Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

maldonado maldonado he accepted. Let’s go, I feel like we should just buy up the lot at 30 a piece lol

Lets get it!

Bro I keep looking at that listing like damn I should grab a few more.. I been buying SO much other stuff that I woulda copped all of em already if I hadnt spent what I have in the past few days lol

might still snag 1 or 2 more

Yea I spent way too much the last two weeks. I need to stop. I feel like it’s the best time to buy And invest with no sports on. Need to send a bunch in to get graded soon

Yea I spent way too much the last two weeks. I need to stop. I feel like it’s the best time to buy And invest with no sports on. Need to send a bunch in to get graded soon

100% the best time right now

we've had shortened seasons, lockouts, etc before, but this overall sports stoppage is unprecedented. Just wait until NBA and the NFL gets going again.

Hobbys already lit, once actual games get going again its only going to heat up even more

Just started getting back into card watching the last dance. I have a narrow collection, mostly 90s Bulls. A few questions about grading as I find it a but confusing on the Beckett site:
Which service is the best for basketball cards?
How much does it cost per card (I will send 200 or so)?
Besides Jordan's or Rookies, is it pretty much a waste of time grading basic cards?
Is it better to sell a card ungraded than have it graded at a 7 or less?
Is there a way to get an idea of what grade a card will receive before sending it in?
Is there a free price guide online besides completed Ebay auctions?

Thanks in advance!

PSA or SGC. I don't use beckett.
haven't looked at their new pricing yet but yeah you wanna send in many cards like that to get the cheapest price per card
Depends on the card.
Again depends on the card and if there is a market for it
When you send it in you are examining the cards yourself. It is your opinion vs theirs. You paying for their opinion and to slab it. If you don't like their grade you can always snap off the slab

YouTube tutorials are good to inspect and examine cards worth grading.

Yea I wouldn’t grade basic cards. Special inserts or parallels, rookies.

Psa allows you to put a minimum grade on each card and allows you if you want it slabbed or not, but they will charge you per card anyway whether you get it slabbed or not. You pay everything up front anyway. I’d get it slabbed anyway for the hassle, you can take it out of the slab if you end up deciding to have the card raw.

Anybody finding any of this Mosaic restock at their local Walmart or target?

I got up and hit bunch of both and nada lol

Guess I'll go back to ebay shopping on my couch

I have gotten no luck ever at my targets and walmart. Sucks living in DE. My target is right off I-95 in between PA, MD, and NJ. All major states. Tax free on top of that. I always pay re-sell on packs and boxes here. SMH

I have gotten no luck ever at my targets and walmart. Sucks living in DE. My target is right off I-95 in between PA, MD, and NJ. All major states. Tax free on top of that. I always pay re-sell on packs and boxes here. SMH
Where you live in de? I’m in chester county pa. Close to the border.

Where you live in de? I’m in chester county pa. Close to the border.

I live in Newark, literally right by Christiana Mall.

I checked 4 targets and walmarts the other day and all i found was football contenders, which is trash up at Kenneth Sq in PA.

I live in Newark, literally right by Christiana Mall.

I checked 4 targets and walmarts the other day and all i found was football contenders, which is trash up at Kenneth Sq in PA.
oh word, you not too far from me then, i go down to christiana for the bass pro shop (gun ****) and buybuybaby store (with my wife). :lol: the best buy by concord mall is clutch for my big ticket electronics too (about 15 min from me). Im in west chester, got a lot of family in kennet tho. If i see anything in the targets up this way ill def let you know. Havent checked in a while.

oh word, you not too far from me then, i go down to christiana for the bass pro shop (gun ****) and buybuybaby store (with my wife). :lol: the best buy by concord mall is clutch for my big ticket electronics too (about 15 min from me). Im in west chester, got a lot of family in kennet tho. If i see anything in the targets up this way ill def let you know. Havent checked in a while.

oh Ha thats whats up. Gotta love tax free delaware. Good you live close enough by the delaware border for your shopping. That best buy on 202 is super clutch. Yea im very familar with your area. I frequent up there once awhile, but i was off monday and decided to check out the targets and walmarts. All dry, although i didnt get too far up on I stopped as far as the glenn mills one. i appreciate that man, lmk.

same lol I copped a couple Mosaic boxes at my lcs for stupid mark up.. least got a base Zion out of it to not make it a complete wash

If you live in a city it seems useless to hit Target - hopefully I’m wrong

I'm in Denver and we have a bunch of walmarts and targets in pretty close proximity. they all looked like this, so your theory rings true out here
20200615_141840.jpg

I love bustin packs open/takin my L like a man but coppin individual cards really is the bast bang for the buck.

still anything I can cop for retail, Im all in

Last edited:
Prob at best an 8? Pretty off center, can’t really see the surface (are those white marks scratches) and corners too well in that pic to judge tho imo

yeah the off centering is what I saw instantly.

Lately, thats what I check first. soooo much stuff on ebay is off centered.

I start there, then look at corners and whatever else. surface is tough from pictures

crazy what old stuff is going for now. all that stuff from the 80s and 90s that lost value, now if you have a PSA 10, value is def going up

Centering is whats most appealing to the eye when you look at a card, so that is major when you inspect a card to send for grading. Then there is the surface and edges and corners. They are all important.

Back
Top Bottom