Any Golfers on NT?

Has anyone ever attended a PGA tour event? Thinking of buying passes to the Deutchebank championship for me and my dad for fathers day. Had them last year and couldnt make it unfortunately.

If so, whats it like? How was the experience?

If you need balls...

Srixon buy 2 get 1 free

25% discount taken at cart

Use code ULTIMATE for additional 5% off

Use shopathome for 4% cashback

Add free 6 ball sleeve of bullet ball

Refund sports illustrated subscription for $20 rebate

Hope you're not in ny/va or else there's tax (unlucky for me)

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/srixon-golf-2013-z-star-golf-balls.html 

Great deal for these balls.

I saw someone got 9 dozen for like $140. Pissed they ran out of these already. Amazing deal. Probably going to get some from DSG, they've got great sales going on too.

Man I wanted to stock up on balls too. Oh well. Bjm my brother has gone to events and says they are great, I've never been

Got a membership to a club for "out of county" price for $100 for the year...It's only like a 20 minute drive from my house..$16 cart fee every time you play 18...$9.50 for 9 holes...Seems like a great deal to me :pimp:

I started about a year ago and got addicted so fast. Golf is now my crack. I just hate that it takes up so much of my money -_-

Just wondering, how long did it take you all to become consistent with your impact and swing form?

I started about a year ago and got addicted so fast. Golf is now my crack. I just hate that it takes up so much of my money -_-

Just wondering, how long did it take you all to become consistent with your impact and swing form?

I played baseball practically my whole life until after senior year of HS. Dabbled here and there with the golf, always had a love for it. Once I figured out baseball was coming to an end, I picked golf up full-time. Honestly done all of my learning through Youtube videos of pros swings, and by playing with better players. The better players you are around, the more you learn from them, the more likely you can help from those that helped the better players get to where they've gotten. I did that through getting a job at a local golf course four years ago, and since then I've gone from a mid-80s to a 2 handicap at the moment. I am finishing up my college degree next week, and am prepping to take the next year or two to play in tournaments and continue improving to potentially pursue playing professionally. I'm been recommended to do so by club pros in my area who see I have the ability and once I am able to completely focus on golf they believe I can take the next step to getting drastically better. Wanted to do it sooner, but I wanted to finish my degree up which I am close to doing. Keep it fun, don't be afraid to play with better players. It's the best way to go!

^ dude that's awesome good luck, 2 handicap that's crazy good

I usually shoot high 80's been playing consistently for about 3 years now but also played baseball thru high school. Dabbled when I was younger but started to get a lot better when I started playing once a week now

Hoping Pinehurst #2 makes this weekend exciting... Weather should be muggy and warm to help add to the difficulty... Should be a fun next 4 days

If you need balls...

Srixon buy 2 get 1 free

25% discount taken at cart

Use code ULTIMATE for additional 5% off

Use shopathome for 4% cashback

Add free 6 ball sleeve of bullet ball

Refund sports illustrated subscription for $20 rebate

Hope you're not in ny/va or else there's tax (unlucky for me)

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/srixon-golf-2013-z-star-golf-balls.html  

Great deal for these balls.
I saw someone got 9 dozen for like $140. Pissed they ran out of these already. Amazing deal. Probably going to get some from DSG, they've got great sales going on too.
Yo I went to ***** yesterday and picked up 6 dozen for like $95... buy 2 get 1 then 25% off additional.

might go back for more by saturday.

Harris English is my U.S. Open pick this year. Expecting Schwartzel, Day, and "Lefty" to finish top-10.

Has anyone ever attended a PGA tour event? Thinking of buying passes to the Deutchebank championship for me and my dad for fathers day. Had them last year and couldnt make it unfortunately.

If so, whats it like? How was the experience?
I'll let you know next week. Headed to CT for Travelers. Also my first PGA Tour event.

Last time i attended an event was the AT&T Pro Am at Pebble Beach and that was way back when Tiger would play there every year lol. But they do seem a lot of fun especially if you enjoy watching some good golf. Finally got out to play the local muni last week, but man its just been way too hot to walk 18 holes.

