Anyone ever do the EURO TRIP thing? vol. Paris to Amsterdam to Italy to Spain to

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

kryptonite- where do you live??

i copped my passport earlier this year with all intentions of doin a 21 day trip with my roommate and our other bestfriend.. Shht fell through, if it wasn't because of their finances it was for some other BS..

I'ma do a trip my self real soon. Flights to London are pretty cheap every now and then I might just wake up one morning and decide to hop on a flight.

I want to study abroad in France before I graduate in the next 2 years, but i definitely want to do a few trips over there before that comes up.
I live in London. Now would be the best time to go to London whilst the economy is still bad over here, the exchange rate will work out better for you.

I live in London also...King's Cross FTL.
laugh.gif
I'm an Americanfinishing my Master's though, will probably be out of here by August. The funny thing is, a lot of Europeans I talk to CAN'T WAIT to do the Americanroad trip, and most of us Americans do the European trip. Almost like a straight swap.

If anyone is coming to London feel free to PM me about anything London: clubs, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc. I'd be more than happy to help.

I've been to UK afew times over the past 3yrs since i have a friend who lives in Birmingham. During my trips i've gone to Norway, Amsterdam, Spain(rented a car in Valencia and drove to Barcelona and back to Valencia), Rome. Also, while in UK i spent time in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leicester.I've stayed in Hostels in Spain and Amsterdam and never had a problem. Just do your research on where your staying. i plan on going back to UK in novemberfor 5-6 weeks

ive been to europe twice.

first time i went to germany and took a cruise to england and the second went to germany and drove to amster damn
pimp.gif

and the one thing ive learned while in europe?

PEOPLE DONT EXPECT 20% FOR DOING THEIR JOB. like straight up the first week i was there i would tip like i was in america and what not till my peoples let meknow that in germany atleast they just give the change. no wonder dudes were like saying thank you 10 times when i would throw them like 5 euros for deliveringmy doner and fries. IF YOU GO TO TURKEY/GERMANY GET YOU A DONER CAUSE IT POOS ALL OVER GYROS.

like someone said dont be all american and stereotypical, because i learned that europe isnt about racism and a lot more about nationalism.

talk to people and say hello and what not, in germany a shop owner cursed us out for leaving the store without saying goodbye haha.

do not i repeat do not exchange your money in the US i did it at the airport and they straight raped me.

as far as money goes im not to sure whats necessary seeing as i always stay with a friend so i never pay for lodging at all.

i usually bring 1600-2000 in cash and always come back with money. 2 weeks in germany + rental car+ visit to amsterdam and i still came back with a crisp 500euro bill from my original 1600 euros.

Also you are going to fall in love with european airports. DUTY FREE IS WHERE ITS AT
pimp.gif
i bought so much stuff at the airport its redic. its seriously likewaiting for your flight in a mall you can buy anything from cologne to louie bags to laptops all tax free!

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

kryptonite- where do you live??

i copped my passport earlier this year with all intentions of doin a 21 day trip with my roommate and our other bestfriend.. Shht fell through, if it wasn't because of their finances it was for some other BS..

I'ma do a trip my self real soon. Flights to London are pretty cheap every now and then I might just wake up one morning and decide to hop on a flight.

I want to study abroad in France before I graduate in the next 2 years, but i definitely want to do a few trips over there before that comes up.
I live in London. Now would be the best time to go to London whilst the economy is still bad over here, the exchange rate will work out better for you.

I live in London also...King's Cross FTL.
laugh.gif
I'm an American finishing my Master's though, will probably be out of here by August. The funny thing is, a lot of Europeans I talk to CAN'T WAIT to do the American road trip, and most of us Americans do the European trip. Almost like a straight swap.

If anyone is coming to London feel free to PM me about anything London: clubs, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc. I'd be more than happy to help.

Yeah it's crazy, they say familiarity breeds contempt. I love London though, flights to places like Italy and Spain are so cheap. It'spossible to literally get flights for £2 return, it's more than convenient
laugh.gif
Places like Rome and Barcelona have a huge amount of American tourists,when i'm there you see loads of them..

Which university are you studying at?

Originally Posted by JuJu

Also you are going to fall in love with european airports. DUTY FREE IS WHERE ITS AT
pimp.gif
i bought so much stuff at the airport its redic. its seriously like waiting for your flight in a mall you can buy anything from cologne to louie bags to laptops all tax free!
Duty Free FTW. I always buy cigs so I can sell them to my friends
laugh.gif

^European Business School my man, Regents College, Regents Park...finishing up and hopefully getting a job back home in the US...economy here in London is evenworse...

Europe.

Great place to visit, strange place to live.

I'm currently in Italy like 30 min south of Rome. I really haven't ventured out too much yet. I know crazy.

Some co-workers and I are currently planning a trip similar to what's already been posted. Just from riding the trains and all that, be careful.

No matter what you do, you will stand out and be a target. Luckily a lot of people are shook of black cats and pick other targets for muggings and what not.

Here in Italy, originally I thought everyone was racist...sometimes I still do, but it's not the case at all. Alot of them live very sheltered lives andyou might end up being the first black, mexican, mixed, short, American or whatever that they come across, so be patient. Ignore the staring. Focus on all the(()) walking around basically throwing itself at you.

The $ sucks right now compared to the Euro...

If you're driving over here, be careful...nothing like the US at all. Basically break every law you were told not to.

Always strap up...make sure the girls your taking home aren't "working"...

Always keep your passport and other ID with you at all times.

Don't spend more than a day or two in Rome...it's more for old people than the young, hip crowd.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Always keep your passport and other ID with you at all times.

Don't spend more than a day or two in Rome...it's more for old people than the young, hip crowd.

Good looks. what's there to do in Venice? gonna be there for like 2-3 days
it's more of a chill spot right?

and where/when should I change the $ to Euro's? thanks everyone

i try and go to europe once a year. my fave cities are london and amsterdam. there is more to amsterdam than the weed imo.

other good places to hit up:
marseille
st.petersberg,russia
copenhagen
barcelona
rome
edinburgh
dublin
munich
stockholme
helsinki
dubrovnik

i did the train thing and didn't really like it. then again i dont really like trains for long distance travel. you can travel on the cheap via easyjet andryanair.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

i try and go to europe once a year. my fave cities are london and amsterdam. there is more to amsterdam than the weed imo.
I am so hyped for Amsterdam even though we only gonna be there for 3 nights. any other recommendations for things to do there besides Red lightdistrict and Heiniken Museum? what are the must-dos?

man i need to talk to some of my friends that would want to go..i would love to do a eurotrip

just came back last month from london and amsterdam. had a blast. make sure you bring enough money tho.

Back
Top Bottom