anybody worked in the movie theaters?

Ok to follow up my other thread about me not being able to get a job, I got a call back from the AMC movie theater.
happy.gif
Anybody worked at the movies before? How's it like?

I've heard it's like the worst job in the world

hopefully you ain't at your local theater where ppl will recognize you

my bro worked at a movie theater and he hated it. He said even after crowded nights on good movie openings (Transformers, Spider Man etc.) the managers wouldexpect like 2 of them to clean out the whole theater in like 10 min....He said there would be %!%# everywhere and they had to mop and stuff.....he quit after 2weeks when the shift leader yelled at 3 of them to hurry the hell up or they would get !#@%@** at in the morning....all 3 of them left on the spot
roll.gif

I work(ed) there. You either love it or you hate it. But, in my opinion, it's not too bad of a job. It really depends on what you do. If you're anusher and you clean theaters, you're not under much supervision, so you have a lot of freedom and can do basically whatever you want as long as you do yourjob (clean the theaters). However, if you're working in concession, which is what I usually did, you're working with money and you're dealing withpeople nonstop, not to mention you're under much more supervision, so it's usually not much fun.

One thing I really hate about the movie theater job is that the hours SUCK. If you're working an evening/closing shift, you're usually stuck thereuntil midnight (at least with my experiences), so you can pretty much kiss the rest of your night goodbye. Other than that, I'd say that it's a prettyeasy job - really laid back. If you work with cool people, it can be a good experience.

Then again, my experience was at the less popular theater in my town. The theater at the mall which gets all the popular movies (the theater I was at usuallygets the artsy and somewhat less popular films) I heard is like the worst job ever. Like I said before, you'll either love the job or you'll hate thejob. If you have any more questions, let me know.

I work(ed) there. You either love it or you hate it. But, in my opinion, it's not too bad of a job. It really depends on what you do. If you're anusher and you clean theaters, you're not under much supervision, so you have a lot of freedom and can do basically whatever you want as long as you do yourjob (clean the theaters). However, if you're working in concession, which is what I usually did, you're working with money and you're dealing withpeople nonstop, not to mention you're under much more supervision, so it's usually not much fun.

One thing I really hate about the movie theater job is that the hours SUCK. If you're working an evening/closing shift, you're usually stuck thereuntil midnight (at least with my experiences), so you can pretty much kiss the rest of your night goodbye. Other than that, I'd say that it's a prettyeasy job - really laid back. If you work with cool people, it can be a good experience.

Then again, my experience was at the less popular theater in my town. The theater at the mall which gets all the popular movies (the theater I was at usuallygets the artsy and somewhat less popular films) I heard is like the worst job ever. Like I said before, you'll either love the job or you'll hate thejob. If you have any more questions, let me know.

speaking of nasty #!@%. ive done my share of #!@% to piss yall of. some of you mofos are rude as hell.
i just remember when i used to work at a pizza spot a few years ago, id hook em up with some free stuff and theyd give the delivery guy some movie ticketvouchers for looking out.
pimp.gif

my boyfriend did...he said it's the worst job ever. DOn't do it...all your friends will bombard you trying to get in for free..and depending on how themanagement is, if you let them in you will probably be fired if you're caught. Also you will encounter the most obscene people who demand crazy %@$%. Forexample this one older couple came into my boyfriends theater...watched a movie (the whole movie) and demanded their money back because "they didn'tlike it" how ridiculous is that?

Also people are so nasty so if you don't like cleaning up other people's food,fluids (eww), and other trash..well just don't bother.

i worked at AMC its the worst job ever if you are ticket taker you literally stand in the same spot for 8 hours ripping tickets for minimum wage, if you workconcession you sell overpriced garbage non-stop and the drink machines dont work properly, you have to refill popcorn constantly, everything is broken... usheris okay but when its busy you have to run from house to house cleanin a whole theatre in under 5 minutes. its not worth it, especially for the pay

heard you have to clean the bathroom....

and you see those people after the movie just waiting therefor people to leave with a garbage bag in their hand??? lol thats embarrassing...

I worked at one for 3 years in high school. Sheephead Bay in Brooklyn. xxxOveridexxx use to also.

