Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Ditto. Went to Wally World, Dicks Sporting Goods, and planned on going to Target and getting some but forgot.

Anyway, I’m pretty clueless with this new stuff. Don’t even know what to buy that’s worth a damn. Would be nice to open up an entire box like the good ole days.

What type of basketball and football cards are the best to buy? Need some guidance lol

Any panini basketball pretty much. Probably won’t find any but football just Prizm/optic. NCAA released and has done well but most prefer pro jerseys.

Blake Jamieson Donnie ⚾️ and Nolan Ryan. His cards are the best so far IMO

40F0A2A6-DA6C-45C2-ADEE-888DC3A76558.jpeg

I used to primarily collect Marvel and NBA cards in the early to mid 90s. I also used to get a lot of football and baseball cards for free when I was younger. I still have most of the cards from childhood. Last year, I copped an unopened box of Skybox Series II NBA cards from Royal Collectibles in Queens for $10 (they have a comic book shop and a sports memorabilia shop on the same block) and I started a new binder organizing them. I put it to the side at the time but now that we're on lockdown (and also because of The Last Dance making me feel nostalgic) I decided to continue organizing them. Even bought some more trading card sleeves. I've always been a collector of something- trading cards, comics, magazines, DVDs/Blu-Rays, kicks, Funko Pops, books, etc.
20200516_175735-1.jpg
A82F4C2D-8C4F-42D4-ABA1-F9E7FAB1CB89.jpeg

I’ve got that Impel Marvel set too. It’s a 90’s classic.

Anybody check out the Topps project 2020 collection. They picked 20 iconic Topps/Bowman cards are picked 20 artist to redesign each one. They are releasing 2 per day, and they are only available for purchase for 48 hours. Ben Baller and Naturel are two of the artists. I have copped a few so far....the Thomas, 2 Griffey’s, and a Rivera.
Here is what they have done so far...

Posted in the other thread that I’m going for Griffey. Rickey. Nolan. Donnie. Jeter. Brett. Artists I’m going for saladeen, Matt Taylor, Blake jamieson, Tyson Beck, Gregory siff. Mr cartoon.
I have all I need besides the Beck gooden. If anyone has this card and wants to work out a deal lmk. I have tons of p2020 and other stuff to trade (or cash).

the saladeen Griffey is what lit the spark for me. Can’t wait to have them all

C6592AC7-3E4E-4C4A-84CA-64B516847B7A.jpeg

As bad as I want to open them all most likely imma let enough go so I get my money back and then break the rest.

First time I’ve hit on anything for retail in months, I can’t let them all go.
you'll get your money back.

I sold all 3 cases of 2020 prizms draft picks mega boxes easily

So these NBA boxes are hot huh? Gonna have to talk to the restocker this week if I see him and get a few cases

So these NBA boxes are hot huh? Gonna have to talk to the restocker this week if I see him and get a few cases

Yeah people love these things. Anything that can give them a Zion rookie they’re on it.

Can we get the sports card thread in the sports section combined with this one?

Where do you guys buy cases/boxes?

Target, Walmart

I’ll take some for offering the info lol

but yea anything basketball has been flying.

Don’t blame Michael for selling some and breaking the rest for pretty much house money.

I have a buddy from HS who runs a store and does breaks, etc.

So everyone is just buying boxes from WM and Target nowadays? When I was collecting those were always the boxes NOT to buy.

I’ve been wanting to buy a few boxes just trying to figure out where

I have a buddy from HS who runs a store and does breaks, etc.

So everyone is just buying boxes from WM and Target nowadays? When I was collecting those were always the boxes NOT to buy.

With the prices retail/hobby boxes have been it’s the most economical way. At this point LCS are even selling target/Walmart items for a markup (blasters at $20 for $50-100 etc)

Back to what I was saying about MSRP and comparing to shoes/Nike, I wonder what LCS buy products in for. I know a lot do buy at a marked up price so that’s why they have to sell about the MSRP.

With the prices retail/hobby boxes have been it’s the most economical way. At this point LCS are even selling target/Walmart items for a markup (blasters at $20 for $50-100 etc).

I’m assuming they aren’t readily available at WM/Target etc? What are the prices for boxes now?

I always thought that retail was trash and you had to get the hobby boxes. Retail is fine now?
Hobby boxes are better (there are retail exclusive parallels tho) but they are both kind of wack imo. I generally just go after the cards I want. Usually cheaper and I don’t have to sort through all the junk to find them. Obviously some of the rarer cards you’d rather pull out of a box than buy, but chances of actually getting those ones in a box is very small.

edit: I only really collect baseball so I don’t know **** about other sports cards really. NBA and nfl I just buy Eagles and Sixers singles raw or graded because they’re my teams.

Hobby boxes are better (there are retail exclusive parallels tho) but they are both kind of wack imo. I generally just go after the cards I want. Usually cheaper and I don’t have to sort through all the junk to find them. Obviously some of the rarer cards you’d rather pull out of a box than buy, but chances of actually getting those ones in a box is very small.

Yeah, the majority of my cards I purchased as singles. Came to the realization that paying resell for boxes 9/10 times you don’t get your $$ worth.

I do enjoy opening up boxes though. That’s mainly why I buy them and if I get a card that I love then that’s a bonus.
Have two boxes of 2019 topps archives I may open next week.

Back
Top Bottom