Anybody good with routers/modems?

So i get internet installed (150mbs) purchase my own router/modem (its a combo all in one) works fine for 10 hours, its a dual band router so it sends out a 2.4 and a 5ghz signal. i connect everything to it my laptop which i use for dl and gaming looses connecting to the 5ghz signal after about 10 hours my phone connects to the 5ghz just fine everything else is on the 2.4ghz channel. for the life of me i cannot get my laptop to connect to the 5ghz after about 10 hours of it being connected flawlessly like it just stops working and wont work again, I connect type in my password but the internet doesn't work. This is my second one i returned the 1st one got the same one (thought it was just a dud) and the same exact thing happened again worked fine for a half day next morning wont work.

I have tried everything in my life to get it to work i sit about 6 ft from the router w/ nothing in the way. I have tried looking for drivers on my computer tried running software to see if there is issues with my wifi card everything comes back fine i took my laptop to my buddies connected to his 5ghz channel just fine. turned off everything electronic in my room except the computer and the router still doesn't work i can see the connection, i connect but no internet. I downloaded wifi analyzer to find the channel with the least amount of traffic still didnt change anything, Ive called both the cable company and the router company both have no explanation, I have unplugged it plugged it back in, reset the whole modem/router, turned my computer on/off. I would say i just got 2 ****** products but this whole time my phone (which is old as **** and typically always has wifi problems) has worked flawlessly.

this is the router i have

Amazon product ASIN B00QQ7SG48

this is the laptop i have

Amazon product ASIN B01DT4A2K6

Last edited:
First mistake is buying a dual modem-router combo, they don't work as well as your regular modem and router separately. Does your friend have the same modem/router that you have because it could be the connection between the two. How old is your laptop and the modem/router? Your laptop could be out of date driver wise but w/o the company updating the driver and support for it, your laptop won't know that it's out of date.

First mistake is buying a dual modem-router combo, they don't work as well as your regular modem and router separately. Does your friend have the same modem/router that you have because it could be the connection between the two. How old is your laptop and the modem/router? Your laptop could be out of date driver wise but w/o the company updating the driver and support for it, your laptop won't know that it's out of date.

this is the laptop

Amazon product ASIN B01DT4A2K6

no the router is different it is a dual combo one though but different brand. my next option is to just return this one and buy a different brand but im trying to trouble shoot what exactly is wrong besides just chalking it up to 2 ****** routers which wouldnt really doesnt make sense since my phone is working fine

Start -> Search -> "CMD"

Type in "ipconfig"

Scroll down to default gateway

Type that IP address into your browser

Your login is likely the default (and you should change it cause of people like me)

Check your wireless settings for any irregularities.

Call your service provider to verify the integrity of your cabling if everything appears sound

If you have to change any settings, open the command prompt back up..

type in "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" right after

Last edited:
We just learned that last semester in class ^^^^

I need to step my tech savvy game up

Start -> Search -> "CMD"

Type in "ipconfig"

Scroll down to default gateway

Type that IP address into your browser

Your login is likely the default (and you should change it cause of people like me)

Check your wireless settings for any irregularities.

Call your service provider to verify the integrity of your cabling if everything appears sound

If you have to change any settings, open the command prompt back up..

type in "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" right after

already did it watched a youtube video of a guy doing it didnt work, im pretty sure ive tried eveything smh but i dnt have the opportunity to return it till Thursday so ill continue to try stuff until i return it but thanks for the thought

Back
Top Bottom