Fun atmosphere, a fight every week, tons of hot females, and oh year free movies and popcorn

I say keep the amc job untill u find somethin better cuz at the end off the night... u still gettin payed

my friend works there and he said it's probably the easiest job in the world.

but i think our location makes his job a lot easier since we live in a small town, and the movies get busy but never like a large city.

one thing though is the hours do suck like someone else said. he usually works 6-12 (midnight), or 11-6.

the work is easy though, and there are perks, like not doing anything for 45 minutes until the next movie starts and people start showing up again.

my friend works at a local one. He likes it because he gets to see tons of movies but his main job is putting the actual movie reels together when they firstget them. Our local movie will obviously be alot slower than an AMC...

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

I work(ed) there. You either love it or you hate it. But, in my opinion, it's not too bad of a job. It really depends on what you do. If you're an usher and you clean theaters, you're not under much supervision, so you have a lot of freedom and can do basically whatever you want as long as you do your job (clean the theaters). However, if you're working in concession, which is what I usually did, you're working with money and you're dealing with people nonstop, not to mention you're under much more supervision, so it's usually not much fun.

One thing I really hate about the movie theater job is that the hours SUCK. If you're working an evening/closing shift, you're usually stuck there until midnight (at least with my experiences), so you can pretty much kiss the rest of your night goodbye. Other than that, I'd say that it's a pretty easy job - really laid back. If you work with cool people, it can be a good experience.

Then again, my experience was at the less popular theater in my town. The theater at the mall which gets all the popular movies (the theater I was at usually gets the artsy and somewhat less popular films) I heard is like the worst job ever. Like I said before, you'll either love the job or you'll hate the job. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Dude pretty much has it right. I was on concession, it was the worst job I've ever had. Had to stay until 3am every night cleaning everything up. Ifyou get to be an usher though, that job is
pimp.gif
. Little supervision, easyresponsibilities, authority to ask people to show their tickets... it rocks.

easy depending on your department im the supervisor of the floor and its hella easy cuz theres hella breaks and u work hard for like 1 hr depending on yourshift other then that its real chill and can be fun depending who you work with.

i work there, i like it, reading the responses i guess it really depends on your management. my managers are all cool although the only thing i don't likeis i have to stay till 1 or 2 in the morning sometimes if you gotta close, and if your 18, they will prolly use you for that.

I worked at a movie theater for two years when I was in high school and I enjoyed it. Of course with any job in life there are less than favorable moments.It can get stressful during a new release. Yes you do find interesting things during clean up. However if your a movie head its the place to be. Plus if youhave a good relationship with mangement, hookups for familiy and close friends should not be a problem. Lastly during the week its one of the easiest jobs onearth. Since its so slow all you'll be doing is watching a movie you've already seen ten times before or clowning around with your co-workers.

I had worked at a movie theater in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn for 7 years and eventually became manager.
Its a decent job when you are young but you gotta get out before a certain point and move on.
Even being a manager, you earn around $12.50 and getting higher in the company is way too competitive and you most likely would have to move to do that.

As for the rest, you do get free movies for your family and friends. When your friends have no money it is def the best thing to fall back on.
Someone said during the weeks are the easiest, thats for sure. But I felt that it was actually bad because time would go so slow. And the theater I worked for,you couldn't really watch movies because if anyone was caught theyd be written up.

Msg me if you have any questions. My theater was a United Artist then beecame Regal when they bought it out.

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

I work(ed) there. You either love it or you hate it. But, in my opinion, it's not too bad of a job. It really depends on what you do. If you're an usher and you clean theaters, you're not under much supervision, so you have a lot of freedom and can do basically whatever you want as long as you do your job (clean the theaters). However, if you're working in concession, which is what I usually did, you're working with money and you're dealing with people nonstop, not to mention you're under much more supervision, so it's usually not much fun.

One thing I really hate about the movie theater job is that the hours SUCK. If you're working an evening/closing shift, you're usually stuck there until midnight (at least with my experiences), so you can pretty much kiss the rest of your night goodbye. Other than that, I'd say that it's a pretty easy job - really laid back. If you work with cool people, it can be a good experience.

Then again, my experience was at the less popular theater in my town. The theater at the mall which gets all the popular movies (the theater I was at usually gets the artsy and somewhat less popular films) I heard is like the worst job ever. Like I said before, you'll either love the job or you'll hate the job. If you have any more questions, let me know.
Thats pretty much it. I hated my job with a passion!!! God i wanted to burn down Showcase cinemas.

Back
Top Bottom