Any male dental hygienists out there? How is the work and the schooling?

Do you like the job? What made you want to enter the profession? And did you stop there, or are you continuing school to become a dentist?

Originally Posted by LoLzTrunkz

Do you like the job? What made you want to enter the profession? And did you stop there, or are you continuing school to become a dentist?
Not a chance this is happening. To become a dentist, you need a pretty high GPA from a university with a good DCAT score to even be considered bya respectable dentistry school. To become a dental hygienist, you don't need to go to a 4 year university, just one of those schools they advertise on daytime T.V.

Its tough. It was one of my career goals after I gave up on International Finance, so I looked it up and saw what I needed to do to get into a dental schooland I knew that it was going to be a very hard process to go through so I chose Linguistics and communication disorders instead. I figure if I had started outwith the goal of becoming a dentist then I would've been fine but at the stage in life when I wanted to get out of a business degree I really didnt have itall in me to go all out and become a dentist.

If your passionate about it and can dedicate yourself to it, then I would def say go for it.

Originally Posted by wj4

Not a chance this is happening. To become a dentist, you need a pretty high GPA from a university with a good DCAT score to even be considered by a respectable dentistry school.
strong negativity on your behalf lol

Originally Posted by Cherchez

Originally Posted by wj4

Not a chance this is happening. To become a dentist, you need a pretty high GPA from a university with a good DCAT score to even be considered by a respectable dentistry school.
strong negativity on your behalf lol
It's the truth. I used to be a pre-dent student and I saw how fierce the competition was. And I don't even attend an ivy league schoolor anything of that nature.

Back
Top Bottom