ANYONE ELSE CHANGE THEIR MIND ABOUT 808s & HEARTBREAK?

Loved this album since day one... I can listen to the whole thing from start to finish and not even think about skipping a track... Except maybe the lasttrack..

WEST KANYE 808S & HEARTBREAK-1,533,627(sells to date)
pimp.gif

NOPE.

Aside from like 3-4 songs...I still think the album is hot basura.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I still can't get into it. Seems like a lot of people force themselves to believe that Kanye is an uber-artist for his expermentation on this LP. It's horrible, and there is no genre that it fits in. I still can't believe the OG thread here in the music forum where some dude said the album was so powerful it moved him to tears...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
Riding on a whole 'nother level.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

NOPE.

I still can't get into it. Seems like a lot of people force themselves to believe that Kanye is an uber-artist for his expermentation on this LP. It's horrible, and there is no genre that it fits in. I still can't believe the OG thread here in the music forum where some dude said the album was so powerful it moved him to tears...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
thats crazy. someone find me a link to that post
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

NOPE.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

far from riding and I'm not dude who said it but if you just broke up with your shawty or going through a situation with your shawty this album might breakyou the *#+% down...

my dude is going through it right now and told me he listened to 808's and it made so much more sense to him because of his situation....started singingParanoid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"You worried bout the wrong things, the wrongthings"

Honestly I enjoyed the album first time I heard it...just shows a new side and as other's touched on already the growth of Kanye...the production wasphenominal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Welcome To Heartbreak
Heartless
Paranoid
See You In My Nightmares
Say You Will
Bad News
Coldest Winter

Solid album, but I would like for him to get on his old $%+* for the next album
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

pimp.gif

I love this album.

Rap has ya'll all #$@#'d up. Ya'll can't enjoy good music with a HUMAN meaning behind it but instead run to topics that 90% of fans have never or will never experience.
I agree 100%, Classic album that most of y'all cant appreciate because he not sayin' no crazy punchlines and soul samples. Good music is Good music at the end of the day (pun intended)
For me it has nothing to do with it not being a "rap" album. I listen to and can appreciate all kinds of music and this auto-tune $!%% doesn't fly with me, show you got the real talent to sing instead of resorting to this robot crap to make you sound better,
chu'ch
pimp.gif

whenever someone doesn't like it it's because it's not "rap" or we can't "appreciate good music." that's utternonsense. and it aint even all auto-tune. T-Pain does auto tune well. Ye doesn't.

as far as the beats, very forgettable minus a few exceptions.

just because it's "different" doesn't mean it's necessarily "good." and yes it's "different" from traditional Yeor rap but how "different" and "abstract" is it really?

I shouldn't have to "make" myself like an album. Joint is buns to me. but yall got it.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

cool little album, i'm kinda like i'm happy he did it...and I hope he never does it again.

i feel u on that........... juss got into the album cuz i could relate to it now
eyes.gif

cool little album, i'm kinda like i'm happy he did it...and I hope he never does it again.
I hope someone like Cudi or someone else redoes it (someone that can sing)
like I said, dope concept, but duke can't sing, don't know how he doesn't realize it.

I've gone the opposite way, I liked a few joints on it now I don't really like anything. I mostly listened to it when I was drunk and now I don'tdrink as much which probably explains a lot.

nopee...this album was always nice
pimp.gif

and
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I hope someone like Cudi or someone else redoes it (someone that can sing)
like I said, dope concept, but duke can't sing, don't know how he doesn't realize it.

i dont think this album would be good if it were cudi, idk it just wouldnt sound right

I use to think it was Kayne's worst album but now it is my second favorite behind college drop out.

I hate how he was on that "this is something youve never heard before, the music is so fresh its a whole new genre" like fool its just regular @%#pop!
laugh.gif

I still think it was pretty whack. Say You Will is a great song but besides that i dont think he's a great writer.

he kaiser soze'd that *$+

the greatest trick he ever pulled was making you believe that he could really sing

Back
Top Bottom