Any of you ever suffer a Knee Injury??

Luckily I've never injured my knee during all my years of playing bball. However I am doing physiotherapy right now for an injured groin (actually the adductor/inner thigh muscles). Been injured since last November and it has been the worst injury I've had in my whole life. It has been painful to work at times, and uncomfortable to pick up my baby daughter. Hold your head OP, and dedicate yourself to rehab.

Torn meniscus from knee inury when I was little , and the tear got worse after an car accident last year.
I hope to start prolotherapy later on this year.

Hurts everyday, messes up my heel game

List is pretty long will post later. But grab a rebound on the opposite goal then started the push. Some dude was in front of me the whole way during the push. Seen a lane for me to take off....dude desides to stop right in front of me while i'm taking off on my left foot. So now I'm in the air looking like westbrook on a fast break but I'm too far from the goal. Dude see me in the air and tries to catch me but its too late. I try to brace my fall with my right arm but come down on it like Rondo. I get up yelling and tell dudes I'm done. Kats talking about it didn't look that bad(yeah they always say that at the Y). So I play on for another 4 minutes(or so) but I can't shoot or pass with my right arm. I leave the gym drive home to see if I'll be alright in the morning(being young). That wasn't working out so called pops went to the doctor and was told it was fractured. Out for three months plus rehab. Didn't finish my rehab and arm still bend at 10 degree angle. Still working people on the court tho.

As for as my knee....my explosion and rise was never the same. Had too many injuries.

Knee injuries :smh:

I first hurt my knee in the 8th grade at basketball practice.. I dislocated my knee cap in a one on one drill running for the ball.. Bruh that pain was so crazy.. The best way I can describe it is that it hurt so bad that it turned my stomach...
I did rehab for a while, I ended up coming back before the season was out, and I got my starting spot back too :pimp:..
After 8th grade year I hurt the same knee 4 more times. I eventually had surgery my 11th grade year and Sat out that entire season :smh:
I played my senior year but I think mentally the injuries took a toll on me.. I couldn't play the game the same way because I was too scared of getting hurt again..
Those injuries changed my entire approach to the game. I rarely jumped off one leg due to fear of injury, I didn't slash as much because of this..
I was always a great 3pt shooter and passer so I stuck with that..
I can't even watch injury replays now especially the knee ones, ish brings up too many bad memories and feels :smh:

Broke fracture ankle years ago playing backyard football. My boy went to tackle me and my foot was planted and he twisted. Felt a sharp pain, look down midfall and saw my ankle literally pointed the opposite way. Worst sight ever b. Had a FULL leg cast for 6 weeks. The cast had my knee bent at 90 degree angle. Smh never played football in hs cuz of it lol.

But i hate hearing about bball knee injuries. I play ball everyday and all i have is a sprained ankle and one broken nose (suffered few weeks ago actually)

My playing style is helpful tho. I rely on my shooting and when I drive to the hoop I dont get off the ground too much.

Last edited:
List is pretty long will post later. But grab a rebound on the opposite goal then started the push. Some dude was in front of me the whole way during the push. Seen a lane for me to take off....dude desides to stop right in front of me while i'm taking off on my left foot. So now I'm in the air looking like westbrook on a fast break but I'm too far from the goal. Dude see me in the air and tries to catch me but its too late. I try to brace my fall with my right arm but come down on it like Rondo. I get up yelling and tell dudes I'm done. Kats talking about it didn't look that bad(yeah they always say that at the Y). So I play on for another 4 minutes(or so) but I can't shoot or pass with my right arm. I leave the gym drive home to see if I'll be alright in the morning(being young). That wasn't working out so called pops went to the doctor and was told it was fractured. Out for three months plus rehab. Didn't finish my rehab and arm still bend at 10 degree angle. Still working people on the court tho.

As for as my knee....my explosion and rise was never the same. Had too many injuries.

I feel you, I had the guys telling me several things from their perspective. Most tried to downplay it, a few went through ACL injuries so I took their advice and prognosis into consideration.

