Anyone Else Not Give a **** About the Troops?

The individual soldiers don’t go to war because they really want to, but because they were sent there after a decision was made by OUR civilian leaders and OUR by democracy. You can oppose the decision, but by not supporting the troops you’re just opposing men/women who had no say in the matter.

While I agree that the current wave of constant deification and the fawning hero-worship of US military troop gets old, it’s a small price that we as a country must pay for squandering their lives and limbs of our young people in needless foreign adventures.

they squandered there own lives and knew so before joining. I owe them absolutely nothing but to keep paying my taxes. Most don’t even see combat or are anywhere near a combat zone but act like they have

2Eyp.gif

Speaking as a former service member

I personally feel uncomfortable when people thank us for our service and so do alot of vets I know. Also, you dont need to be in uniform to get a discount, and last time i remembered you are not allowed to walk around town in uniform unless to and from base (stopping by gas station) or if its a recruiter on duty.

Depends on service and uniform. You can run errands but you can’t be getting nails done or hair cut etc off base. But again depends on the service. Thanking us for our service is always unnecessary. You don’t know what people do in the service so their job could be the most mundane and safest job out there.
The flip side is that some jobs and assignments are EXTREMELY hard. Imagine being underwater for months at a time...no daylight...terrible food....inconsistent communication...away from your loved ones. That’s a hard job. To not have respect for military is a bit OD but I understand the annoyance of it being forced down your throat.
Military is definitely not the same anymore but sometimes it creates wonderful opportunities for people. I have retired friends who aren’t even 40.

I agree with investing in military long term. We get used up then thrown away. More mentorship and post service guidance needs to be established.

I don’t like them dudes walking around malls following me around trying to recruit me hard, talking about “what makes you scared to join the military”, chill out.

A while back, I was at a bar and some random meathead military dude was talking to me how he is doing good by serving the country, talking about “what do you do for your country!?!?” I said i pay my taxes, chill out.

Other than that, I appreciate that they serve so I don’t have to.

With as many homeless vets lying around any city in America, I believe those that CLAIM they care about them don't really care either.

But the forced standing ovations at Sporting events are annoying
what are your thoughts on wwe's annual tribute to the troops & overall pro-military military stance the showcase w/n the company?

youngogjosh youngogjosh & cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 if u don't mind, I would like to hear your thoughts on this as well please.

I hate the fact that people have to “thank you for your service” every time they see a person in uniform.

I mean, I may or not be anti-military - that doesn’t negate the fact that the military installed here in the USA is responsible for destruction of humanity in hundreds of country’s, and the millions and millions of civilian deaths. And I don’t condone or have to thank any person attributed to the destruction of civilization anywhere, in any country.

“my grand father died in the Cold War, show some respect”
show some respect bro? To a possible murderer? Nah. Your grandfather also knew what he was getting himself into the moment he enlisted.

America has this sick fetish with militarized storylines and bombs bursting in national anthems to appease their patriotism.

i rather not take part in that.

If you fought in WWI, WWII, Nam, etc, I'll tip my hat to you. Desert storm changed the way wars are fought. Nowhere near the same.

As for the last part, that's an actual true story that I experienced first hand at my girlfriend's mother's bakery.
Shut yo Dayumb dumb stinkin sewer.
Of course war has changed but the need to use ground forces will always be a have to.
look at Iraq 2005-2008. We were getting our asses handed to us over there.
so saying We didnt make go through hardships in combat is ignorant n foolish.

this whole thread is foolish but I understand and y’all can continue to have opinions.
I can understand howsome may feel about military is pushed down people’s throat but dont play me and my brothers and sisters that made sacrifices for not just everyone but more importantly our family n brothers/ sisters in arm.

I hate the fact that people have to “thank you for your service” every time they see a person in uniform.

I mean, I may or not be anti-military - that doesn’t negate the fact that the military installed here in the USA is responsible for destruction of humanity in hundreds of country’s, and the millions and millions of civilian deaths. And I don’t condone or have to thank any person attributed to the destruction of civilization anywhere, in any country.

“my grand father died in the Cold War, show some respect”
show some respect bro? To a possible murderer? Nah. Your grandfather also knew what he was getting himself into the moment he enlisted.

America has this sick fetish with militarized storylines and bombs bursting in national anthems to appease their patriotism.

facts, I tend to agree with OP

do I disrespect anyone? no but really I don't care and I sure as hell am not saying thank you for your service.

With as many homeless vets lying around any city in America, I believe those that CLAIM they care about them don't really care either.

But the forced standing ovations at Sporting events are annoying

dc do u realize that anyone Is a vet from the guy that didn’t make it through boot camp to the guy that got forced out for poppin on a piss test after 10 months of being in?
the majority of the vets that are homelesshave prolly down less than 2 yrs Of service and are trying to get sympathy n latch on to the VA system at an attempt to get any benefits.
I look at these people as regular people.
The military didn’t make them homeless. If anything they would still be homeless and without a check from the VA(medical disability) if it wasn’t for the military

dc do u realize that anyone Is a vet from the guy that didn’t make it through boot camp to the guy that got forced out for poppin on a piss test after 10 months of being in?
the majority of the vets that are homelesshave prolly down less than 2 yrs Of service and are trying to get sympathy n latch on to the VA system at an attempt to get any benefits.
I look at these people as regular people.
The military didn’t make them homeless. If anything they would still be homeless and without a check from the VA(medical disability) if it wasn’t for the military

I am not even sure how you took my statement as ,"The military made them poor/homeless" but ok.

Also, there is no way to know the Years of service and/or hy someone no longer serves by looking at them ao that point was irrelevant as well.

I am not even sure how you took my statement as ,"The military made them poor/homeless" but ok.

Also, there is no way to know the Years of service and/or hy someone no longer serves by looking at them ao that point was irrelevant as well.
I’m tryna downplay the whole vet thing. Too many people try to claim it for their benefit and it’s usually the ones with minimal time in.
I know a lot of dudes that got out withless than 2 years and swore up n down they made so many sacrifices as a vet. It’s almost comical.

The military is cool with me. I’m assuming most cats go in for the benefits and career opportunities and what have you and not some on “I’m fighting for your freedom” stuff. Got a friend who went in the navy after getting his bachelors and is getting paid. More power to him. Another homie of mine who is on here is about to retire in his early 40’s. That’s a good look.

The whole notion of forced patriotism can get annoying though. I respect the commitment to that line of work, the being away for months etc. Not going to put them or any other line of work on a pedestal though.

Had some bozo try to pull that “I fight for your freedom” stuff a few years back to make me look bad in front of some chick I was trying to smash. Ended up still smashing her. He thought his billy bad *** solider act was going to get him the Yambz lol. I’ve rarely encountered people like that though.

that doesn’t negate the fact that the military installed here in the USA is responsible for destruction of humanity in hundreds of country’s, and the millions and millions of civilian deaths. And I don’t condone or have to thank any person attributed to the destruction of civilization anywhere, in any country.

But you DO take part of it indirectly.

The rifles, the bullets, the missiles are all paid for by YOU and every taxpaying citizen.

Interesting you wrote post dessert storm vets. Why that operation in particular? Why respect troops from prior military campaigns?

your only gripe is that they walk around with thier uniforms on and get small discounts? You hate kids too who dress up on halloween and get free candy ?

i may share your viewpoint but depending on your answers, i may help you in this endeavor.

and we're supposed to support the troops?

how about the government do its job and support them when they come back from fighting instead of leading them into a life of poverty, homelessness and mentall illness?

do as i say, not as i do bs
Yo I didn't know how bad it was. Since March 2018, every two weeks I'd drive an hr to the biggest city to give out snacks and supplies to the homeless in the city. I sit and talk with them. Alot of them were in the military for 12 years, 10, 5 years, etc. They share stories of coming home to nothing or next to it. I was mind blown. They show me pins and things and share experiences. I just try to encourage them that as long as they breathe, their story ain't over. Things can still change.

But inside I'm like, cot damn. They way we as a nation portray our pride for our troops dont seems equal with the tangible support they need post active duty. People are giving up their youth and relationships while our capital is spent on weapons manufacturing. I can't buy into people patriotism becusse it's predominantly lips service. Can't even be mad at them getting 15% off, cus thats about as much of a damn as this country bout em already.

what are your thoughts on wwe's annual tribute to the troops & overall pro-military military stance the showcase w/n the company?

youngogjosh youngogjosh & cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 if u don't mind, I would like to hear your thoughts on this as well please.

I really wish overzealous flag-waving was the biggest problem with that organization...but yeah just like in the NFL/NBA/MLB, it's a glorified youth recruitment tool and it ain't exactly subtle HEY YOUNG FANS YOU MAY NOT MAKE YOUR FAVORITE TEAM BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS JOIN THE REAL PATRIOTS!

for fun I'll throw in the time John Cena randomly broke the news of the Bin Laden execution live on air:

Back
Top Bottom