Anyone else feel like 9-5 life isn't for them?

Life is too short to spend a third of your life helping your higher ups have the time of their lives. i definitely dont want to go down thay road: mid 40s punching someones time clock. Im a little older, but still considered a young man, 28. Ive got an entrepeneur (sp?) mentality, but I just need that big idea. Cliffs: Im not about that 9-5 life.

I quit working in 2005. Don't know what an application looks like.

I'm not with it.

Winners make the rules, Losers live by em........

A part of me just want to finish my training, work for a few years and become a stay at home dad to a very successful wife

Man I'm shooting for a nice corporate job in Finance and all, however I don't think I'm cut for that life. Abiding to rules, ethics, and an artificial world is not something I look forward to getting into. I've done regular 9-5 jobs (40 hour weeks) and that blows too. I don't think I can live a happy life slaving my life away.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I quit working in 2005. Don't know what an application looks like.

I'm not with it.

Winners make the rules, Losers live by em........
sooooo.... how you get your money

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

Man I'm shooting for a nice corporate job in Finance and all, however I don't think I'm cut for that life. Abiding to rules, ethics, and an artificial world is not something I look forward to getting into. I've done regular 9-5 jobs (40 hour weeks) and that blows too. I don't think I can live a happy life slaving my life away.

I'm 3 and a half years deep in the field, and co-sign everything you said 100%. I need to find a way out man, I feel like there's gotta be more to life than living the same routine for the next 40 years.

I feel you 100% I can't be working for nobody!

I quit my job, now doing what I love, music.

You control your life with your thoughts.

You can do whatever you believe you can.

Life is the projection of our thoughts.
Drop whatever your doing and start now! If you dont start right now you'll never make it.
Stop talking about it and take action. 

Plan. Set goals. Execute. Self-Discipline. Persistence. 

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Life is too short to spend a third of your life helping your higher ups have the time of their lives. i definitely dont want to go down thay road: mid 40s punching someones time clock. Im a little older, but still considered a young man, 28. Ive got an entrepeneur (sp?) mentality, but I just need that big idea. Cliffs: Im not about that 9-5 life.
then you are not about that entrepreneurial life

I've only had 2 jobs in my whole. Worked full time during the day and the part time at night. I quit both of them in March 2009. Been self employed ever since.
My advice to you is, find something that you know a lot about and find ways to turn it into a legit business.

I feel like this every day; but at the same time I KNOW I'm meant for more so Ill jus ride wit it for now..

its only if you dont enjoy your job that you feel this way.
im cool with my 730-330 even tho i only get 30 min for lunch
laugh.gif

Well I'm 17 so I can't say anything. I'm living with my parents and I plan to stay with them for another year.

I could not be happier not working. I sell and trade a lot of shoes so I use that to live off of.

I go to the city every other weekend haha the Caltrain is a really good place to meet a bunch of weird people.

I've been at the same 8 to 5 job for over 3 years now. I feel like I'm wasting my life chained to my desk and computer all day. Even worse? No Internet at work SMH. I've gotta find a different path because I know I can't live this life forever. I have no issue working...just not this robotic, M-F, 8-5 nonsense. I'm tired of meetings. Tired of my horrible supervisor. Tired of the corny people I work with. Tired of them dropping more and more responsibilities on us and expecting us to do more with less. The ONLY thing stopping me from walking out is my wife and kids....they gotta eat, have clothes and a roof over their heads. Otherwise I'd dip with the quickness. I am most definitely not about that office space life.

The 9-5 ain't supposed to be for anyone. Some people can take it.

You have to do something that is worth getting out of bed for. Take a personality test or something and find out what profession you'd fit best in.

Easier said than done

Look around you. People are broke and unemployed. When the bills come. Your 9-5 start to make a lot of sense and you actually will be thankful that you actually have a decent 40k job

If everyone in the world think selfishly like you. Everyone would be doing what they love and no one would actually be working

Sorry but the world is not a movie

We live in a system

I have no problems being a cog in the machine. The stress and pressure of entrepreneurship isnt for me. You know what youre going to get out of it and you can manage your life better and above all else you have a steady flow of income and can pay your bills.

Back
Top Bottom