Anyone Else Not Give a **** About the Troops?

I respect the good troops. The ones who made that decision to serve their country, despite their circumstances in life, and especially when they pay such a heavy price like getting severely injured or killed. They do that just to get some paycheck, some want to become legal citizens. Alot of sacrifice and self discipline goes into being a member of the military. If I could do it, I would have tried, the basic requirements look daunting. And when they finish their service, some members are left with some lifelong issues, mentally, emotionally, physically and certainly financially.
God bless our troops who are really making part of their lives, other peoples lives, and our lives a little better.

Problem for me is, this notion of supporting the troops has evolved into such a white dude, convienient patriotism, identification trope that i stay away from it.

Also, for me, there is a question of what exactly supporting the troops entails. Im not finna send em a dollar, that automatically goes to them (taxes). BUT do I support them in spirit?most certainly. I wish for them not to risk life and limb for the current low chracter d***head thats in office that would NEVER do the same for them. Do I support americas bully tactics and senseless bloodshed? Never. No matter who’s in office.

its not necessarily that idgaf, its that theres conditions to it.

We don't need to walk around in uniforms to get a discount on retail items. No one is forced to thank us for our service. It's all a courtesy and shows appreciation for what we do. Bottom line, I don't even like when people come up to me and say it. Some of the logic in here though, ya'll got too much time on your hands and think too much.

Since we posting music...

This pigeon was outside my window listening to this and by the end of the video he turned into a bald eagle and flew away

LOL

JK

Flashback to the time I wore a Supreme Structured Black Cut Sew tee underneath my flight suit

pulled 9.1 G's that day

this was a long time ago...

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 4.57.07 PM.png

Recently one of my friends of a few years told me that he didn't even know that I used to be in the military

I don't go around blasting that fact

I was a mechanic though.... I legit did my job everyday and had tons of fun in the Air Force...

There's a gate that goes into Tijuana, Mexico and if you cross that gate you lose your civil rights

after that there's a gate that opens up to Mexico... you cross that gate and you lose your human rights

In Africa you can't even go from Country to Country without getting taxed for that $$$ from the locals on the roads

War is a terrible thing and I thank god that I wasn't sent to war but I was willing and that my friends kind of makes me a "G"

Last edited:
I get most of your points and I’m mostly with you. I personally know a few people who I respect and look up to who went into the military and could have worked any job they wanted. One dude was the coolest, smartest guy in our school and he joined because his family had always joined and he felt some type of way about 9/11. He was quiet about it and served for himself. Got out and opened up a pretty successful gym and is now a pro natty body builder. Point is, I respect him for who he was before the military and after, and I never felt like him joining obligated me to kiss his *** for any reason.

I mostly give the eye roll to the current generation of service members who “didn’t watch their friends die face down in the mud so that we could disrespect the flag and do the flossie dance in YouTube videos.” Type dudes.

I do get teary eyed listening to my dad talk about the military. His brother got drafted to Vietnam. One day he was chilling living life with his best friend and sibling, fast forward a half year and his brother is dead. That kinda stuff gets me.

LOOOONG Story short: I don’t have an innate respect for anyone in the military, it’s all situational.

All the white dudes who wanted to be black at my high school who joined the military are now racist. Clowns. I don’t give anyone props for joining/serving. Sorry.

If joining military is the only realistic way out of poverty, then I can understand. Other than that, nope.

Last edited:
Can’t lie I laughed at the part when Op said they wearing they uniforms for 15% off a $4 item lol but homie wilding, must be drunk.

OP is entitled to his own opinion but from my perspective Police, Fireman, Military members are all willing to put their lives on the line when called upon. So I think discounts is the least we can do when there is people that are making Millions of dollars from posting YouTube videos.
OP: how do you feel about the police/Fire department?

Back
Top Bottom