Any of you NTers sing? Vol. not in the shower

I've been trying to learn how to sing and play with my guitar for a couple of months now, and I just had my first vocal class the other day. I now have a vocal coach who is going to help me with music theory and teach me to sing well, both by myself and with my guitar. I'm beyond excited to finally be taking a serious step towards a possible future in music.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube covers and artists and I was wondering, how many of you here on NT think you can sing really well? Do any of you play music? Got any videos up on YouTube? Anyone interested in learning how to sing maybe?

The music I'm typically thinking of is acoustic covers and vocal focused music like Maroon 5, or Passion, maybe some old Usher (Burn, Confessions) and some Alicia Keys. :smokin But if any of you can do anything else vocally, let's hear about it.

Also, for anyone who might know how to sing, did you teach yourself or did you take classes?

I try....singing feels good yo...its a work in process but you can really teach yourself anything...peep this kid out...this is pretty inspiring

I sing.

It's truly an art and takes a long time to really be good. The breathing itself takes a good year.

Go into every lesson with an open mind and try not to judge yourself, good or bad, but instead look it at as a learning experience and ways to improve.

And practice every day.

I use to back in the day, was really good too.

Did a lot of vocals with Trey Songz, Frankie J, Ginuwine, Jagged Edge.... ect.

Would've gotten signed too, but I wasn't willing to do the 'behind closed doors' activities unlike the others.

I'm telling y'all man. The industry is AYO!

you any good OP?

Everyone that I sing around says I'm really good and always ask me to sing more for them, but I know that I need a lot of practice and work on technical stuff. My vocal coach says that I have a really good feel for rhythm and that's going to help me a lot down the line.

I'm real good at soft acoustic stuff with just my voice if I sing with others, but so far my voice by itself isn't anywhere near what I consider "good". My guitar work is what I take pride in, though. Hopefully a good voice to match it will get me somewhere one day.

Would've gotten signed too, but I wasn't willing to do the 'behind closed doors' activities unlike the others.
What do you mean by 'behind closed doors' activities?

say stories without names

did diddy ask you to clean his rod wid yo mouf?

This isn't singing and I'm no pro but this is just me having a good time...

Last edited:

:rolleyes Man please... :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom