Any Golfers on NT?

ive had my scotty since i was 13!!! lol. still have it in the bag today
pimp.gif

sent it into the scotty shop to get it "re done"

Anyone use Cleveland CG 15's? Looking at buying one off of Callawaygolfpreowned.com for like 70 bucks... "Very good" condition.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Anyone use Cleveland CG 15's? Looking at buying one off of Callawaygolfpreowned.com for like 70 bucks... "Very good" condition.

not worth it at all.

1. cg15s arent all that great in spin
2. its used, wedges are really the only club i would never consider buying used. i want new so i can have have the most maximum possible amount of spin
3. that price is hella expensive. you can buy a cg15 for similarly priced NEW or you can buy other wedges that spin more for equal or similar value.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the TM Superfast and the Superfast 2.0? Looking at finally getting a new driver and just wondering what has been improved between the 2.

Yeah. Used wedges are the one thing I'll never buy. You can find some brand new older wedges for 70 bucks. Im partial to the old vr wedges or any of the callaways. Plus the guy the started Cleveland works for callaway so you know the wedges will be on point.

ecco-street-premier-golf-shoes-whiteroyal.jpg

pimp.gif
these and the new FJ street golf shoes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

idk why but all ive been thinking about today is golf!!
laugh.gif
and it sucks caused i sprained my ankle playing bball yesterday
mad.gif
hopefully by monday ill be able to hit the range

i NEED to get my game back...past year i havent been taking it seriously
moz-screenshot.jpg

I've decided I want to try to a driver with a smaller head.  After hitting a simulator, the driver was the only club I wasn't hitting flush.  Granted I'm sure my set up wasn't proper, but I'm starting to feel like I need a smaller head. 

So I'm open to all suggestions for a smaller driver head.  I currently game a Ping G10, which I LOVED the first couple seasons, but now I think I want a little something smaller.  So I'm just asking what my options might be.  Thanks for advance fellas.

A few pages back a few of us talked about going to a smaller CC head rather than a 460 CC head. A lot of OEMs are also making smaller heads aval to the public. Just depends on which clubs you like, and which driver fits your game the best. try to get to a certified club fitter, and or a demo day so you can check a few out. Right now im playing a 440 cc head. I love it. I always felt like most 460 cc heads were too bulky for my taste. Didnt feel comfortable at address over those clubs..

i'm selling my r11 head....

Taylormade R11 head.... 10.5* loft
Comes with headcover, r11 wrench and R9 TP (335) tip
Used for 2 rounds and 2 range sessions
will NOT split anything up
Condition is excellent as can be seen in pics....

$325 shipped and paypal'd in CONUS

if you want pics, email me. but be serious about buying it. don't bother me just to see what it looks like.

my email is jinwoolee1219@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

A few pages back a few of us talked about going to a smaller CC head rather than a 460 CC head. A lot of OEMs are also making smaller heads aval to the public. Just depends on which clubs you like, and which driver fits your game the best. try to get to a certified club fitter, and or a demo day so you can check a few out. Right now im playing a 440 cc head. I love it. I always felt like most 460 cc heads were too bulky for my taste. Didnt feel comfortable at address over those clubs..

I feel the same way, I flush my hybrid and 3 wood, but the driver contact just isn't there. 

I always told myself that the next driver I get I'm going to get fitted for but I felt that the majority of companies were pushing out 460cc heads.  I know the Nike VR tour is a smaller head and the original R9 is, but other than that I'm clueless. 

What driver are you playing that is 440cc?

And K0be, if you're selling the R11, does that mean you're sticking with the VR tour?

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

I feel the same way, I flush my hybrid and 3 wood, but the driver contact just isn't there. 

I always told myself that the next driver I get I'm going to get fitted for but I felt that the majority of companies were pushing out 460cc heads.  I know the Nike VR tour is a smaller head and the original R9 is, but other than that I'm clueless. 

What driver are you playing that is 440cc?

And K0be, if you're selling the R11, does that mean you're sticking with the VR tour?

vr tour is a 420 cc and yes i'm going back to it.

the r11 is a 440cc driver. it's good, long and just as forgiving as a 460cc driver. its just that i'm way too comfortable with my vr tour driver like even after i was hitting a good drive with my r11, i kept thinking i could hit it easily the same as my vr tour.

in regards to the smaller head size. there are a couple things for you to consider if you want to go to a smaller driver head. forgiveness and rotational force.

first in regards to rotational force. even though 20-40cc isnt much, for me, it makes a considerable difference in terms of squaring the driver face back at impact.

