any Audi A4 owners?

FYI, a ten-year old luxury car is not doing it.
You're so much better off with a cheaper, newer vehicle if you have a low budget for a vehicle.  You're doing it just for the name, and it's not a good move seeing how you probably won't be able to afford the inevitable repairs you're going to need if 10k is all you can put on a car..

I wouldn't do it, a lot of the newer German whips are plagued with issues. Consumer reports ranked BMW and Mercedes with terrible reliability marks. Way too much electric #$*# in them nowadays. I like luxury but at the same time i don't need all these gadgets and other $$#@%*%$ that you find in a lot of German cars.

I wouldn't do it, a lot of the newer German whips are plagued with issues. Consumer reports ranked BMW and Mercedes with terrible reliability marks. Way too much electric #$*# in them nowadays. I like luxury but at the same time i don't need all these gadgets and other $$#@%*%$ that you find in a lot of German cars.

That's not a bad deal, but would be curious as to why the mileage is so low. Audi's are good reliable cars. As long as you take care of the car it will take care of you. You could probably find one for a bit cheaper than that too. I would stick with the 1.8t version tho. It will save you more money on your gas and it still has some decent power.

That's not a bad deal, but would be curious as to why the mileage is so low. Audi's are good reliable cars. As long as you take care of the car it will take care of you. You could probably find one for a bit cheaper than that too. I would stick with the 1.8t version tho. It will save you more money on your gas and it still has some decent power.

i currently own one. a white 2003 audi a4 and its been fine ever since. it has 111k miles on it as we speak and still runs like a champ.

i currently own one. a white 2003 audi a4 and its been fine ever since. it has 111k miles on it as we speak and still runs like a champ.

The newer Audi's are great but a few of the older ones have some reliability issues.

The newer Audi's are great but a few of the older ones have some reliability issues.

Originally Posted by joegonzalez99

No.

Originally Posted by joegonzalez99

No.

I have an 04 B6 A4 1.8T and I Love it. Definitely a great car: good looking, good gas mileage, fun to drive, and the women digg it. My next car will be a B7 RS4.

As far as reliability goes, it all depends on how well it was maintained by the previous owner(s), and how well you maintain it. Bought mine used at 42k, I'm approaching 140k and it still runs like new. No major problems so far, just regular maintenance. As long as you keep it well maintained, you will be happy. Of course it will be more expensive to maintain than a Toyota or Honda, but I'm sure you already knew that about German cars. However, you can find all the DIY instructions for maintenance on the Audizine forum, and this will save you a lot of money. I learned how to do oil changes, coilpacks, sparkplugs, etc.... Doing my own oil changes I save about $70 every time and I change it every 3k-5k miles. That in itself shows you how much money you save just on oil changes.

If you're thinking about modding the engine, make sure to get a 1.8T because they can be heavily modded.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

I have an 04 B6 A4 1.8T and I Love it. Definitely a great car: good looking, good gas mileage, fun to drive, and the women digg it. My next car will be a B7 RS4.

As far as reliability goes, it all depends on how well it was maintained by the previous owner(s), and how well you maintain it. Bought mine used at 42k, I'm approaching 140k and it still runs like new. No major problems so far, just regular maintenance. As long as you keep it well maintained, you will be happy. Of course it will be more expensive to maintain than a Toyota or Honda, but I'm sure you already knew that about German cars. However, you can find all the DIY instructions for maintenance on the Audizine forum, and this will save you a lot of money. I learned how to do oil changes, coilpacks, sparkplugs, etc.... Doing my own oil changes I save about $70 every time and I change it every 3k-5k miles. That in itself shows you how much money you save just on oil changes.

If you're thinking about modding the engine, make sure to get a 1.8T because they can be heavily modded.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom