Any Golfers on NT?

Help me choose

$174

%24_57.JPG

or $156

%24_3.JPG

I saw that Nike bag at *****..looked nice in person

Anyone have Titleist AP1s? Strongly considering, going to hit some this weekend

Also, stupid question but when fitted for clubs does that have to happen prior to purchase? Or can clubs be altered like clothes?

Anyone have Titleist AP1s? Strongly considering, going to hit some this weekend

Also, stupid question but when fitted for clubs does that have to happen prior to purchase? Or can clubs be altered like clothes?
You'd wanna be fitted prior to purchasing... You can always have shafts swapped/shortened/lengthened after you but but if you weren't fit into the specific heads they might not be the ones for you.

You can also get lofts of the heads and lie angles adjusted after.
Too late, copped the Cobra bag... Okie St. Puma suit to follow.
I'm a Nike guy but that cobra bag is 
smokin.gif
 . Good choice!
We're all Nike guys. 
laugh.gif
  But I've always liked of Cobra stuff... Cobra logo is 
pimp.gif
 to me.  Plus orange is my favorite color.

We're all Nike guys. :lol:   But I've always liked of Cobra stuff... Cobra logo is :pimp:  to me.  Plus orange is my favorite color.

True that :lol: I like the color blocking more on the Cobra bag than the Nike bag. They put that volt/greenish color on everything. If they would switch out that volt with orange, it would make the bag look 10x better imo.

Anybody notice John Daly's round this week? - broke his career mark with a 90. Brutal. Mostly spoiled with a 12 on the 16th.

Final question on this club fitting. Big deal or worth it for a guy that plays 7-10 rounds a year? Shoots in the high 80s or low 90s? I just don't want to waste my money of it won't help my game that significantly

Last edited:
Final question on this club fitting. Big deal or worth it for a guy that plays 7-10 rounds a year? Shoots in the high 80s or low 90s? I just don't want to waste my money of it won't help my game that significantly

In all honesty it depends on several different things. The first one is where are you going to get fitted? If you're going to do it at like a local big box golf shop then honestly I don't think it's worth it. I did my club fitting years ago from a local clubfitter. He's moved around from different shop to different shop but I've always gone to him to do my club repairs / modifications because he's seen my swing throughout the years and knows what kind of adjustments I need on my clubs and can make recommendations on what golf clubs I should hit and try out when I want to switch (and there are times where he says I absolutely should not switch so he doesn't care about making a sale off of me).

I shoot anywhere from 80-95 but I don't think scores tell the true story. Here's a question for you, if you hit a bad shot are you going to wonder if it's the club or if it's the swing? For me, the good (or most frustrating thing depending on your point of view) is that when I hit a bad shot, I most certainly cannot complain about the clubs because they are the exact clubs I wanted to buy at my exact specifications. IMO, the approach to golf can be looked at in several different ways. Rather than trying to score the lowest possible by hitting the best shot, I try to approach the game now with trying to make the lease amount of mistakes. As a result of this, one thing I must certainly be able to rely upon is my equipment which needs to be fit to my own game.

Great post. It's odd, with my driver and woods I sometimes feel like it is the club at times. With my irons I rarely, if ever feel that way. When I have a mis hit or it pulls off course I can almost immediately pinpoint what I did wrong. Def something I'll contemplate

Great post. It's odd, with my driver and woods I sometimes feel like it is the club at times. With my irons I rarely, if ever feel that way. When I have a mis hit or it pulls off course I can almost immediately pinpoint what I did wrong. Def something I'll contemplate

If that is to be the case, then I would suggest you get fit for a driver and fairway woods. And depending on your location, I would find a clubfitter / repairer to do the fitting. Finding a fit for a driver I think is actually the easiest of all the clubs. But fairway woods (and hybrids and irons) have a lot to do with how you strike the ball and the turf interaction between the club and the ground during impact. Best of luck.

Edit: And if you can, try to find a fitter that fits you OUTDOORS so you can see the full flight of your shots. What you THINK is a good shot versus what is a good shot on the monitor can be two VERY different looks in real life. In my case, even though all the equipment in the world tells me that I'm hitting an amazing ball (numbers wise) on the launch monitors, the real on course experience shows me a shot that I am unhappy with (usually the peak of the ball flight is too low). While I attribute this as not having enough launch angle and enough spin, it actually is not the case. So in my time with launch monitors, I actually look for a HIGHER spin number than what is considered "optimal" because when I'm out on the course, I like to see a higher peak in my ball's trajectory. This is why I think it's very crucial for you to find a fitter and to stick with them. EVERY TIME I go to a big box golf shop like Golfsmith, the idiot that works there tells me "oh you're spinning the ball too much, try this shaft or this club instead." I just look at them and politely say no thanks; if they try to continue to harass me trying to make a sale, I'll put them in their place and they usually get all butt hurt because I made them look like an idiot near the other 3 people trying out clubs and they lose a sale because of it.

Last edited:
I think I need to get new clubs to help me as well..I mean I suck, but really enjoy going out with my brother and friends...I'm 6' 5" and rocking this Wilson starter set I got last year....I feel like an old lady hunchback when using the irons :lol:

I think I need to get new clubs to help me as well..I mean I suck, but really enjoy going out with my brother and friends...I'm 6' 5" and rocking this Wilson starter set I got last year....I feel like an old lady hunchback when using the irons :lol:

Yeah getting clubs that are proper length and lie for you is gonna be EXTREMELY important. My club guy fits a lot of pro athletes and they usually need to go longer. But it isn't as long as you think, it often has to do with the length of your arms as well. I've seen Byron Scott get fit for a new driver with some length and shaft weight adjustments and it was night and day different.

Agree, club length certainly matters but lie and loft are important too. Don't forget that lie and loft can change over the years and your clubs should be remeasured and adjusted occasionally. You don't always have to worry about price for such customization - golfdom for example where I bought clubs 10+ years ago adjusted the clubs for free and would readjusted them for the life of the clubs for free as well.

Sucks Tiger is out for the Masters...

How many of you guys have been to a PGA tour Sunday? Do you just buy a ticket and get to walk anywhere whenever you want? I'm debating getting some tickets to the U.S. Open in Pinehurst...just don't know exactly how it works. Any input is appreciated

Sucks about Tiger, I have some serious concerns about his health and future :smh:

Side note I was bored and watched a 40min doc on the 86 masters. The freakin Bear :smokin :smokin

Our league starts on the 15th.... It has been a LONG winter in Michigan... Ground has been frozen and covered since Thanksgiving.... My body is ready

I saw that Nike bag at *****..looked nice in person

My brother has the Nike. The nice thing is that the front top pocket is magnetic so you can flip it up and over the strap on the cart. Needs a separate putter well though.

Back
Top Bottom