Knee injuries :smh:

I first hurt my knee in the 8th grade at basketball practice.. I dislocated my knee cap in a one on one drill running for the ball.. Bruh that pain was so crazy.. The best way I can describe it is that it hurt so bad that it turned my stomach...
I did rehab for a while, I ended up coming back before the season was out, and I got my starting spot back too :pimp:..
After 8th grade year I hurt the same knee 4 more times. I eventually had surgery my 11th grade year and Sat out that entire season :smh:
I played my senior year but I think mentally the injuries took a toll on me.. I couldn't play the game the same way because I was too scared of getting hurt again..
Those injuries changed my entire approach to the game. I rarely jumped off one leg due to fear of injury, I didn't slash as much because of this..
I was always a great 3pt shooter and passer so I stuck with that..
I can't even watch injury replays now especially the knee ones, ish brings up too many bad memories and feels :smh:

Damn bruh, I would've stopped after 2 lol. I feel you, it's all mental. Injuries force you to alter your game in a different fashion. I feel that it just won't be the same for me. I'm gonna have trouble confiding in my knee moving forward. I'm tired of all the injuries honestly speaking.

Broke fracture ankle years ago playing backyard football. My boy went to tackle me and my foot was planted and he twisted. Felt a sharp pain, look down midfall and saw my ankle literally pointed the opposite way. Worst sight ever b. Had a FULL leg cast for 6 weeks. The cast had my knee bent at 90 degree angle. Smh never played football in hs cuz of it lol.

But i hate hearing about bball knee injuries. I play ball everyday and all i have is a sprained ankle and one broken nose (suffered few weeks ago actually)

My playing style is helpful tho. I rely on my shooting and when I drive to the hoop I dont get off the ground too much.

Just play with caution. I always flinch at the sight of knee injuries. There have been so many in the NBA as of recent and it's always painful to watch. I applaud those that give it another go. No choice if it's your profession though.

I will say OP look into some mutl vitamins(I'm taking Controlled Labs Orange Triad). Been taking them for the pass 2 months and I'm not feeling any pain on the court or leg days. Before I would have maybe one good game as my old self. Then I would get to limping on the court. Or in the gym not able to squat anything over 150.

Freshman year in HS, playing bball, going up for a rebound. Just as I was about to jump, the guy next to me stepped on my right foot, tore a ligament in my knee.

Torn ACL (wrestling) recovery 15 months microfracture in patella (football) 8 weeks if you need any help pm me and we can chop it up

Damn bruh, that's what's so scary about this thing. It's so common, and can happen at any given time. Feel free to update your status on this thread for motivation and support. I am hoping so myself. I wish you a speedy recovery as well. [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Thanks man, appreciate it. Just make sure to get proper therapy and you'll be fine

Damn bro, twice? I hope not. I'll definitely contact you once I get re-evaluated.

Yeah, tore it once back in May 2005 and then tore it again during rehab. Sad news is, I had a snowboarding accident at the end of the season and I may have torn my right ACL now. Talk about bad knees :smh:

Man I've had knee problems since a youngin'. They were small and would be rare but as I grew older I would notice them more. But in my freshman year of high school I was playing ball in the gym and I went to turn to get back on defense and POP. I'm down. Never been in so much pain in my life (I was more hurt and in pain by the embarrassment and the fact I was laying there helpless). Went to the hospital and it turns out I dislocated my right patella. I was out for few months and I had to do the little exercises, walk with crutches, all that. I was scared to play ball and it was probably like a year or two before I even got in a little pickup game and actually PLAYED.

But ever since then it hasn't been the same. I haven't been able to give my full potential and play the way I would like because my knee is still popping out/dislocation. Even when I'm wearing my brace my patella will dislocate and it's bad. Like I could be getting out of the bed and it goes out, or walking and it'll go out, or simply lift my leg up and it'll twist a little. When I'm playing ball and it goes out, It gets to the point everytime where I can't even walk on it and I either gotta A) Play it off B) Have someone sub in C) Play through that pain while jogging on one leg. 