second in regards to forgiveness, i've played way too many drivers to even care for anymore and here is what i've noticed. on off-center hits, the 460cc definitely allows you to hit the ball a further ways than a 420cc driver. a 440cc driver isn't nearly as noticeable in terms of difference but if you hit a half inch off the sweet spot on a 460cc vs a 420cc it's a noticeable difference. if you hit all over the face with a driver, i'd probably recommend to you a 460cc driver. if you hit it square in the middle, it doesn't really matter.

now that being said, you have to realize something, just because you hit the ball in the middle of the face, you may slice the ball off the face of the planet. believe me, i've done this a ton of times and here's why. i hit the ball flush like as if i was a div 1 college player. but because i can't square up the face of my driver in time, i push and/or slice the living daylights out of the golf ball. just hitting the ball straight can easily mean hitting the ball straight 30* off your target line. so if you decide to hit the ball with a smaller head, you really need to assess how you miss when you hit the ball. if you miss hit the ball off the toe or the heel, you should seriously consider moving to a 460cc head. if you can hit the ball flush (and i mean within a 1" diameter of the center of the club and you just cant rotate the driver head square through impact, then moving to a smaller head isn't a big problem.and probably would help. the r11 is a 440cc and i can honestly see companies that have 2 tiers of drivers to be selling a 440cc head for the players and a 460cc for the hackers.

I was playing an old Cobra 440sz Driver. Nothing could kick it out of the bag, until I hit the Adams Speedline 9064LS..its a bomber. Cant wait to take it to the course and see if the added distance is as much as I think it is, based off the results at the range.

Originally Posted by pootaing

Got my AP2's in today...How much would it cost to get them shortened about 3/4 of an inch?

Depends on where you go to get them..  When I got fitted for mine, I didnt have to pay a dime for and changes.  Directly from Titleist made to my specs.  I would check around, but  for the most part in my area its abt the same price at most places, give or take a few bucks.

Got my AP2's in today...How much would it cost to get them shortened about 3/4 of an inch?

being asian FTL

anyway. today i worked on putting more weight on my left side during impact....i was usually 65 35 in weight distribution...trying to get like 80 20. and staying connected thru the ball

i kinda was just swatting at it which was leading to some inconsistency...my ball flight was money
pimp.gif
looking forward to my next round

Hoping to find a Ping G15 with a Blueboard in it for cheap. Need a driver that spins a lot less and is more accurate. The 907d1 is not cutting it. Hope golfwrx has one going soon.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

being asian FTL
roll.gif

I bought them used at a pretty good price, but they are 3/4 inch over standard. 

tumblr_l1umiaWIFu1qal56ko1_250.gif

^

LOL wow. That gif...

If they are just extended with plugs then a decent club maker could probably pull them while he re-grips your clubs for nothing. Depends on what mood they are in and if they did come from the factory stock like that.

Those AP2's are sweet clubs. Let me know what you think after you hit em!

Anybody have kbs shafts in there irons? I hit them yesterday with the ap2's and hated them...I like the ap2's to. Those shafts r not for me.

Thanks for the advice k0betw0 and Jwill.  I'm definitely going to check out some of the smaller drivers, although k0be got me scared that I won't be able to hit one
laugh.gif

^^^ No worries. There are so many different club selections on there, you are bound to find a combo that works well with your swing. I have a pretty decent swing, simple and compact, but still hit the ball a good distance. Its really all about find clubs that works best with you.

Went to the range sunday, and my irons were on point. I used to play a fade (well i didnt try to play one, thats just that was my swing was), I worked hard on improving my swing, now all I like to hit is draws.. Go figure. Got our Men's League Annual Meeting this friday, and our annual putting contest. Then our 1st tourny is next saturday. My game is Rusty.. Will be happy to shoot low 80s to start the season. 70s would be incredible
smile.gif

HW

never let anything/anyone scare you out of an experiment or trying something out. one thing I hate about the golf industry is that a persons experience or handicap supposedly dictates their entire bag.

you may be a great putter or iron player off the bat and never need game improvement shovels or cheap garage putters. try stuff out and get what feels good to you.

when I started out my iron play was actually very solid. I had people trying to get me into game improvement irons for a long time and I resisted because I hated the feel of cast irons and couldn't stand fat toplines. I never felt comfortable looking down at them. It was my driving and long clubs that got me in trouble and still do today along with my wedges. Look at your game objectively and break down where you need help and give your self an honest assessment of all parts of your game.

I have a friend who drives the ball incredibly well. Long and straight, plays a small headed driver. Ask him to chip, putt or hit a GIR and you might as well ask a chimp to read you a bedtime story.

Played my first 18 of the year today, first round with the AP2's also.

I played pretty bad, my swing was up and down, but when i did strike the ball well the AP2's felt like butter.

choking up on the club definitely through me off a little bit, but my swing wasn't all that fluid today either

AP2's definitely staying in the bag.

Back
Top Bottom