Anyone ever use those debt reduction companies?

kvn

I'm looking to consolidate my debt an seeing what would be the best method. Thanks

I don't have a credit card. But good luck man. You should have not spend money you didn't have but I hope someone can help you out.

i cant see it being beneficial in the long run. you are just adding another company into the mix trying to make money off you.

maybe someone here with better knowledge can assist you. throw away your cards if you keep spending on frivolous things.

good luck

Dont use them bad news, and they basically go on your credit report as having filed bankruptcy.

My dad did this a few months ago. He had $38,000 of credit card debt, and 6 months later he is down to $32,000. Basically, they pay off all your debts, andthey just give you a lump-sum monthly payment. He pays around $1000 a month.

Originally Posted by infamousod

pay your bills

I hate when people make stupid comments like this. Was that the "cool" thing to say? Consolidating his debt and not paying his bills are 2 differentthings. If he wasnt worried about paying his bills he wouldnt be trying to consolidate. I wonder about the quality of people on here sometimes
smh.gif

Go to this website

www.daveramsey.com

Google search for something called the Debt Snowball

I promise this will be the best, fastest, and most effective method of getting you out of debt entirely.

Thanks for the info. I can pay the bills I'm just looking for a way to free up some money for my wedding. I'm probably just gonna go an get a bank loanafter the wedding and just pay it off that way. Just in case I'm an old collector not some youngin that collected a lot of debt buying hella shoes (thoughthere is some of that but not all). I got school and books that I need to finally pay off.

wow... KVN sighting and nobody is making a big deal out of it? You been roaming the site more frequently lately, I haven't seen you around here in a minutenow.

Yea I'm usually around the fitted post or AM posts. Cuz of my foot size I'm usually on ISS with a bigfooter usergroup. So I pretty much just roamaround an not post much. Can't believe my post count is so low compared to my joined date

It just takes a whole lot of restraint & focus. From what I've heard, those debt consolidations are helpful for some, but not for most.

Try the debt snowball as that's always a good method. Yet, I don't think that's gonna free up any money for you (which sounds like your currentgoal).

Grab a second/part-time gig, dump your collection (you can always buy back the majority of those, trust me), whatever it takes.

Originally Posted by Jules300

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

Pay you bills.......or just go bankrupt and take the hit for the next 7 years LOL
How is that funny?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by infamousod

pay your bills
I hate when people make stupid comments like this. Was that the "cool" thing to say? Consolidating his debt and not paying his bills are 2 different things. If he wasnt worried about paying his bills he wouldnt be trying to consolidate. I wonder about the quality of people on here sometimes
smh.gif

SERIOUSLY, some of the people on here need to realize that sometimes people catch bad breaks every now and then and one bad break can turn into two and on andon, do some of u guys even pay attention to the news? people are getting laid off left and right because of the economy

im not in debt and ive never used one of these consolidation -> lower payments programs but good luck, its good to know that youre trying to fix things forthe better

SMH at someone suggesting bankruptcy, thats the scarlett letter right there, thats with u for life

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

wow... KVN sighting and nobody is making a big deal out of it? You been roaming the site more frequently lately, I haven't seen you around here in a minute now.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Dude is going to be going in a ten year anniversary pretty soon. That is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom