Anyone ever do the EURO TRIP thing? vol. Paris to Amsterdam to Italy to Spain to

I want to do this so bad, but like Dr Spaceman said What was the budget or the least you should take to have fun?

What's the weather like late June & early July?
it looks like it's raining all week this week

i'm trying to decide if I wanna check in luggage or try bringing everything via Carry on

Glasgow Scotland>Berlin German>Prague, Czech Republic>Edinborough Scotland>Glasgow again.

Best 2 weeks of my life

Going to London for about 20 days in Aug for study abroad. Me and a few people are planning on going to Paris and Amsterdam.
happy.gif
. I can't wait.

I just got back from the England last Tuesday. I went for 24 days to see Morrissey on his "Years of Refusal" tour. He got sick, so he canceled 7gigs.I got the chance to really see England and France. Here is my advice:

If it's more than two of you, I'd suggest getting a double-room hotel and sneaking the rest in. Trust me. Hostels are straight garbage.Leaving yourstuff in rooms where strangers roll right in when you're gone, sharing bathrooms with about 15 cats (especially in Amsterdam) is not crackin'.

In London, there isn't any lifts, or escalators that are working, so you're going to be lifting your luggage up stairs while getting on the Tube.

For the best exchange rate for the Pound and Euro, withdraw money from a.t.m. from a bank. Be careful, cause credit-card fraud is cracking in Europe.

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but your trip is super ambitious. Due to Morrissey's cancellations, I spent 6 days in London, and 4 in France and Istill didn't get to see everything...

Anyways, have fun, and don't be a rude American.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

I do this almost every summer now.

My best advice is pick a few places to go and spend a decent amount of time there. How long do you plan on being there?

There is no point in spending a bunch of time traveling and not actually enjoying your time.

The great thing about Europe is everything is so close. It is fairly inexpensive to hop on a plane and fly from city to city.

Usually I will fly into London and hop on a train and go directly to Paris. (London is pretty expensive place and do not like spending a lot of time there. However, if you've never been there. I suggest spending some time there).

I'll then fly from Paris to Barcelona and then either ferry or fly to Ibiza. From Ibiza, I'll fly to Amsterdam and then from there fly to London. Spend a few days in London and then fly back to the states.

How much money do you bring with you?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

What's the weather like late June & early July?
it looks like it's raining all week this week

i'm trying to decide if I wanna check in luggage or try bringing everything via Carry on
I can't speak on rain and all that around this time but I went end of May and it was pretty hot. mid 80's I think

Try carry ons...with all the traveling between places, it's not worth the risk of potentially losing anything or even having to wait around for it inbaggage claim...on top of having to lug it everywhere, up hostel stairs, down in subways etc etc. I took a normal sized backpack and one carry on suitcase andstuffed it with essential stuff. Anything else, I just bought over there.

also, keep in mind..you stay in hostel's or whatever, there's not the greatest of security for your items..and there's some...interesting....folksthat roll through there...mixed in with a lot of younger people doing the same euro trip ur doing.

Just booked my flight
pimp.gif

Doing 6 weeks.

Fly to London --> flight to Athens, travel around greece for 8 days or so --> ferry/bus/train to Istanbul, explore turkey for about 8 days --> Sofia,Bulgaria --> Romania --> Budapest, Hungary --> Prague, Czech Republic --> Krakow, Poland (maybe) --> Amsterdam --> back to London

should be epic
pimp.gif

I just got back from Italy on Friday. It depends on where you go in italy but 2 days to see all of italy it aint gonna happen. You cant even see everything inrome in 2 days. But if you go to Italy i would suggest Florence over rome. I did rome, florence, sacile and venice. You can see venice in 1 day. the weather isup and down. 1 day it rained the next was sunny and warm so be prepared.

My ideal plan is to make a EuroTrip for the first two weeks in August (which will go into my 23rd birthday next year).....

...and this thread is motivation!!!

kryptonite- where do you live??

i copped my passport earlier this year with all intentions of doin a 21 day trip with my roommate and our other bestfriend.. Shht fell through, if itwasn't because of their finances it was for some other BS..

I'ma do a trip my self real soon. Flights to London are pretty cheap every now and then I might just wake up one morning and decide to hop on a flight.

I want to study abroad in France before I graduate in the next 2 years, but i definitely want to do a few trips over there before that comes up.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

kryptonite- where do you live??

i copped my passport earlier this year with all intentions of doin a 21 day trip with my roommate and our other bestfriend.. Shht fell through, if it wasn't because of their finances it was for some other BS..

I'ma do a trip my self real soon. Flights to London are pretty cheap every now and then I might just wake up one morning and decide to hop on a flight.

I want to study abroad in France before I graduate in the next 2 years, but i definitely want to do a few trips over there before that comes up.
I live in London. Now would be the best time to go to London whilst the economy is still bad over here, the exchange rate will work out better foryou.

This seems like a good idea after graduation spendin time in Europe. Have a blast like those guys in Hangover.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

what was everyones budget and how long did you stay?
...I want to do it but the money situation is crucial here. I'm the type who would like to go everywhere...and I mean everywhere...I need somesort of a budget figure too. I cannot travel without knowing how much it's going to cost me. A credit card is always convenient but I've been insituation where I was in
sick.gif
when I just came from a month'svacation...I don't want the same thing happening again.

I took 2 different trips to Europe.

You're going to need ATLEAST $500-1k/week to have a comfortable time IMO.

^ is that all in meaning transportation, food, hostels,etc?

I figured food wouldn't be too expensive, but transportation and hostels(can share) can be pricey (so as I think).

Hostels can be anywhere from like $20-$50/night.....food is probably $20-50/day depending on how well you want to eat. Trains vary but aren't tooexpensive.

Whats the situation with getting a job over in Europe? Maybe Spain or Italy etc.?

I hope after graduation, might be keen on a working holiday

Back
Top Bottom