Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by AirJapan707

Originally Posted by bballah3

Just began my 30 day countdown to the best piece of golf in the world
happy.gif
pimp.gif
 Always wanted to play the Bandon courses. Is there anything else around the area or is it strictly a golf destination?

There is NOTHING around other than the town of Bandon  itself, which has a very interesting strip club
laugh.gif
.       Believe me though, when you go there, you dont want to do anything else but golf.  An unlimited range, a 9 hole par 3 course that is harder than nearly any other course Ive played plus 4 amazing golf courses. They are also in the works of building another par 3 course due to the high demand of the first one (which isnt open every day due to one side of the range hitting right into it).    Then you have the infamous Bunker Bar....its in the clubhouse and will stay open as late as you want to be there. Ive seen some huge cash poker games go down in that place (Saw a $1000 buy in once, $100, $200, $500 is normal it seems, although I dont play poker)

Really is great and worth every cent I spend when I go there.

happy.gif

If only the people I know were not so broke I would be playing down there. If your in Oregon this summer hit me up and we can play.

^ as high a green fee that is. It's still not bad considering pebble is $495. I've heard from people that have played both that it's really a toss up between pebble and Bandon.

always out on the course when the weather is nice out in san jose....my homie works at the course so i havent paid for golf in like 3 years

its really unfortunate that this combination works out so well yet is SCREAMS LOOK AT ME NOW.....

poseur.jpg

don't forget to wear your shades.....
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by k0betw0

its really unfortunate that this combination works out so well yet is SCREAMS LOOK AT ME NOW.....

poseur.jpg

don't forget to wear your shades.....
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Excellent ball choice sir, love those!

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Where do you get your equipment Kobetwo?

my clubfitter has deep ties with a lot of oems so i get to test a lot of crap. i just buy stuff on my own accord though these days. don't really need to buy tour issue stuff since my clubfitter can pretty much help me adjust and fit retail stuff to my needs.

I play to about an 11, haven't been able to test the AP2's yet but do you think i'll be able to play these moderately well?

Also, any major differences between the 710's and the 2008 versions?

Originally Posted by pootaing

I play to about an 11, haven't been able to test the AP2's yet but do you think i'll be able to play these moderately well?

Which AP2's? The current model or the ones that had the stock project X? Either way I think you would be just fine with them. The AP2 is an amazing set of irons and fits a wide range of players. I've seen single and mid cappers that all love the forgiveness and playability. I miss my set, however what just came in the mail last week has me smiling.

with my budget, im most likely looking at the 08 versions with px 5.5/6.0

from my understanding it isnt worth an upgrade to the 710

I got the 710's last year, and absolutly LOVE THEM..!  I was playing at a 15, and had no problems with them.  I am at a 10 now, and actually looking to get some blades from 5 iron and up.   I think it really just depends on how comfortable you feel.  But I love my AP2's, just wanting to go to a blade to force myself to improve.  sure my scores may suffer at first, but I am all abt getting better.. I am sure you can find a place to demo them.  That is key to buying any clubs.  They gotta fit YOUR game.   If you get them, tell us what you think,

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

happy.gif

If only the people I know were not so broke I would be playing down there. If your in Oregon this summer hit me up and we can play.
I am in Oregon and I would be down.  None of my friends would be willing to pay even $100 for golf let alone the price for Bandon, but I have been wanting to get down there for the longest time.  Need to work on my game some but I would be down to go sometime this summer.

with my budget, im most likely looking at the 08 versions with px 5.5/6.0

from my understanding it isnt worth an upgrade to the 710

I had those same 08 versions and loved them. The newer ones have 1 degree less bounce, which might make a slight difference depending on how you strike the ball. I'm a huge fan of project x so I loved my 08's. I actually sold them to my friend and he loves them even more. He played Cleveland and Taylormade for the longest and you should have seen his face when he hit them.

Like others have said, as you improve you can always add a set of blades to the set. I have seen plenty of single digits that play the AP2 all through the bag, Most of the time they just get a vokey or other wedge to replace the PW.

Fairly new to golf, just started playing last summer.

I enjoy reading about the new and different types of equipment.

What is the difference between blades and cavity back irons?

Also where are some good sites to get info on the different types of shafts available?

Any info is appreciated.

Blades are for low handicap players. They require a lot of skill to hit, but allow you to work the ball. Cavity back irons are for higher handicappers and are more forgiving on mis hits, and helps get the ball in the air faster. As far as shafts go I'm Not very knowledgeable but I'm sure you could just go down to your local golf shop and have your swing tested to find the right shafts and lofts for your swing.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Also where are some good sites to get info on the different types of shafts available?

Any info is appreciated.
Do yourself a HUGE favor and get fitted. You don't want to start learning and altering your golf swing with equipment that doesn't fit your swing. 

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Any info is appreciated.
Do yourself a HUGE favor and get fitted. You don't want to start learning and altering your golf swing with equipment that doesn't fit your swing. 
Part 1.

Blades are a club that has almost no weighting to the back of it. This makes the club more maneuverable.

However the lack of weight may mean that you will lose distance and for a person who isn't as skilled, mi****s that go nowhere are a killer.

A cavity back iron will have some more weight to it, most likely pushed out to the edges of the head. The head should also be bigger than a set of blades.

Part 2.

@Poo

Most places like Golf Galaxy offer free fittings for iron sets, however the quality of service your going to get is hit and miss. For a beginner I'd recommend just buying a used set after some research and investing in lessons. I know it sounds like an elitist statement, but a lesson and a good relationship with a pro can lead you to a better fitting in the long run.

You can do a basic fitting online just to determine what length and lie you might need and then start your search.

I just remember when I first started I did one of those fittings and I had a swing that was completely different just a few years later. If I had to do it over I would have taken the advice I'm giving now.

Well he said he had been playing for a year, so i figured he at least had the fundamentals of his swing developed

When starting out, put your money into getting lessons from a good PGA certified instructor. some ppl can learn to become a good golfer without a coach/insructor, but those are the exception to the rule. Do it early in your golf game, this way you are not engraining bad habits that later you'll struggle to break. In all honesty if you are miss hitting most shots, it really doesnt matter if you hitting a big named brand club, or some no named brand. When I first started getting into golf, I made myself stop worrying about what type of equipment I had. I made goals before I could buy new equipment.. for example

Once I broke 100 I got a new driver (this only took me a few weeks)
Once I broke 95 I got a new putter
Once I broke 90 I got new Irons
Once I broke 85 I got new fairway woods.

I could of got all the big name clubs from the get go, but this was a way to challenge myself and force myself to improve. My goal this year is to break par. Once I do that, my new goal will be break 70.

(this wasnt posted to anyone specific, just giving an idea of what I did when I 1st started.)

^ Good job man. The hardest thing for me was breaking all my bad habits. My handicap is finally coming down after peaking at an 18.3
sick.gif
down to a 14.9 now and at least feel like I'm playing even better that that.

Well he said he had been playing for a year, so i figured he at least had the fundamentals of his swing developed

Since last summer it all depends on how much he plays. We don't know if he's playing 3-5 times a week, once a week with tons of range time or once a month on the weekend. Really depends  on the player.

I think we can both agree that good instruction plus good fitting makes an amazing difference.

@JWill

I took a similar approach when I started. At least after my iron fitting mishap. I'm glad I did focus on irons in the beginning as I figured I would hit more shots with those than any other clubs in the bag. Really good advice/story.

Back
Top Bottom