Anyone else on NT adopted? Have you tried finding your birth parents?

Ive never really understood this..but I'm not adopted..If someone gave me away, no matter the reason I can't see wanting to find them. My dad left when I was 8 and I hate the guy..I don;t want to ask him nothin don't want to see him I could really careless what happens to him..If I had a family who took me in and loved me like I was there own I wouldnt want to find out anything about my real parents..To each his own though good luck with your search. keep us updated.

Ive never really understood this..but I'm not adopted..If someone gave me away, no matter the reason I can't see wanting to find them. My dad left when I was 8 and I hate the guy..I don;t want to ask him nothin don't want to see him I could really careless what happens to him..If I had a family who took me in and loved me like I was there own I wouldnt want to find out anything about my real parents..To each his own though good luck with your search. keep us updated.

I was adopted at the age of one from the philippines. Now that i'm old enough to learn how it all went down its a kinda weird but yet such a blessing that I am here today.

So my step parents; my mom is filipino, and my dad is German(RIP). My real dad ran off when i was born but my step mom knew my biological mother. My mother was too poor to take care of me so my step parents took me in and brought me to the States. Then i found out that the doctor that delieverd me is my step moms sister.

At the age of 7 we traveled back to the philippines to visit family and to meet my mother. I dont remember much, but I know she was very beautiful and when she saw me she hugged and kissed me for the longest time.

At the age of 15 my now parents adopted my now two sisters from my step-moms brother. One was older and the other 5.

I must say, that i feel truely blessed and lucky to be here in the US. Life is hard in the philippines, and its even harder to become american citizens. Most of them instead move to Canada where life is alittle better.

I think about my mother from time to time, but i cant complain about my life that i've lived. They treated me good just as if I was really one of theirs. I've heard that my realdad remarried twice and had kids, so there's no telling how many brothers i have. Maybe one day i will persue locating him, if not him then for other possible siblings.

I was adopted at the age of one from the philippines. Now that i'm old enough to learn how it all went down its a kinda weird but yet such a blessing that I am here today.

So my step parents; my mom is filipino, and my dad is German(RIP). My real dad ran off when i was born but my step mom knew my biological mother. My mother was too poor to take care of me so my step parents took me in and brought me to the States. Then i found out that the doctor that delieverd me is my step moms sister.

At the age of 7 we traveled back to the philippines to visit family and to meet my mother. I dont remember much, but I know she was very beautiful and when she saw me she hugged and kissed me for the longest time.

At the age of 15 my now parents adopted my now two sisters from my step-moms brother. One was older and the other 5.

I must say, that i feel truely blessed and lucky to be here in the US. Life is hard in the philippines, and its even harder to become american citizens. Most of them instead move to Canada where life is alittle better.

I think about my mother from time to time, but i cant complain about my life that i've lived. They treated me good just as if I was really one of theirs. I've heard that my realdad remarried twice and had kids, so there's no telling how many brothers i have. Maybe one day i will persue locating him, if not him then for other possible siblings.

One of my best friends is adopted. After we graduated high school, he was able to find and meet his birth mother (she is not sure who the father is). She was actually from the same state (KS) so it wasn't too hard for him to find her. He now has a semi-close relationship with her and her family. He goes hunting with his uncles and cousins that he didn't know until he was 18. He's a lot like you OP. He loves his adoptive parents and considers them his "real" parents but he had this sense of emptiness where he just "had to know." His adoptive mom was very uneasy about it and didn't want him to do it but his adoptive dad understood and helped him find his real mom. Eventually his adoptive mom came around and is accepting of it now. So It turned out good for him; hopefully it turns out good for you.

One of my best friends is adopted. After we graduated high school, he was able to find and meet his birth mother (she is not sure who the father is). She was actually from the same state (KS) so it wasn't too hard for him to find her. He now has a semi-close relationship with her and her family. He goes hunting with his uncles and cousins that he didn't know until he was 18. He's a lot like you OP. He loves his adoptive parents and considers them his "real" parents but he had this sense of emptiness where he just "had to know." His adoptive mom was very uneasy about it and didn't want him to do it but his adoptive dad understood and helped him find his real mom. Eventually his adoptive mom came around and is accepting of it now. So It turned out good for him; hopefully it turns out good for you.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I meant "his parents" not "my parents"

You know you can edit it, right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

im here son, sorry i abandoned you
indifferent.gif
Not funny at all man.

My cousin was adopted and he's literally the only cool cousin I have. I hung out with him like every weekend when I was a junior/senior in highschool and he's become one of my best friends in addition to my favorite cousin. He's a blessing to our family.

I've asked him if he ever wants to meet my parents and he gives me a stern "no, I don't care at all" every time.

I have to watch using the word bastard around him because I said it once like, "you bastard!" (like in a jealous manner), and he gave me the
indifferent.gif
"I take offense to that word because I am a bastard". I felt terrible.

did that once to my cousin just joking around whilel we were playing and he was raised by our grandmother...i still feel like $!+$ for that...i just don't use the word at all anymore so it doesnt slip around him or his brother...
tired.gif

good luck OP i hope you get what you're looking for...

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

im here son, sorry i abandoned you
indifferent.gif
Not funny at all man.

My cousin was adopted and he's literally the only cool cousin I have. I hung out with him like every weekend when I was a junior/senior in highschool and he's become one of my best friends in addition to my favorite cousin. He's a blessing to our family.

I've asked him if he ever wants to meet my parents and he gives me a stern "no, I don't care at all" every time.

I have to watch using the word bastard around him because I said it once like, "you bastard!" (like in a jealous manner), and he gave me the
indifferent.gif
"I take offense to that word because I am a bastard". I felt terrible.

did that once to my cousin just joking around whilel we were playing and he was raised by our grandmother...i still feel like $!+$ for that...i just don't use the word at all anymore so it doesnt slip around him or his brother...
tired.gif

good luck OP i hope you get what you're looking for...

Back
Top Bottom