hit Cali, everyone would be like oh an earthquake? then go right back to what they were doing.

Depends. I get up look around, see other co-workers looking around and then we all sit back down like it was nothing. Then I have other co-workers that panic, run downstairs and outside. lol

Originally Posted by env

laugh.gif
QFT

*#%%*%$ cosign.  I moved out to North Carolina last year, and everyone at work was saying, "we just had an earthquake!!"  All I said was, "we didn't have a *#%%*%$ earthquake."  I guess I was wrong because it looks like it hit in Virginia.  Anyway, my house was a few miles from the epicenter of the Northridge quake (parents still live there), and that +@*% was nuts.  This was nothing.

Back
Top Bottom