Anyone else think Polo is played out?

my potna owns the polo crown so Im bringing Nautica back

I DONT HAVE TO SWAG SURF I GOT A BOAT
pimp.gif

Polo has been around for around 40 years now. It's not going anywhere. It's a quality brand that your average person can afford.

This goes in cycles, Polo was big in NYC for a long time, died out in the late 90's and early tur of the century with the influx of new brand names thatcatered to the hip-hop community, but came back a few years ago. It's all cyclical. I ca't believe most of you dudes are wearing lumberjacks/flannel,but like I said its all cyclical, what's old is new again, and the same will happen with Polo.

lol, my pops was like growin up only the "squares" wore polo........but he went to a private school in long island then went on to Yale so I canunderstand where he comin from in his POV.

he a business dude an ive never seen him wear polo, for him the line has a stigma to them phonyy uppity long island rich kids he went to school with, but henever forgot where he came from i guess.

maybe thats why im not big on it myself i never wore it growin up at all.

OP must be friends with that dude that brags about being a valet and made this post weeks ago

If you thought it was a trend, then maybe it's played out.

But Polo is timeless.

It's popularity may ebb and flow, but it will never "play out".

played out? never.

they may not be the "IN" brand that the masses are rocking today but for me I've been wearing Polo since I was 3-- no "fad" is going tochange that.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Just switch to something else though.

Word to Brooks Brothers. You won't see ANY goons in Brooks Brothers.
haha Brooks Brothers is
pimp.gif
I only have one cause we dont havea store here. but it tore and my mom had to sew it back up
I wore mine to school my Junior year and this chick was like "%#! is that a pig" exactly my friend.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Polo will never be played out.

it happened once when tommy hilfiger went down in flames.
embarassed.gif

I wore my new Tommy polo yesterday
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

my potna owns the polo crown so Im bringing Nautica back
_'s sleep on Nautica. They have some ill shirts on the low.
Word to Brooks Brothers. You won't see ANY goons in Brooks Brothers.
I just bought some Brooks Brothers shoes
smokin.gif

I'm from the south. I've been in POLO since I was born. My dad has been wearing Polo since it first came out. I'll always be in Polo. If youbelieve it's a trend you obviously know nothing about the brand.

i Dare someone to tell me Polo is played out.

My mentor put me on Ralph Lauren in 1997 heavily. Its my preferred choice of brand.

So whether it seems to be a NEW trend or PLAYED out to you...

..i was never influenced to wear it because i heard about it in a song.

Enough with these threads.

- I only purchase the one-of-a-kind $125 joints, now. The ones that NEVER go on sale (Ex: Black Watch).

- Once the season is over, the shirt is removed from circulation and you have a unique treat for years to come.

- The common solid color pony stuff is lame to me, now...yet, I have a closet full of solid color and striped stuff
ohwell.gif

- Among Polo's target audience, it will never go out of style.

Originally Posted by Methedy24

- The common solid color pony stuff is lame to me, now...yet, I have a closet full of solid color and striped stuff
ohwell.gif
I'm saying though...You NEED those in your wardrobe IMO. You can't wear the gaudy Rugby's w/ the horses and saddles ALL the time.

You need the understated one's too.

Just my opinion though.

Got to have a balance.

I must say, young folks nowadays will either ride a brand too hard or claim they're too cool to like it at all.

On a side note, J. Crew really crushes all competition in terms of sheer, clean simplicity and comfort.

Polo is a lifestyle not a trend....i still got polos from way back when and i might pull 'em out here and there.....i refuse to let these trend hoppersruin the polo legacy.....they'll be on to something else soon....and plus you can tell who's been wearing it and who just now started wearing it

Back
Top Bottom