Another Hashtag: Not Even Safe In A Broken Down Car. Florida church drummer shot and killed by plain

I just don't understand how can this happen ? What the hell went down for dude to be killed ? :smh:

I really wish his friend stayed with him man.

Exactly. No one is going to make a big deal about it because it will be a quick story. Cop was wrong. Still has a job and not a day in jail. Never will I understand how a badge gives you the right to do whatever you want and somehow everyone should respect you.

That's why police are mostly sociopaths anyways. They know it's a good career fit for them. You ever been around a mob of angry police? **** is scary, anyone can get it for just being in the area and you know you can't fight back or you're ******.

The situation isn't going to get any better. Believe that.

Of course not. Who's going to change it? The people who put the plan in place in the beginning.

Can someone check his Facebook for weed or middle finger pictures? That'll let us know if he was at fault or not.

Or for pictures of him in a church choir? Or pictures of him graduating from 3rd grade? :nerd:

Or a video of him strong arm robbing a convenience store owner?

Corey Jones:

"He is a graduate of the University of Akron with degrees in business administration and music, and mentored at My Brothers Keeper, a mentoring organization for black youth"

Last edited:
Wait, so what facts do we know?

Since the cop and the victim were the only ones there, will we ever get the truth? Or will this be yet another case of cop kills someone and goes free?

"Officer Nouman Raja, who shot Jones, has been placed on paid administrative leave, as per department policy. The shooting is being investigated by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office."

Paid administrative leave,and his own team is "investigating".

Great. I love when cigarette companies do their own medical research too.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Civilian+Review+Boards

Civilian Review Boards
Civilian Review Boards
A municipal body composed of citizen representatives charged with the investigation of complaints by members of the public concerning misconduct by police officers. Such bodies may be independent agencies or part of a law enforcement agency.
Generally, the power of a civilian review board is restricted to reviewing an already completed internal police investigation, and commenting on it to the Chief of Police. Citizen review boards have not been very effective at causing reform, as they are often co-opted by the police department whose investigations they are supposed to review, and thus wind up agreeing with the police department in almost all instances.
Some of the newer civilian review board models, however, provide board members with investigatory as well as review authority. Some of these models contemplate that the board will conduct parallel investigations to supplement the internal affairs investigations. In a few localities, the review board has subpoena power and can force a police officer to testify. A few jurisdictions even grant sole investigatory power to their civilian review boards. But it is very rare for a civilian review board to have the final say as to the disposition of an investigation or discipline to be imposed on an officer. These ultimate decisions generally continue to be the province of the chief of police. Nonetheless, all civilian review boards with independent investigatory authority seem to have the power to make recommendations to the chief on disposition and discipline

Put this in place with the power to prosecute and sentence, require body and vehicle cameras,and let defense attorneys or public defenders prosecute the accused,and poof! police shootings magically drop to nearly nonexistent overnight.

Last edited:
Or a video of him strong arm robbing a convenience store owner?

Corey Jones:

"He is a graduate of the University of Akron with degrees in business administration and music, and mentored at My Brothers Keeper, a mentoring organization for black youth"

Point flew over your head. I don't give a damn what university he went to, I don't give a damn whether or not he does volunteer work on the weekends working with kids with bonitis. Two sides of these stories use the exact same tactics to promote their own PR agendas, the media eats it up and people fail to address these situations with any type of objectivity.

I don't disagree with you.

Cop's been placed on administrative leave

No dash camera or body camera

Cop claimed dude drew a gun

Chief corroborated the gun claim saying Jones purchased it three days prior

Internal review of actions taken

Rest In Peace to Corey Jones. Nothing more will come of this.

Unless this officer announced himself as a cop by verbalizing it or showing a badge, is it unreasonable for someone stranded on a freeway at night to be wary of some stranger approaching you? And not saying that this is what happened, but what if that stranger had a gun drawn while approaching you?

This seems to be a series of unfortunate events. But I feel like there has to be some blame on the cop. Plainclothes officers shouldn't be doing regular police work in the streets IMO. Way too many scenarios where the public is at a disadvantage by not knowing they're cops, such as what is presumed to have happened with this story.

Nothing will come from this, PBSO has been cosigning these killings for a while. There was a white kid that was killed by an officer a year or two back and that was shady as hell. Cop is back on the job.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_30331.shtml?wap=0

Once again... they will make this arrest a reason of criminalization despite the fact that it got dropped..

Cbs12 Investigates: Officer Raja And Corey Jones Once Faced Arrests

Story By Kathleen Walter/CBS12

CBS12 dug deeper into the backgrounds of Corey Jones and the Palm Beach Gardens police officer who fatally shot him, Officer Nouman Raja. 

In a document found in his personnel file with Palm Beach Gardens, Raja admitted he had been arrested at the age of 17 for a high school prank. 

Jones was arrested in 2007 for a weapons charge that was later dropped. 

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the officer-involved shooting that left Jones dead early Sunday morning. 

At a media conference on Tuesday, Palm Beach Gardens Police Chief Stephen Stepp said that a firearm was recovered on the ground at the scene by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. 

Chief Stepp said, “A handgun was found at the scene as was the box that it was purchased in. The serial number to the handgun matches one printed on the gun box. The gun box was found inside Corey Jones’ vehicle.” Stepp also said that Jones had purchased it only days before.

“Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Detectives have located paperwork which shows Mr. Jones purchased the handgun three days before the officer involved shooting,” Stepp said.

Ofc. Raja had stopped to investigate what he thought was an abandoned vehicle on an I-95 exit ramp in Palm Beach Gardens on Sunday morning after 3AM when a confrontation ensued with Jones. Stepp would not say what the confrontation was about citing it was the subject of an open investigation.

the cop hasn't had the cleanest past either...

The plainclothes police officer who shot dead a 31-year-old black man in southern Florida was threatened with suspension at his previous department after holding on to prescription drugs that he seized from a suspect.

Palm Beach Gardens officer Nouman Raja, who killed Corey Jones, was reprimanded by commanders at Atlantis police department for being “derelict in the performance of his duties” by repeatedly mishandling evidence and paperwork, according to his disciplinary file.

Pills confiscated by Raja from a woman who obtained them without a prescription in January 2013 were discovered in Raja’s patrol car more than a week later. “Officer Raja said he never did the report and he never secured the evidence,” his sergeant wrote in the file.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ficer-involved-had-previous-suspension-threat

So they story they're pushing is the cop pulls up on corey and says hey I'm a cop, and corey pulls gun on him out of the blue?

So this terrorist-looking cop kills a black man. You would think a minority cop wouldn't be as trigger happy to another minority.

Back
Top Bottom