Yo I went to ***** yesterday and picked up 6 dozen for like $95... buy 2 get 1 then 25% off additional.

I believe the total price should be around 135 for 6 dozen..... you may have gotten fortunate with the store ringing it up incorrectly. I'd wanna go try myself but I doubt it would work out best for me. These are the balls I do play as well. IF you are successful with this again, I might have to PM you for some help. Would love these at this price, amazing deal.

2 handicap is not good enough to be a pro. No offense. Get a job and use golf to network and politic with big wigs at the office. Trying to make money golfing is a horrible idea. People gassing you are fools IMO

I believe the total price should be around 135 for 6 dozen..... you may have gotten fortunate with the store ringing it up incorrectly. I'd wanna go try myself but I doubt it would work out best for me. These are the balls I do play as well. IF you are successful with this again, I might have to PM you for some help. Would love these at this price, amazing deal.
Yea you can still get them at the 134 if you want em... even pay with paypal on DSG.com and then do in store pickup for them.

She definitely jacked up my order, my receipt never made it to my email either which I'm sorta pissed about because I want to see what they did.

Yea you can still get them at the 134 if you want em... even pay with paypal on DSG.com and then do in store pickup for them.

She definitely jacked up my order, my receipt never made it to my email either which I'm sorta pissed about because I want to see what they did.

I hear you. I'm going to wait another day to see if the RBG deal is available again, if it doesn't, I have a DSG and a Golf Galaxy minutes from me and I'll just grab 3 dozen for 67.

Wow. That's a pretty special US Open right there. Fowler's best ever major finish and tying with homie who has received two heart transplants 
nthat.gif

Homie Kaymer straight shut it down for four days straight. 

Wow. That's a pretty special US Open right there. Fowler's best ever major finish and tying with homie who has received two heart transplants :nthat:

Homie Kaymer straight shut it down for four days straight. 
Kaymer surprised me with his mental endurance over four rounds of sublime golf. Thought he would fold and post an 80 Saturday or Sunday.

legit except for a few whiffs when i got stuck in some weeds :lol: had a few 8 and 9s which really threw things off.

my advice for lowering your score when you are starting out, is to definitely work on your short game (chipping/putting)

Make sure you take your time on the greens, mark your ball and get a good read whenever you can

Place your ball back on the spot with an aiming point on top of the ball, focus on that spot and don't move your head (and get excited to watch the ball roll before you hit it)

You will be surprised with how many strokes you save when you are able to 2-putt most of the time instead of 3-putt

great tips man, thanks. surprisingly, my chipping game is decent. putting could be worked on.

my issues lie in topping the ball with my irons and it dribbling 20 yards or slicing the **** out of my drives. i know on my drives im not turning over my wrists enough so the face of the club is staying way open, i just have to work on turning over.

any tips for... not topping the ball? like what i might be doing negatively?

Topping the ball happens for a variety of reasons. The head could be moving, casting too early, break in the left arm assuming you're right handed, balance issues the list goes on and on. The quicker you can isolate where you're going wrong in the swing the quicker you can get the remedy. The funny thing about the golf swing is you're moving while trying to stay still at the same time, there's so many things to focus on it could drive most crazy. I find the easiest tip to give you without seeing your swing or anything is tempo. Struggling.? Slow the swing speed down and relax and you'll be surprised at how much you can focus on mechanics. Instead of trying to yam a ball swing 70-80 percent ya know.

Also, if you're a beginner and you're slicing, don't let that habit continue, do what you can to rectify the slice while you're swing is developing or you might find yourself getting into bad habits that are hard to break later down the road which takes a lot of practice to get out of( position I am currently in at the moment, wish I started addressing my slice sooner).

All in all go play and have fun doing it. A bad day at golf is better than any day at work mate. Hope that was somewhat helpful

Yeah definitely spend time around the greens chipping and putting... I've improved my chipping game a lot and I'm much more consistent now.

Back
Top Bottom