Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

You’re not gonna find much fun in this hobby if you’re strictly buying boxes for reselling purposes. Same goes for shoes. The guys who tend to flourish are the ones who have a genuine interest in the product. If your sole purpose is profit, it’s unlikely you’ll have much success or fun

killing it everytime

Are u ripping these things open? If so whats your greatest pull

I rip some of it and I stash the rest away. I haven't pulled anything amazing. I have quite a bit of base Tua, Burrow, Herbert, Lamelo, Wiseman, Ja, + Zion rookies cards. Some silver and parallels too.

You’re not gonna find much fun in this hobby if you’re strictly buying boxes for reselling purposes. Same goes for shoes. The guys who tend to flourish are the ones who have a genuine interest in the product. If your sole purpose is profit, it’s unlikely you’ll have much success or fun

It's not strictly why I buy. But it's nice :D I have tons of OG cards in a few binders. a few graded ones like prime Shaq and a rookie Deion Sanders, but today I saw the red box and thought it would be easy money :lol: Sticking with what I know and like next time.

Haven't posted in a bit. But 2 weeks ago I went to my normal target. Got there at 7 and was way back like 28th. Well, at this one a dude in the front takes a list so people can go sit in their cars. Target was watching the camera and came out and said you can't do that, if you get out of line you're out of line. So dude right in front me called everyone out and they held boxes for him, myself and about 10 others in behind us. We got 1 box of Select and 1 box of Prizm wasn't bad.

I drove over to another target after that. Security was standing in the aisle FULLY stocked of Select and Prizm. i asked how much I could get, he told me 3 of each. So stocked up on that to rip.

So now the new rules at the normal target is No lining up until 6am, you getting in and out of line, ONE product per person.

Went Yesterday to that same target and was 30th. They had a TON of stuff. But they brought out Blasters first and we all thought they didn't have Megas. First 20 people got blasters of Select as they walked out (3 people in at a time) then we saw the next 15 or so walking out with Megas of Select. and people 21-35ish got Megas. Was kinda nice for me lol

Went Yesterday to that same target and was 30th. They had a TON of stuff. But they brought out Blasters first and we all thought they didn't have Megas. First 20 people got blasters of Select as they walked out (3 people in at a time) then we saw the next 15 or so walking out with Megas of Select. and people 21-35ish got Megas. Was kinda nice for me lol

i did the same this morning on target.com, they had the red poke box and copped it thinking its the one ppl go for, wrong lol

we should do a roll call for cities in here, start helping each other out or doing meet ups on this if any1 is down

im nyc

just stumbled into this thread. glad to see folks are into cards. i visited my parents recently and came across a box and folder of my old cards. i think card collecting was probably my favorite thing about childhood, i read beckett’s like they were the bible :lol: matter of fact, it was probably the only thing i read. i need to find the shoebox where i had a handful of kobe and shaq rookies

E6F3F670-48C5-4C92-A156-FCCD592498AA.jpeg

F2A78B66-B351-4400-9C50-A5CBC61BF68D.jpeg
33001E9D-E315-4A33-A81E-6964B820DD30.jpeg
C465818E-BFB7-4313-B726-52C90E4576C6.jpeg

Saw a video on Twitter of some guy getting jumped in a Target parking lot over cards. Sad that it’s come to this

reminds me of middle school when my homie pulled a charizard card from a pack of pokemon and stupidly made a scene abt it at the card shop around some other kids. i told him he should call his older brother to come walk him home but we didn’t wanna ask the shop owner about using their phone. foo got jumped just three blocks from the spot.

I told him he should call his older brother to come walk him home but we didn’t wanna ask the shop owner about using their phone. foo got jumped just three blocks from the spot.
That’s ****ed up, man. Big bro definitely would’ve prevented that situation.

can’t remember if i showed my winter hoops hits but i’d say it was solid (flynn is for raptors pc)

Attachments

• ED257DE9-0A0D-466D-AAF6-5E3AD40C8478.jpeg
    ED257DE9-0A0D-466D-AAF6-5E3AD40C8478.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 95
Upper Deck Golf dropped today and may possibly be the worst value I have seen in any product ever. I was very exited to see golf return, but the price point on this product makes everything else feel like a steal.

I only recall a store doing that for Hot Wheels toy cars. They had grown men in store fighting for “Treasure Hunt” cars (limited/randomly inserted). The stores solution was to damage the card on it so as to de-value it. They took hole punchers to the cards and that helped chill them out of fighting. Those toy car were only worth $15-$30 and they resorted to fist fights over them :smh: 🤡

Back
Top Bottom