Went to the doctor a few times since the incident and they just keep telling me it's from not enough strength in my knee and I'm fine - when I'm not. I'm pretty sure I probably tore my ACL or have a meniscus problem somewhere in there but no one is evaluating it properly.. Just recently I was playing ball at school and it dislocated in my brace. 

Yeah, tore it once back in May 2005 and then tore it again during rehab. Sad news is, I had a snowboarding accident at the end of the season and I may have torn my right ACL now. Talk about bad knees :smh:

Sheesh, how did that occur during rehab? Did you require surgery again? That must be your body telling you to chill at this point. You should definitely try to get that checked out.

Man I've had knee problems since a youngin'. They were small and would be rare but as I grew older I would notice them more. But in my freshman year of high school I was playing ball in the gym and I went to turn to get back on defense and POP. I'm down. Never been in so much pain in my life (I was more hurt and in pain by the embarrassment and the fact I was laying there helpless). Went to the hospital and it turns out I dislocated my right patella. I was out for few months and I had to do the little exercises, walk with crutches, all that. I was scared to play ball and it was probably like a year or two before I even got in a little pickup game and actually PLAYED.

But ever since then it hasn't been the same. I haven't been able to give my full potential and play the way I would like because my knee is still popping out/dislocation. Even when I'm wearing my brace my patella will dislocate and it's bad. Like I could be getting out of the bed and it goes out, or walking and it'll go out, or simply lift my leg up and it'll twist a little. When I'm playing ball and it goes out, It gets to the point everytime where I can't even walk on it and I either gotta A) Play it off B) Have someone sub in C) Play through that pain while jogging on one leg. 

Went to the doctor a few times since the incident and they just keep telling me it's from not enough strength in my knee and I'm fine - when I'm not. I'm pretty sure I probably tore my ACL or have a meniscus problem somewhere in there but no one is evaluating it properly.. Just recently I was playing ball at school and it dislocated in my brace. 

Did you ever get an MRI done? Sounds painful just reading it. You should probably avoid physical activity till you get that properly diagnosed. You shouldn't risk a drastic injury that may cause further damage in the long term.

Did you ever get an MRI done? Sounds painful just reading it. You should probably avoid physical activity till you get that properly diagnosed. You shouldn't risk a drastic injury that may cause further damage in the long term.
Nah they wouldn't ever give me one when I did want one: talking about it'll cost too much and it's not necessary. But that was back in 9th/10th grade. I'm about to be a junior in college now though. I've been playing ball and doing stuff since then and just taking that risks: I get those little pops and dislocations but I just play through it.. I know I shouldn't smh..

I play ball like yall but i can't go hard anymore. The first time i was hurt the guy collapsed on the side of my knee and i tore my acl, i was lucky because it's rare to just tear your acl, usually you blow out your complete knee, i didnt get surgery till nearly 4 months after. I put that work in at rehab and was ready for two-a-days in august. I couldn't run because my sprint mechanics were completely off and im still working on getting back two years later. But i as subbed in at runningback and homie tried to hit me low knowing i had surgery but instead his helmet caught right inbetween my knee brace. He looked like a fool but i immediatly dropped a few steps after due to cracking my patella, to be honest i thought i tore my acl again. Bur im 100%. 2 years later and am taking a year off to get in state tuition at UofO and walk on. I got a long road ahead but i can do it lol

Sheesh, how did that occur during rehab? Did you require surgery again? That must be your body telling you to chill at this point. You should definitely try to get that checked out.

I was doing some sort of change of direction drill and my knee buckled out of place and I tore the ACL. Had to go through reconstructive surgery for a second time.

After this snowboarding accident, my body may be either breaking down I need to hit the gym more. I'm 5'10" 200lbs. There's just so much weight my knees can take.

never had a knee injury and i used to play a ton of soccer i got pretty lucky, just a dislocated toe playing soccer and a broken wrist hooping.

Tore both my ACL's a year apart playing ball. Do your rehab and you'll be good.

My game went from slashing to spot up shooter but I'm still as active as I was once.

Back
Top Bottom